Sunday 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 27th

Morning all, very cold still took me ages to get warm after the walk up to the chemist plus Shiloh misbehaved as he did not want to leave the warm house. Also very busy on the roads think everyone must have been going to stockpile from the supermarkets. Only ever see about a couple of cars this time about 50.

How did you get on yesterday Linda, apart from being a cushion for the cats? Is your heating now working? You need Dave the Gas.

Dave more cutting and dog walking.

Mo how is the event going, is today the last day? Hope it has been worthwhile for you both and not too cold.

Shelley how are you getting on?

Finished the other bookmarks yesterday then spent most of the time on Poldark, the right side of his jacket is coming along well. Fiddly colours today then the black, fingers crossed should have finished this block by end of the month. That leaves 2 more todo the 1st being his face.

Not much else planned but to stay warm.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Still very breezy, but a degree or two less cold and dry.

Yesterday - heating engineer turned up 30 mins earlier than expected; sorted heating for now (pump had jammed so I'm assuming it's quite likely to happen again), and dealt with a couple of radiator problems while he was here. We have asked him again for a quote for a new boiler - if he doesn't do it this time someone else will get the job. Got the house warmed up and both of us (not at the same time) took the opportunity for a soak in a hot bath. Didn't do much else apart from cleaning and tidying and quite a bit of knitting.

Today - not had the best night's sleep; need to pop to Barton and get some milk provided the car tyre is still OK, bread to be made and I will try and get some more of the new cross stitch project done. Aged aunt's birthday today so need to telephone and wish her a good day. No other plans than see what happens as the day goes on.

Caroline - believe me, if Dave lived closer I'd have been shouting for advice and help where possible a long time ago! Don't envy you working with black thread on that project - hope you've got a very good light source for when you are stitching.
    Dave - how did the sapling chopping go?
    Mo (and Pete) - how is it all going? Is it likely all the work and travel for the event will have been worthwhile?
    Shelley - not heard from you for a couple of days; hope everything is OK.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all....Bright and sunny here.
      Yesterday, did a bit of cutting.
      Bit the bullet, went into the woods at the back armed with long handled pruner, lopper type things and spent about 3 hours chopping out 20 ft tall saplings. All I’ve got left to do now is go up again and take out some of the height of the ones that I’ve left. While I was up there I chopped out a Buddleia bush that had overgrown over the shed. Next it was inside, digging the thorns out of my fingers due to the brambles and the odd bit of blackthorn still lurking around.
      The land actually belongs to Network Rail as there is a train track at the very top but as the power station and the foundry are no longer there it is unused. Unless the trees are cutting out your light or hanging over your property they won’t do anything so we tend to manage the lower stuff ourselves....bearing in mind about five years ago a tree snapped through the trunk and landed in next doors garden, just 5 ft from their kitchen extension.

Had a productive day but then early this morning I woke up having another “night terror” episode which makes a nightmare look like a fairy tale, had a great day.
      Onwards and upwards.

Dave.
      Last edited by 3dDave; 27-09-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Afternoon all,

I have had a fairly eventful few days. My bad back got worse to the point where I couldn't even walk. I was actually crying out loud with the pain. On Saturday I had had enough, rang 111, who decided from my other symptoms that I needed an ambulance.
        Arrived at hospital without too much shouting, they gave me entonox. After many tests they ruled out infection, aortic aneurysm, kidney troubles but did discover my AF was back. So it didn't even last a couple of days. A few more tests to confirm and put back on the medication they had stopped.
        They also gave me a strong pain killer, that worked 😺. Sent me home the same evening.
        So pain killers, gentle movement and hot water bottles.

I have lost track of what you are all up to, but I am guessing Caroline is still busy, Linda glad the boiler is sorted, Dave back home for a bit? Mo and Pete hope it went well for you and the drive back is ok.

Hopefully back tomorrow, take care all.

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
          Afternoon all,

I have had a fairly eventful few days. My bad back got worse to the point where I couldn't even walk. I was actually crying out loud with the pain. On Saturday I had had enough, rang 111, who decided from my other symptoms that I needed an ambulance.
          Arrived at hospital without too much shouting, they gave me entonox. After many tests they ruled out infection, aortic aneurysm, kidney troubles but did discover my AF was back. So it didn't even last a couple of days. A few more tests to confirm and put back on the medication they had stopped.
          They also gave me a strong pain killer, that worked 😺. Sent me home the same evening.
          So pain killers, gentle movement and hot water bottles.

I have lost track of what you are all up to, but I am guessing Caroline is still busy, Linda glad the boiler is sorted, Dave back home for a bit? Mo and Pete hope it went well for you and the drive back is ok.

Hopefully back tomorrow, take care all
          Shelley
          So sorry to hear about the deterioration and failure of the procedure Shelley. It must be incredibly disappointing after all the delays you've had. If it's any encouragement my brother had what I think was probably the same procedure some years ago - after decades of being mucked about by the NHS and umpty nine variations of medication, seeing a different locum consultant every appointment. He finally went privately and saw one of the best cardiac consultants (happened to be based in Hull) who did the procedure in his NHS clinic. Sadly the improvement lasted only a few months, but the joy is that it could be repeated and it was. He's been improving ever since with no relapse.

At least you've had the various tests and can be happy that the problem was discovered quickly and medication reinstated to help you cope.

I'm sure you're exhausted physically and mentally as well as disappointed. Take your time getting over it all and hopefully in a few days you'll be able to lead some sort of normal life.

Linda
          xx

Comment

Shelley I am so sorry you have been through all this for nothing at least there are meds available. My sister has the same thing but now has it under control with medication must admit though she did go private and can ring the consultant at any time if has a problem. Hugs x

Comment

Sorry about your nightmares Dave you must have something on your mind which is doing this, take it easy

Comment

Try BG for a new boiler Linda, they changed ours a few years back and cheaper than a lot of other companies. We also have homecare 400 from them includes services and call outs to heating, plumbing and electricity. When we had the leak in the kitchen ceiling the insurance chap was useless but BG found the problem contacted plumbing and got them to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                X