Thursday 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 12th

Morning all! Daylight gradually creeping in, along with a very noticeable breeze, may get some hints of sunshine during the day. Obviously had some heavy rain overnight but nothing in the forecast for the next few hours.

Yesterday, cats Broadlined, next stage of the diary inserts done - ie stitched and first layer of glue applied, more time spent trying to investigate and sort out the mess that is family tree, several attempts at doing some wool work but Bert insisted on using my lap as a bed (after he'd finally forgiven me for sitting on him to apply the Broadline!) so stitching put to one side. Early night as the vague snuffles seem to be taking hold Friend brought round 3kg green tomatoes (and 1kg red fruits). Not able to get any news of MiL - no answer from her phone, neighbour's phone or the hospital. Can only assume she's OK as hospital have our numbers as next of kin. Will try again today.

Today, serious lack of energy despite a very early night and reasonable night's sleep. Might go and do the next stage of the diary inserts, looking for recipes to use the tomatoes (thinking tomato & chilli sauce) as little room in the freezer and have almost 1kg of chillies a neighbour gifted last week. More phone calls re MiL but nothing else definite to do.

Caroline - I don't know where you get all your energy - I'm often exhausted just reading about what you have achieved!
    Dave - glad your joints and muscles recover reasonably quickly from excess exercise! How was the birthday?
    Shelley - glad that the wound isn't a new one but not good it's the old one still not healed properly. However, as you say, maybe now your circulation has improved with the new medication regime, things like that will heal up more quickly and more completely.

HAGO
    Linda

Morning all. Funny all the different pet treatments we use Advocate as right for the area we live in. Shiloh is good about that sort of treatment.

Good luck with the diaries Linda.

Dave Birthday boy are you being waited hand, foot and finger?

Shelley hope you are feeling better. Re Instagram from a desktop, not sure if works in windows but:

Open instagram in your browser, Click on Develop on the top bar, select user agent then select a phone ours is preformmated for iphones etc. You will then see Instagram alter and then proceed as normal. Just remember to turn back to desktop when you have finished. So much easier as my photos go automatically from the phone camera to the desktop. Good Luck

Today wrapped friend's gifts and waiting for the em ails to start from my crafting buddy. Must she if she is on Facetime.

HAGD & BBL x

Comment

Morning all.....
      Yep, another year older, thank you ladies and yes, I am being waited on, nice cuppa on the go atm...😁.

I was aching like a demon yesterday, feet up, much better today.

We generally go to Llangollen for the day, I love it there in the winter but this year me, Sue, Amy and little Daniel were going to go to the Severn Valley railway at Bridgnorth, about 15 miles away and jump on a steam train to Bewdley. Obviously that hasn’t been allowed due to CV19....never mind, we’ll do it when all of the restrictions have been lifted.
      We had a surprisingly quiet one yesterday as Amy didn’t come here, that said, she’d been here for the three days before as Sue watched littl'un while I decorated. She’ll be here today for sure so I cracked on with the cut, hopefully a couple of days more and it’s done and designed the baubles for our tree with the grands names in.
      Don’t know what’s in store today, just take it as it comes.

Linda, green tomato chutney, my all time fave from when I was a kid and used to hide in the pantry with a spoon 😂😂
      Caroline....working away like a well oiled machine 😁
      Shelley, hope you are feeling better.

Dave.

Comment

Linda, green tomato chutney, my all time fave from when I was a kid and used to hide in the pantry with a spoon 😂😂
        Already got at least two, if not three, batches of chutney in the store room - shame we don't live nearer to each other, I could keep you supplied for a long time It doesn't sell that well (surprisingly) in this area, so I'm looking for something different.
        Green tomato marmalade/jam is viewed with suspicion in these parts, as is Governors sauce (green tomato ketchup) and green tomato relish. Add to that I'm running out of jars (can't afford to buy any more until I've sold some stuff), very little room on the shelves now and sauce bottles have a smaller footprint than jars (yes, it's that desperate )
        Things with chilli in seem to sell quite well in certain areas, if only I can get out there selling again!

Linda

Comment

If I lived nearer you Linda, I’d be fatter and bookbinding and you’d be richer and papercutting 😂😂

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
            If I lived nearer you Linda, I’d be fatter and bookbinding and you’d be richer and papercutting 😂😂
            Many a true word .....................
            ROFLMAO!

Linda

Comment

Working...
            X