Saturday 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 12th

Morning all! Dark but milder than of late; forecast for heavy rain for a few hours late morning/early afternoon after mist has cleared and then showers possible during the afternoon.

Yesterday - ended up doing another load of laundry, then I washed the two hessian sacks I got from Scrap Store (they stank to high heaven, having originally been used to store/transport coffee beans from Rwanda and were very dirty of course). I need to use at least one of them to repair an ancient rug my grandma made and if enough hessian left over will reinforce the other rug before it wears through completely. Around that I completed the covers for the small diary, so I can get on with the stitching together, and made the casings for and bound the two small notebooks. Afternoon spent watching a week's worth of Strictly so I started a bit of knitting to keep my hands occupied. Managed to get both doses into George without damage to me but I think the evening one went in too fast as he had a coughing fit immediately afterwards. I'm not flavour of the month any more!

Today - better do a bit of hw I think - kitchen has been kept clean and tidy but the rest of the house isn't good. Got another couple of Christmas gifts to wrap and get ready for posting as an unexpected package arrived yesterday, GP qualifying to watch, researching methods of making books with leather (in my case leatherette) covers, and ought to look at sewing together pieces of the cardigan so I can get the neckband done before completing it.
    OH has just appeared (far too early for my plans) and announced he's going for a soak in the bath, so opportunity for me to get the vacuum to work.

Caroline - having a snuggle in bed with the big hairy monster? (that's Shiloh, not Lee LOL!!!!!) What plans for creativity today - more project boxes?
    Dave - apostrophes - bain of life, I always worked by the rule "if in doubt, leave it out". Definitely need to keep and treasure hand created cards and gifts for many years after their original purpose has passed - it's criminal to discard all that love and skill that went into the making. Charity shops, car boot sales and second hand shops etc - I'm in heaven So many treasures to be found.
    Shelley - glad you popped in last night, I was hoping there was nothing major amiss. Have you been doing a little bit too much, too soon? Take things steady today and I hope you feel much better this morning.

HAGO
    Linda

Morning all, damp and cold here. Off for a dog walk later and post a card.

Already made said card an unexpected Christmas receipt. Made a lace cuff in gold and ivory, now what? may have a cup of coffee then have a think. Ploughing through the project boxes, still to make another 2 cuffs, will get them laid out and then stitched maybe today or tomorrow.

HW Linda? leaving downstairs until Monday have to do the floors this week, Lee goes behind with drying cloths and keeps it cleaner that way. Otherwise get all these paw prints as he will insist in following mw round with the mop.

Yes Shiloh had his cuddle, I was looking at the iPad and he nosed it out of the way he comes first!!!!

HAGD & BBL x

Comment

Morning all...bit showery on and off here.
      Once I’ve been out and walked the dog I’ll deliver the cards and baubles. I had to recut one because at the last minute I realised....I’d got the chaps name right but his wife was not the name I’d put next to his 😂😂. All done apart from my sisters.

Went to the gallery and grabbed some mount boards. The owner, Vicky is from our village originally so we always have a good chat about things.

The girl I cut mounts for gets the keys to her unit this week so I may have work in there too. It is opposite Justins, the other one I have work in but I’ve checked with him, he knows her quite well, he’s happy for me to get more coverage as he gets the architectural ones and animals, more apt as he is a photographer and studio, she gets the more general and Art Nouveau ones etc.

Linda, yes, I even have a Fathers day card etc in a biscuit tin that Jamie and the other had made for me at school, he was only five. I don’t like letting things like that go, it was around the time when me and their mum split up so they are especially precious.

I’ll pop back later as Caroline is probably writing at the same time.
      Glad Shelley checked in last night.

Dave.

Comment

You will be famous Dave with all these exhibits. You have reminded me need to deliver the cards to neighbours. Will do when dark then can see the lights at the same time.

Comment

You have reminded me need to deliver the cards to neighbours.
          Did mine this morning - they've been sat on the dining table for over a week and thought I'd better get on with it before it was too late! Just got the local but not within walking distance ones to do, and three small parcels to take to the post office when I'm out and about on Tuesday.

Linda

Comment

Evening all,

I am still ok I haven't been well, worked out what was going on, taken steps to sort but still not %100.

I hope to be back tomorrow and fill you on the details.

Glad everyone is good and keeping busy.

Tomorrow,

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
              Evening all,

I am still ok I haven't been well, worked out what was going on, taken steps to sort but still not %100.

I hope to be back tomorrow and fill you on the details.

Glad everyone is good and keeping busy.

Tomorrow,

Shelley
              As long as you are ok Shelley and we know you are, all good.
              Just look after yourself, take time to recover and stay safe xx

Dave.

Comment

Take care of yourself Shelley, hugs

Comment

Glad to hear from you Shelley (was getting quite concerned); hope you're soon on the up now you've figured out what the cause is.
                  Take care.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                  X