Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 24th

Morning all

Did a lot of nothing yesterday, managed to take some pic's of the new decorations, posted to Folksy this morning. Cleared some leaves on the back and side path. Had an order, walked to the post box, treadmill then slumped in the chair knitting, catching up on some downloaded programmes.

Today must try to be enthusiastic and enter the sewing room, washing and more of the above.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Very dull, very breezy, very cool but dry at the moment.

Yesterday - like Caroline was a day of nothing much. Did manage a bit of stitching in the morning, but otherwise it was hw, time on the desktop, which means I can't be multitasking, then in the pm collecting and learning basics of this macbook I've been loaned, then home and trying to remember what I've been told about it.

Today, I'm not sure yet - the vacuum cleaner needs some exercise upstairs, I'm trying to figure out a way to do documents as I can't get at my Word templates on the dead laptop and I'm not sure where OH keeps the external hard disk which has my most recent back up on it to try and load them on to the desktop. Think I might be "reinventing the wheel" in some instances. Waiting for our local IT fix it chap to call us back to see if he has time to look at the laptops (OH's is heading the same way he thinks) and suggest a suitable remedy. I might just end up stitching and perhaps reading for a couple of hours.

Caroline - I don't think yesterday was a lot of nothing - maybe parts of it, but it sounds like you got quite a lot done in the end.
    Dave - caught up with things now? How deep is the pile of confetti in the cutting room?
    Shelley - having great fun with your new toy - and making a great job of it too!

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...
      Dull here but dry.
      Sue is at Sams shop this morning. I’ve got to take a few pieces to an outlet.
      Bought a diamond stone file yesterday, renews the cutting edge on blades a treat.
      Got to do a bit of housework after walking the dog.
      Nothing more to do really, might look for another cut to start, something local.
      Linda, “Dropbox” Is great for storing files, lots of people use it, just need your e-mail address and Dropbox password, can access it from any where, any terminal, secure too. I have 100’s of templates in mine, still not full.
      You could also e-mail yourself templates etc as attachments, pin them to the top of your inbox them you only have to open your e-mail account to download them.
      Saves pooters going belly up and keeping your info or losing portable hard drives..😁

Dave.

Comment

Forget everything about windows Linda and think simpler with the Mac.

Comment

Picture frame arrived for Poldark, mount cut a bit bigger framed and on the wall. Will take a pic insitu when a big brighter.

The wind is whipping roudn the house, trees almost bent in 2, did not see this on the forecast and cold.

Comment

Afternoon all,

Wet and windy here, wind quite strong.

Caroline, I suppose for you it was not much of anything day but you did manage to accomplish several things. And you framed Poldark
            Did you get in to the sewing room and do some laundry?

Linda, getting to grips with the Mac? Not difficult from what I understand, Simon has always been a Windows guy, says he can do more things, Mac make you do things in a particular way so not so flexible, but if you are just a standard user probably not a problem. It is just Simon who likes to push his technology the edge and make it do things its not suppose to, then wonders why its broken Been like it from the moment computers entered our lives in 1976 with an Acorn Atom.
            Hope your IT chap can sort it for you, it nice to have what you are familiar with.

Dave, a morning to yourself Did you get the HW done and decide on a new cut? Brilliant idea, sharpen them, how many times do you think you could get away with sharpening them?

Today feeling tired, could be the two late nights up playing with new toys I have found lots of sites that offer free svg files and the menu/recipe for making them. Its a whole new world of terminology. Downloaded one to make a tealight holder just as an experiment.

So just pottering around taking things as they come. Doing some work on the VAT as well.

Sorted the fly situation, I turn off the UV fly killer They were attracted to the light and I think they were coming in through the gas water heater flue and landed on the UV light but the zappy thing wasn't zapping them. Simon thinks it may have stopped working. So it was doing its job attracting them but not in zapping them. This morning came down to find only one or three flying and lots of dead flies on the window ledge and in the webs of the few spiders I allow to share the kitchen for their bug catching abilities

Take care everyone and have a good evening.

Shelley

Comment

Linda, “Dropbox” Is great for storing files, lots of people use it, just need your e-mail address and Dropbox password, can access it from any where, any terminal, secure too. I have 100’s of templates in mine, still not full.
              You could also e-mail yourself templates etc as attachments, pin them to the top of your inbox them you only have to open your e-mail account to download them.
              Saves pooters going belly up and keeping your info or losing portable hard drives..
              Thanks Dave - sorted now Found the external hard drive, connected to desktop and required files copied over. Fortunately it's only a month since I did a full back up of my laptop and there's only a couple of Word doc done since - and I have paper copies of those so easy to knock up a copy on the desktop. Any pictures not on the external drive will still be on the digital camera and/or facebook so easy to reinstate those too.

Also found how to get round some of the macbook/windows discrepancies such as mouse going the "wrong" way.

Had a call from the fixit chap and he can have a look early next week, so I'll be taking my machine to him on Monday, then OH's - which is still working albeit not 100% - (identical model to mine) will go in once the necessary parts etc are identified and on order.

Linda

Comment

I am glad you didn't have to deal with Dropbox Linda, I had it on my PC for about a week before I uninstalled it. It kept trying to do things and slowing down my PC.
                No thank you.

Comment

Linda your word docs will convert to pages automatically on the Mac, just click and it will convert for you. You can also save all you pages back to word.

Have used Macs since they came over in ‘85. My friends DH moved over years ago when he took up photography as could do so much more. My cousin who was in a band used the music side as could manipulate files so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
                    I am glad you didn't have to deal with Dropbox Linda, I had it on my PC for about a week before I uninstalled it. It kept trying to do things and slowing down my PC.
                    No thank you.
                    That’s a strange one Shelley...I’ve never noticed anything untoward with mine and I’ve used it from day one. Odd how it slowed things up as its a cloud based storage. I’d have a Mac instead but they are so expensive for the use I’d get out of one and some of my graphic programs aren’t Mac compatible either.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                    X