Wednesday 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 9th

Morning all, overcast here atm. yesterday was odd as got very warm but no sun. Felt almost like Florida first thing in the morning.

For me today x stitching, coming along really well was at it for too long yesterday as my back took ages to straighten up. Must move around more today. Knitting that is more comfortable. Lee has finished the radiator and now started on the windowsill. Even found him sanding the towel rad in the kitchen, that is now white again as undercoat on. He plans to finish all those items today, cannot keep a good man down. I can sit and stitch giving my supervisory orders. Shiloh had to be shut out the living room whilst the painting was going on, all he did was whinge behind the door, even Tony Blackburn could not drown him out.

Everything ready for my sewing room exploits tomorrow, hope to start the gift set etc. Love this fabric with the dragonflies, the flowers are fox gloves so pretty. Almost too good to cut into but had to be brave, lol.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Dull at the moment, supposed to brighten up in an hour or two, dry, warm and muggy but breeze getting up so not feeling as warm as yesterday.

Yesterday, shopping done, bread made, a couple of windows cleaned and the rest of the day divided between family tree, knitting and a good portion of time on the cross stitch. Did finish off an A6 notebook with a stitched spine, but it's definitely a "second" as there's a bit of damage to the covering and a couple of inaccuracies with placement of parts spoiling it. Quite pleased with the stitching - got a lot done, but it doesn't really show as it's placement for items/motifs in a new area of the fabric.

Today, still enthusiastic about the cross stitching so hoping to get back to that when the necessary household tasks are done. No specific plans otherwise - there will always be something crop up to interrupt any self-indulgence period, so I'll just see what happens.

Caroline - I could do with Lee here for a few years to get the house and garden in order - do you rent him out? LOL!
    Mo - day off today? No doubt there is a lot of pyro lined up for you to work on. Hope you're bearing up well and no more aggressive customers in the shop yesterday.
    Dave - all donations to charity accepted? Did you get the gardening finished? Decision made on what goes on the cutting desk next?
    Shelley - a lovely newsy post from you yesterday Glad things are getting back to near normal for you, healthwise and you're coping OK with the shop business. Looking forward to seeing the picture of your latest card.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...bit dreary here.

Yesterday was spent cutting mounts and repurposing frames. I have some that have either not sold at all or the frames have got scratched when I bag them up for the craft fair so what I do it take the artwork out, put it in cello bags then respray the frames with plasti-cote paint which brings them back, good as new, especially just now as shops are short of decent frames. Then anything that is recent and needs a decent frame, I’ve got one to go plus I can alter the frame colour. The frames I use, you can get a hairdryer and strip the covering off so if any get dented or dinked you can fill and spray again.

No, not got anything to cut in Wales yet, it will be “something”...just don’t know what 😂😂.
      Got the lady, customer, client ( I hate that word) coming after 11am to pick up the Mucha. I’m always a bit nervous in case reality and their expectation are poles apart. Not happened yet.....too self critical 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Talking of radiators Caroline, I need to buy a radiator cover, these days the standard for fitting plug sockets, aerial sockets etc is to site them a couple of feet up the wall, not at skirting level.....and it looks absolutely hideous! Sue has swapped the conservatory furniture around, what was out of sight now is in full view, rad cover to the rescue!

We went to the “Sams shop” and dropped off about nine bags of clothes, Ben, Kate, and Amy have had a clear out so we took that lot in, Tuesdays are drop offs only.

Shelley, good to see you back 😁

Dave.
      Last edited by 3dDave; 09-09-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Good morning all.

Overcast at the moment but I will be in the conservatory pyroing away shortly and the temperature will be pleasant enough.

On my own in the shop yesterday which is hard work but was able to do a happy dance as sold the diamond and platinum ring for £300. Customer said this had turned out to be a very expensive trip out for a sandwich LOL he will have a happy wife though. Looking forward to telling the dealer that kept offering me silly money for it, that it's sold as he was convinced that if he kept badgering me he would get it in the end. I knew something of that value wouldn't sell quickly so happy to just wait till the right customer came along.

One of our managers had an unusual donation the other day ................... a live hedgehog curled up in a bag LOL I've only ever had spiders and mice ! She had signed the customer up for gift aid so had their address and took it back to them that evening. They were delighted. The hedgehog lived in their garden and disappeared at the weekend. They hadn't connected the fact they were having a clear out now the kids were back at school and the disappearance of the hog, and had piled all the bags in the garage to load on Monday. Cheeky chappy must have wandered into the garage and curled up in the bag. Happy ending.

Glad you are feeling so much better Shelley and back crafting again too.

