Sunday 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 11th

Morning all, dry here and maybe a bit of the yellow stuff later.

I did start a thread yesterday did a long spiel of rubbish and then found out gone this am. I do apologise but have caught up on your news.

Yesterday helped Lee move the furniture for the next stage of decorating, making a small start on the final Poldark block. Still a lot of counting and double counting then still find I have miscounted!!!!! Still does not notice on this part so much as it would have done the face.

Not a lot more done of anything, watching paint dry today, literally listening to Tony Blackburn whilst stitching.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! At long last a dry start to the day and no rain forecast until tomorrow. Autumnal chill and breeze evident, so just need full daylight now.

Yesterday was mainly ft, books and embroidery. Ft - quite a few dates and places of birth and death added; books - progressed the book block for which I have all the other materials sorted, then made a decision to use most of the oddments of calligraphy paper for book blocks so folding and punching done and they are being pressed ready for stitching; made good progress on the blackwork.

Today - already had a good go at the black mould in the bathroom - OH had a lengthy bath yesterday and despite leaving the window open the mould loves the steam and grows overnight; the joys of living in a 19c house! Otherwise it's more of the same and making the most of the slightly better weather before it gets cold and wet again, the GP tonight.

Caroline - did wonder where you were yesterday, but as we both seem to have problems with posts disappearing from time to time I assumed it had happened again. Very frustrating! You've made really good progress with Poldark and I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of the finished piece.
    Dave - I don't mind the odd interruption when I'm trying to get on with something, but when it's every five minutes it can get annoying! I hope you found a good route for a walk yesterday, and with a bit of luck you'll have a lovely day of weather for a long adventure with Flo and Sue today. Very impressed with Starry Night - what's next on the cutting board?
    Shelley - sounds like you're nearly back to normal with the mojo and feeling much better despite all the recent health and medication disruption. Hope you made good progress with the card.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Evening all...Been glorious here today, wind has got that winter nip though.
      The sea was out this morning but every other walk to the beach, it has been in, I think it’s a storm swell from farther out causing it.

I’ve got choices galore for Starry night. I can leave it, infill it and I know a lady that has a studio for painting classes built on the side of her house who could paint a background then lay the cut over it etc...
      Just had a chap who has a framing business locally at home message me asking if I’ve got any prints of it and am I selling them?....God knows, never had prints of any of mine done up to yet 😂

Next on the cutting board?...might be a Vincent self portrait, quite fancy that, then on to something else, doesn’t do to sit in the same groove for too long...

Caroline sounds you’re having a feet up day..

Shelley back to cardmaking, that’ll make you feel better 😁

Have a good’un all

Dave.

Comment

Evening all,

Another dry and clear day here.

Caroline, I am glad you are ok and it was just misbehaving tech. I saw the little clutch, very pretty especially the dragonflies. Hope you had a good day stitching.

Linda, hope you got the better of the mould, must admit not a huge problem here anymore. It got quite bad a few years ago, so I dug out all the old sealant round the bath and use a silicon mould resistant one and years later it is still white and sealing. Hope you enjoyed the GP.

Dave, glad you had a good walk. Why would someone want a print of a cut? Doesn't that miss the point? But I suppose if its a money generator than I suppose why not?
        I do think it needs a bit of colour, not too much, just judiciously placed.

Mo, Pete hope you are ok, do miss you.

Today had a lovely lie in, first in weeks becuase I wanted to not becuase I was ill and needed the rest. Got up and pottered around doing morning things a bit late.
        I also came to the conclusion the pain in my left side is another chest infection, its just one of those things that happens with COPD, I put all the clues together and started on the ABs. At least I now know that I can take them with my new cocktail of meds, which stopped me before which is one reason I ended up in hospital - not nipping it in the bud.

I have been working on the card, its coming along well. I am liking the colours, it is looking good.

Take care all,

Shelley

Comment

Working...
        X