Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 29th

Morning all very cold out and up early!

Yesterday? Put up half the decorations, the ****ensian village, tv table, kitchen and mantle shelf. Today tree, tinsel and lights, may decorate said tree or leave until tomorrow. Takes ages to put up as each branch is separate. My back was moaning yesterday as the decks are in the under stair cupboard, which is fine. The Xmas stuff is right under the half landing so you walk in so far then have to go on your hands and knees.

Finished the last scarf, need to photograph etc. The boring bits. Have not got any further with the silk beads as needed larger glass beads and bead caps plus wire. Have to have something to do downstairs and need to sort that today. Could make a start on the inchies.

You all sound busy, keep it up.

HAGD & BBL

Shelley semi skimmed milk makes the best rice pudding as well, in the crock pot delicious.

Comment

Morning all! Still dark, had rain overnight, no breeze at the moment, temperature much as yesterday.

Yesterday, yes, Shelley, got back to the diary insert and have done the first draft print; a couple of minor things I want to adjust but hope I will be ready to make some finished items soon. Also got a bit of time on the wool work - I've nearly finished the pattern bit of the border so keen to finish that bit, then to decide whether to do the background of the border or make a start on the pattern of the central section. Went to bed 2 hours earlier than usual because I'd had a bad night and was extremely tired, but that was a mistake because I nodded off early then after midnight I was cat napping until I nodded off again about 5.

Today, feeling tired already so not much will get done today. Could do with a wander to the farm shop - OH went yesterday for mushrooms, but didn't bother to check potatoes before he went and informed me when he got back we were having the last three for tea last night; pasta tonight! Liking the idea of a long soak in a hot bath this afternoon, have last night's Strictly to watch and GP later on this evening.

Caroline - you really do seem to be having problems with posts on this forum - most annoying. I have problems occasionally, but occurrence seems to have reduced recently for me. I'm sure you'll find something suitable from your projects that you can take downstairs to work on.
      Dave - Any joy with work in the garden yesterday? Hopefully, whatever you did, you managed to do in comparative peace. Having visitors around, especially very young ones, can be quite tiring.
      Shelley - Vacuuming - such a mundane and regular job but if it gets left it's such an effort to get caught up with things even though we know how much better it will be once it's done. It's frightening driving a car that isn't "fully fit", especially when you're on your own; glad you got home safely. You're as bad as me - I organise things, then re-organise them and often don't know when to stop! Hope you can make the decision on the coloured pencils.

HAGO
      Linda

Comment

Morning all...dull and damp here but not cold.
        Yesterday was one of those days where the mist didn’t lift all day long. That’s the plus or minus, whichever way you view it of living in a valley or gorge. The damp air settles at the bottom. Gardening? No. Instead Sue wanted to go on a forage for holly with berries so bag and secateurs at the ready, that’s what we did.
        Got home, did some more to the coracle cut, had tea then for some reason we uncommonly got the red out and both got a bit drunk. I don’t know the “why”...just the “how” of it all 🤷🏻‍♂️....all I remember is waking up at 4am, (Sue obviously went to bed and left me there 🙄😆) a rerun of “The Sweeney” blasting out on the telly, dog sitting there waiting for me to get up....She won’t go upstairs until the last one of us makes a move and always waits halfway up the stairs until we catch up 😂😂
        That’s about it from me...😁

Dave.
        Last edited by 3dDave; 29-11-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Forget to say Lee's cousin's husband died on Thursday, she said he only had a short time but not expecting it to be quite that quick, they are heartbroken.

Comment

Happy dance just had another 3 sales.

Comment

Forget to say Lee's cousin's husband died on Thursday, she said he only had a short time but not expecting it to be quite that quick, they are heartbroken.
              I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure it's particularly difficult at the moment although traumatic at any time. We've had similar news lately of health deteriorating much faster than expected or sudden deaths - fortunately not family or close friends.

Happy dance just had another 3 sales.
              Great news!

Linda

Comment

Evening all,

Dry and mild here.

Caroline, Christmas decos up already, not for me, not till the 16th of December which is my birthday. Its our "family tradition" Simon goes and buys a tree, we put it up and we start decorating it and the living room. We don't decorate any other rooms. We have small artificial tree and decos for the shop window but thats it. Our decos are in the upstairs under stairs cupboard, moved them a couple of years ago from the loft, hard to get at on hands and knees.
                The forum had censored the name of village and although I have given it some thought I can't work it out, or why it was censored
                Well done on the sales, were they on sale items? did they use the code?
                Oh no hate rice pudding - frogspawn But I may well try semi skimmed for hot chocolate.
                Sorry to hear about your loss.

Linda, sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. I find that too, if I go to sleep early I just wake at 4am ish and toss and turn till half an hour before the alarm and then I drop off and sleep through the alarm
                Was it pasta for tea? Did you have a long soak?
                I sometimes have to tell myself "Stop, your spending more time organizing than crafting" but the way they are now it looks like there is no order to them so will do a reorganize tomorrow. I might take a picture of before and after so you can see what I mean.

Dave, sometimes you just got to follow the red Hope you didn't suffer today for it. I gave alcohol up or rather it gave me up about 20 years ago, just can't not even a sip of champers, its like I have drunk 3 bottles, dizzy and queasy.

Today nice Sunday lie in, lazy afternoon till about 4ish when I went and spent the next couple of hours in the kitchen doing a roast - beef and all the trimmings. it was lovely. Have beef left to have with bubble and squeak, then a couple of days at least of beef sandwiches, I chopped the beef quite finely but not mushed, add mayo. Lovely with a bit of Colemans mmm hungry just linking about it

So lots of time over the next few days for some HW and then some serious crafting in the afternoon. We reopen on the Wednesday so need to spend some of it sorting my craft room, probably tomorrow. Simon has brought my sewing machine down so i can make a start on the velcro on the quilts.

Take care all,

Shelley

Last edited by Lilly42; 30-11-2020, 12:56 AM.

Comment

The forum had censored the name of village and although I have given it some thought I can't work it out, or why it was censored
                  It took me a moment to work out why it was censored too, but if you take the first four letters in isolation that will probably explain it. Guess the algorithm will do the same too on the name of the very famous author of A Christmas Carol etc after whom the various things are named. - computers are stupid!

Linda

Comment

Yes Shelley, my alcohol tolerance has gone down a lot since the good old days. We generally just have a couple of glasses of a Saturday night, anymore than that and I drop asleep, I’m hopeless at it now. Its nice once a week, just this week we pushed the boat out a bit farther than usual 😁

Dave.

Comment

Thanks, recently I am trying to make handmade blankets for my 2-year-old son, I saw some good designs on online stores, but I want to make by myself, when I complete my work I will share my handmade blankets pics.

Comment

Working...
                      X