Good news on the freezer front. Ah men and their toys, even if it is a freezer light !!

See Caroline is on a mission for Christmas LOL

Sure you can think of something else to cut Dave.

Right time to get to work. You're dead right Linda the next one isn't going on line unless the events get cancelled now with the new lockdown rules of having gatherings of max 6 !!!! What a fiasco.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

On my own in the shop yesterday which is hard work but was able to do a happy dance as sold the diamond and platinum ring for £300. Customer said this had turned out to be a very expensive trip out for a sandwich LOL he will have a happy wife though. Looking forward to telling the dealer that kept offering me silly money for it, that it's sold as he was convinced that if he kept badgering me he would get it in the end. I knew something of that value wouldn't sell quickly so happy to just wait till the right customer came along.
          Fabulous news! That should go a good way towards meeting your sales target!

One of our managers had an unusual donation the other day ................... a live hedgehog curled up in a bag LOL I've only ever had spiders and mice ! She had signed the customer up for gift aid so had their address and took it back to them that evening. They were delighted. The hedgehog lived in their garden and disappeared at the weekend.
          So glad to hear the hog is safe and well and back at home

You're dead right Linda the next one isn't going on line unless the events get cancelled now with the new lockdown rules of having gatherings of max 6 !!!! What a fiasco.
          There's no indication round here that the scheduled craft fairs are being cancelled (even the indoor events), and quite honestly if sporting events are still allowed I don't see how outdoor non-sport events can be treated any differently. Fingers crossed.
          All down to bloomin' ignorant selfish inconsiderate individuals.

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Its a bit brighter here and mild, weather forecast reckons we are getting 23c -24c towards the weekend.

Caroline,I can just see you sitting with your knitting pointing out bits that have been missed I hope your day sewing goes well. I understand the difficulty in cutting into beautiful fabric, but I am sure it will be worth it.

Linda, yesterday was a productive day for you. Glad the enthusiasm for the xstitch is going strong. Freezer going well? Light bulb still working? Simon is the same, when we first got the electric recliner sofa he was up and down like a kid in sweet shop. Simple things....

Dave, good plan to recycle and save the frames. I dislike the word client, conjures up a sleazy back street We use customer in the shop, I find its fairly neutral. You would hate our living room and most of the rooms in the house, plugs and 4 ways everywhere, I have more than 28 sockets behind my PC and on my desk, Simon has loads more. Simon had a 30 amp feed put into the living room to cope with the demand. Tidy and safe but not aesthetically pleasing. We are not that big on looks, practicality and comfort would best describe our place.
            I am sure you will find something suitable to take to Wales to do.

Mo, well done on the sale, and for standing resolute with the dealer, I have done that, just have patience and you get the right price. Wonderful news about the hedgehog, happy hog went on an excursion, safely home now. I am crossing fingers for you that events don't get closed down. I have to say I blame the teens and 20 somethings, they think its over or that it won't affect them too badly without thought to whom they could infect. I see them around the streets in gangs of 5,6 10 or more, no masks, no social distancing at all. 5 or 6 crammed into a car, music booming. Its not going to end well☹

Yesterday finished the latest card, picture on FB, it has a sort of Aztec feel to it and I tried to use suitable colours. i quite like it, may do another in completely different colours. I also have a die similar but hexagonal, may have a go with that next. They are triple layer dies, you cut a different colour for each layer and a backing colour so lots of variation available.

Last night I got the first full nights proper sleep since I got home, up til then I had to sleep propped up with pillows but now my breathing is normal I was able to lie down and get comfy.

Today main thing is going to the shops later, then tidy the kitchen, unload and reload the dishwasher, put another load of laundry on and give the counter tops a thorough clean.

Later maybe some more card making if not too tired, even if only planning and choosing colours tonight. I need to get back to listing on Folksy. I have done a "deal" with my tech friend and we have sent him a digital recorder for his music and he is going to set up my ICONs website, sort of give me the bare bones and then I can add photos and text, my web site is up but such a mess and old. That will keep me busy☺

I found the emojis 😁😏😲😷👿😻 in the top bar of the reply box, not the one top right but in the format bar, that is if they work when I post. Yes they do work.😎

Right off to the shops,

Take care all and have a good day.

Shelley
            Last edited by Lilly42; 09-09-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

How did the cross stitching go Linda? Mine is coming along getting to a tricky bit with the letters and numerous colours.

Well done on the sale Mo that is an achievement.

Dave I hate the plugs half way up the wall too, looks so messy.

You sound chipper Shelley back to your old self.

Comment

Working...
              X