Saturday 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 22nd

Morning all, got up early to find a sale of 2 of the new Christmas ornaments. Making more today. Long dog walk via the post box.

Warmer out than it looks, yesterday was dreadful the wind was horrendous and kept it up for the first part of bedtime. No rain just a fierce wind. Lee has had to strap in some of the Wisteria I will sort lout more later.

Made another fatless sponge yesterday, stuffed full of blackberries, will try some with coffee this morning.

Only lost 2ozs last week that has been it for the last 3 weeks, must not get fed up and slip back as feel so much better. I did so well to begin with then plateau.

Not much else to report. Did the freezer man arrive Linda? Fingers crossed he did and all sorted or replaced.

Dave cutting like a mad thing.

Mo hope all okay in the shop.

Shelley hope all is well with you.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Weather bright, blowy, cool and rain expected mid-late morning.

Yesterday - pottered around in the morning doing this and that, freezer engineer arrived late morning - conclusion is it's most likely a sensor and/or circuit board gone kaput (seem to remember me saying it could be a sensor about 5 days ago!), replacement parts being costed. Spent the afternoon on family tree, blackwork and knitting. OH went to sort the bathroom light switch late in the day (forgot on Thursday after I told him it wasn't working!). Needs new parts and it was too late to go and get them.

Today - bed stripped and laundry in the machine, lots of tidying up and sorting out to do. OH supposedly getting new light switch today, upstairs to be vacuumed, cranberry jelly and dandelion jelly to be made. Hope to get back to more on the current book today.

Glad to see you posting Caroline - wondered where you had got to yesterday and hoped all was well. Looks like you've got another winning product with the decorations; well done on the sales.
    Arrived safely Dave? Hope all is well in Wales
    Mo - day off today or is it your Saturday in the shop?
    Shelley - how are things? Hope the leg is responding well to the latest remedial action.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all.

Windy here too but the sun is trying very hard to shine.

Well done on the two sales Caroline. Weight loss is so unpredictable and the plateaus are the hardest bits to overcome. I was supposed to be on a fast day yesterday which was fine till I had a large glass of wine and dessert after my evening meal. Hey ho tomorrow is another day.

Day off yesterday and finished painting the solar systems. Never again. Don't rally like doing commissions especially something I have never done before. Pete has to lacquer them and finish the bases then send a photo off to the client and hope it's what they imagined.

Shop again, I work most Saturdays Linda, but not for much longer yay, not that we are counting the days...................

Hope the parts for the freezer arrive quickly and it gets sorted.

Right work calls, have a good day all.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Morning all.....grey to the left, blue sky to the right 🤷🏻‍♂️
        Got here ok, roads were a bit busy.
        Weight loss is something I’ve given up on Caroline, weight gain is much more achievable 😁

Hope the freezer gets fixed soon Linda, I hate wonky appliances.

I’m with you on the commission front Mo, sometimes customer expectations and reality are two completely different things.

Dave.

Comment

Hello, just a quick one from me.

I am unfortunately in hospital.
          It seems my pain in my side was not muscular, but the start of a slow brewing chest infection. I didn't feel 100% on Tuesday and it just got worse until I couldn't get up on Friday. Ambulance called late afternoon and admitted early evening.
          A raft of tests later and Covid test negative, but chest infection confirmed.
          Broad spectrum ABs to combat chest and leg, so maybe it will all be for the good in the end.

I am on my tablet so typing not best.

I am glad to hear that you lot are all ok, keeping busy, making, repairing and selling things.

I might pop in tomorrow, but I may be going home tomorrow, but probably Monday.

I am feeling better, so looking and feeling positive.

Just had a lovely WhatsApp conversation with my friend in Spain 🙂

I will keep in touch, take care all.

Shelley

Comment

Well, I'm delighted to hear from you, but have to admit I was getting a little concerned that you hadn't posted for a while. Not happy to hear that you are in hospital again with yet another infection

Glad that you are Covid free and it would appear that whatever remedial treatment the hospital has given has had a positive effect. I hope the improvement continues and you take it very easy when you do get home, until you are finally declared fully fit.

Will be thinking of you.
            Linda

Comment

Glad you are in safe hands Shelley and CV free, good job you are bombproof 😁Look after yourself, catch up when you are about again, take care.

Dave.

Comment

Shelley like the others worried about you. At least you are in the right place, stay safe and please get well, hugs xx

Comment

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your caring thoughts.
                  Soon,
                  Shelley

Comment

Just found out that while I have been here I made a sale🙂. The lady who order 3 of my original butterfly cards collected and paid today. Simon just rang to ask where they were.
                    Feeling better everyday🙂
                    Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
                      Just found out that while I have been here I made a sale🙂. The lady who order 3 of my original butterfly cards collected and paid today. Simon just rang to ask where they were.
                      Feeling better everyday🙂
                      Shelley
                      Yay!!!!! Great news

Linda

Comment

Happy sale dance x

Comment

Well done, a sale or two makes the world a happier place 😁

Dave.

Comment

All behind as usual but sorry to hear you are in hospital Shelley but as you say there maybe a silver lining in that the AB's will cure the leg problem too. Thank goodness you are virus free too. Congrats on the sale, happy dance. Do what you are told and make a speedy recovery.

Mo. XX
                            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                            www.bodrighy.co.uk
                            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
                            X