Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 27th

Morning all. Very cold here brrr!

Did a lot of nothing yesterday, apart from knitting the rest was just about acceptable. Groceries arrived everything in stock and no substitutes. Had some postal deliveries for my projects but still waiting a few bits and pieces. Taking a look at a couple of project boxes today where all bits are in there, just never started. Would be good to finish those. Sticks configurated, got a box of 6 but never programmed them. Just have to stick in the embroidery machine and it does the rest itself. Can now be used to transfer designs from Stitch Buddy on the iMac to the Janome.

Linda why are we never 100% happy with what we do, perfectionists when no one else would see any problems. Hope the diaries have settled after the pressing.

How was your day Dave did you get anything done?

No hot chocolate in the end Shelley. I use Twinings hot chocolate it is delish but do use semi skimmed milk. You are sounding o organised I have a couple of spinning things which hold all sorts of things, so handy.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Very chilly here too, but some lovely autumn sunshine lighting up the trees in the garden and fortunately no rain or wind to speak of. No fog, which the TV forecasters were predicting either.

Yesterday - got the chores and the out and about bits done then spent most of the rest of the day configuring the A5 diary insert for 2022 followed by a bit of wool stitching. Pictures of the completed diaries taken but not yet uploaded.

Today - morning clearing up is done, had a thought about the diary insert and want to make a minor change, but also want to get my head around arranging the info in a file so I can print it double sided at pocket size and it still comes out in the correct order. Not sure what else apart from pandering to cats, but I'm sure I'll find something to fill the time - productively or otherwise.

Caroline - I think you are getting well organised with your project boxes and will soon be creating more beautiful things.
    Dave - what's on the cards for today? Family visits, stuff in the garden and/or confetti creation?
    Shelley - hair not important - I just get it cut because I couldn't cope with it long any more (very thick and heavy and hadn't been cut for decades before I found someone who would do a decent job). Yay! car passed MoT - another tick on the list of things to be done. I reckon your crafting area must be an Aladdin's cave of goodies, all with their own place and use and so well organised!

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...
      Bit misty and cold here but no frost.
      Amy didn’t turn up yesterday so that was a nice peaceful day 😁....bet she turns up today instead 🙄😁

Didn’t do much yesterday after walking the dog. Came home, knocked a batch curry up, Indian, now in freezer bags.

The guy in the coracle memory that popped up, someone who lives right opposite his original workshop asked if I could cut it for them. I told them that it was a commission, the photo copyright and control of them was in the hands of two people so without their permission, I couldn’t. To cut a long’un short, the photographer knew the lady, I messaged him, he said it was ok, I knew the person who commissioned it originally, he also said it was ok so that’s next to be started but I did say that it would be a one off from me as I don’t want to be constantly messaging asking for permission to use or be seen as possibly taking advantage using peoples images for profit. I’d probably end up agreeing a percentage for use etc, don’t want to get into that really.

Digging the garden today if I can unless something else pops up.

Dave.

Comment

Afternoon all,

It was dry, cloudy and cold here today.

Caroline, sometimes a lot of nothing much is just what is needed, mind you today you sound back to the usual busy self
        Semi-skimmed milk or even fully skimmed might be the way to go. I don't drink much milk, what I do consume is in sauces, custard or similar. Simon likes full fat milk so we have Gold top here, might be why the hot chocolate is too rich for me.

Linda, what do you use to do all this configuring? I have a program called Serif and in there you can choose Booklet and choose the way the pages are printed on to the page, so you can then cut an A4 in half and then fold the pages together into signatures with it all coming out on the right sides.
        Hope your day went well whatever you decided to do or not to do.

Dave, did your peace get interrupted today? I would have thought cutting it more than a few times would get boring and it would lose exclusivity. Have to have a limited run of 2 Did the garden get dug?

Today my other pencil storage thing turned up so got all my pencils out and put away, now all on view and accessible instead of hidden in cloth rolls.
        More laundry.

Thinking I am going to have to do this furniture move sooner than I thought, realised why I have been putting off starting anything - because my desk is full and I have to move things to do anything. Although all tidy and organised, its too full. So maybe try clearing it out on Sunday and get it down Monday. Only trouble is it in the spare room and its cold in there

Take care all,

Shelley

Last edited by Lilly42; 27-11-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Shelley, yes our peace got interrupted 🙄😁
          I’ve cut some six or seven times, they don’t get boring, it makes no difference to me as long as they pay however I draw the line at the long drawn out ones or ones from my own photographs, they are pretty much one offs. This one is different mainly because I don’t have full control of the photo, I’m the middleman. The reason I asked the guy who commissioned it if he had objections about recutting it was in case he wanted to keep exclusivity but he didn't mind.

Dave.

Comment

Linda, what do you use to do all this configuring? I have a program called Serif and in there you can choose Booklet and choose the way the pages are printed on to the page, so you can then cut an A4 in half and then fold the pages together into signatures with it all coming out on the right sides.
            Hope your day went well whatever you decided to do or not to do.
            I do my stuff in Word Shelley - mainly because I've had 30 years of using it in the workplace for all sorts of documents and formatting and I'm more familiar with it than anything else. Unfortunately, the recent purchase laptop with Windows 10 doesn't like my version of Word and has disabled some features which is very annoying.
            I can easily print booklets etc but what I am currently working on is a page size that is non-standard so have to make sure I've got margins correct to line things up for the second print an I have to guide the paper through with my fingers because the feed wheel is worn. The main sticking point is making sure I've got the right data in the right order on the electronic document - just putting the pages in calendar order doesn't work as by the time it's gone through the printer twice, been cut and then divided into groups of four sheets and folded the order is all over the place. All complicated by the fact that each week stretches across two sides of paper so the full week is in view when pages are opened. It's the sort of job I love doing and it won't defeat me!
            I admit I did give up on it today as I wasn't making progress, but then I went and started setting up one of those freebie web sites to list my preserves for sale on so I can point potential customers in that direction.

Linda

Comment

Dave, I suppose you have a point there, as long as it pays Exclusivity isn't everything. Shame your peace got interrupted, but I guess it was nice to see them.

Linda wow, Word - I admire you - I dislike it with a vengeance, although I did find I got on it with it better once I worked out to input all the words and Then format it but Excel I use all day and like it alot. I have used it for the last 30 odd years too for the business accounts and also all the forms for the shop. I use Serif for all the shop signs, labels and other DTP things.
              What free website did you choose?

Shelley

Comment

I used word in the early days, then went on to MS Publisher 2010 that I could do lots with but then bought Serif Drawplus X6 then X8. I use them for everything now pretty much because they are as good as Adobe Illustrator. Unless I need something vectorising then I convert it in Inkscape. MS Publisher is a great tool.

Dave.

Comment

I have Drawplus but find I use PagePlus x7 much more, have Photoshop if needed and Inkscape is good for SVGs. I am also learning the new software that comes with the scan n cut - Canvas work space. I suppose its what you are used to and what you started with.

Shelley

Comment

Good grief! It just shows what different routes we all take to get to the point we're at now I started off as a shorthand/copy typist and worked my way up through the various secretarial, PA and admin roles hence familiarity with the use of Word processors. I have only a very basic knowledge of the use of Excel and Powerpoint. I did once do a night school course on MS Publisher but just couldn't get the hang of it and found I could do everything that was thrown at us in class in Word despite the tutor saying it wasn't possible, but that was way back in the 1990s

I'm trying out Weebly, Shelley, simply because that was the only one I knew about and when I tried to search for any others I couldn't make a decision if they were likely to suit me or not.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                    X