Saturday 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 19th

Morning all, wet and wild again today. Lee is getting fed up as wants to get into the garden. The last garden waste bin collection until the 20th Jan next Wednesday.

Today just draft listed my journal tags onto Folksy, will post a collage on CC. Off to make a start on the embroidery for the lavender sachets. Vintage theme again crinoline ladies and other designs.

Sending you my love Shelley and wish you a speedy recovery, hugs x

Linda have you finished the book binding yet or do you plan another cushion to the moggies session?

Dave busy as always.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all. Dry here, blue sky.
    Not a lot going on, got someone picking mounts etc up at 10am.
    Need to think about getting a tree.
    Waiting on a parcel but the sender has screwed up and not put our door number on so its sitting in a centre somewhere...😡
    Hope Shelley is on the mend...
    Catch up with Linda later.

Dave.

Comment

Morning few! Finally brightened up outside, but still breezy and very damp from overnight rain and (happily) unseasonally warm.

Yesterday - spent several hours in the morning tootling about with fiddly bits and winging it on book stuff. I did finish off one book (hopefully photo later) and it's been under the weights all night. Made a start on the next book, but the first thing I did was discard the papers I'd put out for the book block, so lots of time sorting, measuring and cutting paper from the supply from the Scrap Store. Took ages working out how to make up the front cover from a piece of cross stitch and handmade paper (that was the winging it bit). Afternoon got landed on by a couple of cats! Pulled down the crochet I'd done because it wasn't working out well, and started another version. All in all lots done and little to show for it!
      George is definitely feeling better - he played with the yarn I was pulling down and rewinding yesterday for quite a while, then later on he attacked me when he didn't want to move out of my chair so I could sit down!

Today - laundry on the go, get back to the books and see what progress I can make, take stock of the WIP I have and make some sort of a plan to reduce the load (canvas work, black work, knitted cardigan to finish, scarf/cowl knitting, crochet, coptic stitch small diary to finish and bookbinding). If I make decent progress on one of them I'll be happy

Caroline - saw the journal tags picture - you really are on a roll again As for cat cushion work - that is never planned by me, it's all what they want!
      Dave - hope the parcel finds its way to you before long! Is it Royal Mail or one of the courier firms? Our local posties are brilliant and some of the stuff they deliver is so badly addressed (or not) it's a wonder it gets to the right village!
      Shelley - had an update from Dave and glad to know where you are and you haven't abandoned us. Not such good news about the situation but hope things are improving for you. xx

HAGO
      Linda

Comment

Courier Linda, the distributor has made the cock up, Chris our Hermes guy found out and told us. He is trying to get them to release it to him as he knows us personally.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
          Courier Linda, the distributor has made the cock up, Chris our Hermes guy found out and told us. He is trying to get them to release it to him as he knows us personally.

Dave.
          OH dear! Hope it gets sorted out pdq. Sounds like you've got one of the better Hermes delivery people - certainly his attitude makes up for the slapdash attitude that gets reported round here; I suppose it just depends on how much "jobsworth" attitude he has to deal with at the distribution depot. Hermes reputation round here is second only to Yodel, although I have to say the few parcels I've had via Hermes have been delivered in a timely manner and I have no personal complaints about the service.

Linda

Comment

Chris is a great bloke. If we are out he will do the rest of the village then come back to see if we are in, three of us take each others parcels in so he uses that for all of us too, Mo the DPD chap won’t leave a parcel unless he snaps you holding it.

UPDATE. I phoned John Lewis yesterday about the parcel. They put me directly through to the Jo Mallone company at 3pm, Royal mail special delivery came this morning just after me posting on here. JM are red hot, dealt with them before.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
              UPDATE. I phoned John Lewis yesterday about the parcel. They put me directly through to the Jo Mallone company at 3pm, Royal mail special delivery came this morning just after me posting on here. JM are red hot, dealt with them before.

Dave.
              Good news all round
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X