Saturday 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 5th

Morning all, very dark atm so do not have a clue what the weather is doing.

Cutting out the grey fabric today have decided a gift set and whatever I can get out of what is left. Zips ordered.

Finished the first third of Poldark. Started the next chart and quicker as colours in blocks rather than individual crosses.

Knitting coming along have got into the flow of the pattern now.

Not much else planned.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Bright at the moment, but will be clouding over soon, cool with a light breeze and strong gusts expected - at least it's dry.

Yesterday, morning non-productive as waiting for freezer engineer. Afternoon I decided to do 5 minutes chopping unwanted vegetation - turned into 40 minutes but by the time I'd finished I had cramp and pain in my hand so didn't want to try stitching on the book block I had prepared. I did start to get bits together for another book, but after that just watched athletics and did a little bit of knitting.

Unfortunately, plan B for the freezer doesn't seem to have worked either - the problem is slightly different, but still there. It was left on after the change over of parts and I was up and down all afternoon checking to see what it was doing - it was misbehaving. We have left it on all night to see if it would settle, but it was in fast freeze mode when I came down this morning, (problem is it keeps switching into fast freeze then back, very erratically, and beeping every time it does so). It is now switched off. Engineer says there's nothing else he can do to it without it becoming extremely expensive, so somehow we've got to find some cash, find another freezer that suits us and the local dealer has in stock. Minor bonus is the work done yesterday was only about half the price I was expecting as one of the boards was much less costly than the original quote.

Today, phone engineer and tell him plan B failed; when OH wakes up discussion about funding, sourcing and ordering freezer, after that bury head in sand until the athletics championships programme comes on. Will see if the weather is amenable to raking up the vegetation I chopped down yesterday and/or do a bit on the next book construction.

Caroline - how is Shiloh now, is his ear fully recovered? Still busy on the stitching and congratulations on getting to the next stage of the cross stitch - a boost to the enthusiasm
    Dave - how goes things? Enjoying the peace and quiet and solitude?
    Mo - the new zentangle piece is just as gorgeous as the others and you got a lot done to it. It won't stay on the stand for long at the show, I'm sure.
    Shelley - sounds like you are getting back into routine and lots of household stuff done. Hope you're pacing yourself with it - I'm sure Simon is keeping an eye on how much you're doing. Did you have time and energy to have a play with your WIP?

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Moring all.

Beautiful day at the moment of course as I have to go to the shop !!

Yesterday was spent pyroing got about 20% of a large platter done and it has sold, obviously as long as the customer is happy with the finished product. Returning client so she knows what to expect so should be ok. Supposed to be for the next event but can't turn down a sale especially this year so now I have to finish that one and do another for the show plus the other things I had planned. Mustn't complain.

Delighted to see Shelley is up and running again, well gently walking I hope.

Caroline is on supercharge, are you really up and crafting at 5.42am ? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry the freezer has died hope you can get it sorted soon Linda.

Dave still enjoying Wales to the full.

Catch you later must get to work.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Shiloh is still shaking his head but think that could be a ruse for attention, will see what the vet says Monday.

Yes I was up at 5am Mo and cutting out ordering bits I needed.

Dog walk done will have an early coffee in a bit.

Comment

Morning all....

Back home now. Decided yesterday afternoon that we have a fair few things to do back here that need addressing sooner than later so we jumped in the car and here we are. My car MOT is on the 10th plus the grass needs cutting while its still dry as we are back to Wales after next week all being well. Amy and little man are coming over too.

Linda, we use Euronics stores for our appliances. We have just bought a 50/50 fridge freezer for Wales from the franchise in Aberystwyth, only a compact one to fit between the floor and wall units in place of the original under counter one. They didn’t stock the model we wanted but have ordered it in from the manufacturer, cheaper than the other onliners, free delivery (20 miles each way) and an extra 2 years extended warranty free...worth a google, they are nationwide on the high street.

Might look at getting Mucha framed up today, need to scan it first, I always do so I have a file to use again, already edited, ready to go in case of recuts or mishaps.

Lawn is like a jungle, bay bush which is about 7ft tall and 5ft wide has had a growth spurt, that needs cutting back......

Have a goodun’ all.
          Dave,

Comment

Linda, we use Euronics stores for our appliances. We have just bought a 50/50 fridge freezer for Wales from the franchise in Aberystwyth, only a compact one to fit between the floor and wall units in place of the original under counter one. They didn’t stock the model we wanted but have ordered it in from the manufacturer, cheaper than the other onliners, free delivery (20 miles each way) and an extra 2 years extended warranty free...worth a google, they are nationwide on the high street.
            Thanks Dave - the store I'm going to is a Euronics, local family run store - our last four kitchen appliances have come from there and the customer service is second to none. They do deliver free of charge, and take away (don't have any grumbles with a £10 charge for them taking refrigeration appliances because of disposal costs), but anything else the chaps will happily, without charge, take round to a house in the village that has a scrap metal skip to raise funds for the local schools.
            Having spoken to the engineer this morning (he was recommended by the Euronics store) it appears that stocks of appliances are not easy to get hold of at the moment because of manufacturing cut backs during the pandemic. Not sure if that applies just to Blomberg (our preference) or all manufacturers, so will just have to see what they can do; they may just have something suitable lurking in the corner of the warehouse (fingers crossed).
            Just waiting for OH to finish his cup of tea and get vertical before we set off.

Linda

Comment

They really are a great franchise, very helpful. We are keeping the current fridge freezer as its only 11 months old. We’ll use it here at home for a second fridge, we also have a large chest freezer so don’t need the miniature freezer compartment, hence the swap.
              Same with us. He said that they have a massive warehouse but that now is getting depleted as things are selling faster than they can make them due to the pandemic effect, that is why they tried checking with the manufacturer who had ours in stock. Good luck

Dave.
              Last edited by 3dDave; 05-09-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Success! Lindsey Relay does it again

Went to shop, looked to see what there was - only two upright free standing large freezers and one had a sold sign on it. The other one was Blomberg the same as the one we have (slightly updated version). Took less than 10 minutes to buy it - 5 minutes of which was waiting for the woman in front of us in the queue telling the chap all about her building/decorating work going on! Bought, being delivered this afternoon, take away charge cancelled because the engineer is going to cannibalise it for parts including the two new boards he put in yesterday. Price had gone up £45 in 8½ years, so can't grumble.

Just can't afford to buy stuff to put in it until next payday in a fortnight's time!

Linda

Comment

Working...
                X