Wednesday 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 30th

Morning all, a busy morning as Waitrose delivery plus the gas man commeth for the annual service. My rods and hangers arrived can now finish the quilts, will post pic's on CC when done.

Been for a long dog walk, breakfast and the weekly weigh in now lost a total of 12lb and so happy. Hope by this time next week to have reached the stone mark. Feel so much more energetic and fitter. Breathing is also better although think the next few days will be a struggle.

Not much else atm, HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Was dull but dry with little breeze when I got up, but rain has arrived from the north east and now likely to last until lunchtime. Doesn't seem like July at all.

Yesterday - took all morning to do the strawberry jam, but only the labelling and storing to do now. Afternoon - a couple of hours spent finishing off 5 of the 6 book WIPs; progressed the sixth (the one that has a tear in the cover paper) and think my idea to cover the damage is OK. Noticed I'm gettiing shooting pains in my wrist and hand with certain movements (RSI fall out) and shoulder is still aching so eased up on the knitting and other fine/fiddly work.

Today - will pop into Barton for top up groceries, final step to do on the last book providing glue has dried properly and I'm still happy with the modification; will have a look at the calendar with 1920s ladies and see how many I can utilise for books. Other than that I'll look at family tree stuff and try to avoid over-using my hand.

Caroline - glad your parcels arrived, and the weight loss continues. Hope the grocery delivery and gas servicing go smoothly.
    Dave - settled into Welsh life? Hope you get a good few more days there before you need to return to the hubbub of English life
    Mo - busy day off? I hope you achieved many of the things on your list and the sewing machine and overlocker had lots of exercise.
    Mandy - glad to hear you're not in the middle of the virus outbreak - keep safe. Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer before work let you know the situation and fix a date when you can return. (PS if you're missing doing housework I've got plenty here roflmao!)
    Shelley - busy day yesterday? I hope it was worthwhile business for the shop. Saw the picture of the latest card and have added to my long list of "I like that" items from CF people

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...., just got back from the beach with Flo for her โ€œconstitutionalโ€, just one chap out seafishing. Weather is absolutely glorious and very warm today.
      Going over to Aberaeron later for a walk along what was a steam railway track to Llanchaeron and back, a popular trail with walkers, runners, cyclists etc.
      Sue wants to stop off in Aberaeron and visit a few clothes shops ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜...Iโ€™ll grab a bench by the harbour and wait there instead.

Did a bit of cutting to pass the time as yesterday afternoon was a bit rainy, that fine stuff that soaks you through ๐Ÿ˜..

Donโ€™t know what else is on the cards yet.

Have a goodโ€™un, BBL.
      Dave.

Comment

Checked the wire hangers this morning and 2 are not soldered together at the top, grrrr. Emailed and now waiting. Ordered 2 more from somewhere else dearer but should get by Saturday.

Gas man very happy with the boiler, he wished they were all as easy as ours. In a cupboard in the utility room but easy access, as was the meter and tanks etc, emissions excellent.

Waitrose has been did not have the Benecol but have a spare so happy.

All quilts stitched apart from the 2 (a/a). Made up 2 sets of 4 cards. Now to do some photos, this is the part I hate as takes so long.

Ringing the local PO to see if click & drop does not involve queuing atm, this means I can then send larger items.

Well done of the jam Linda and hope you get on okay with the books.

Dave enjoy your break.

Comment

Caroline you really confused me, though it don't take much, it's Thursday today... i did have to check a few things and its me bin day, so knew i wasn't going mad ๐Ÿ˜ Well done on your weightloss, thats fantastic!

I did a card today and not much else apart from hung out the washing. I want to cancel Friday as its going to be really hot, I hate hot weather!
          I was looking back at the posts on the card forum and came across a 13th Wedding Anniversary card i posted (for mine) and clocked the date, the month after i found out he was cheating!
          I coloured and cut me hair yesterday and for the first time i haven't stuffed it up! ๐Ÿ˜

Linda do you sell your jam or is it just for you/family?

I'm not jealous of Dave posting about his lovely walk on the beach... though i do think he should be banned from posting stuff like that ๐Ÿ˜…

Enjoy you day all x

Mandy x

Comment

Caroline - very annoying when you've waited a while for something then it's not fit for purpose. Hope it gets sorted quickly.

Dave - hope you enjoyed the later walk, and Sue found something suitable in the shops

Mandy - I do sell the preserves - mainly chutneys - when local events and fairs are on. It's just a hobby and I do it to use surplus harvest from gardening friends and neighbours and foraged fruits and flowers, but I have all the legally required certificates and registrations.

Linda

Comment

Yeah, sorry โ€˜bout that Mandy, I am fortunate to live in the sticks in a beautiful place back home and have a lovely spot here by the coast...Iโ€™ll tone it down a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚

Linda, we did a four mile walk following the river and back then me and Flo just sat in the sun on a bench by the harbour and let Sue go and do her thing until she appeared again, looking refreshed and jubilant in a retail therapy kinda way ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜†

Dave.

Comment

Dave you are soo lucky, I would love to live either in the sticks or by the sea/beach, preferably with no neighbours... i'm not really a people person ๐Ÿ˜„

Linda i didn't know you had to have certificates for chutneys/jam's... is that because they're lethal or alcoholic ๐Ÿ˜‚ If it's the latter, i'll have a crate full.
                Mandy x

Comment

Lol, I know what you mean Mandy, I tend to pick my โ€œpeopleโ€ very carefully ๐Ÿ˜

Dave.

Comment

Linda i didn't know you had to have certificates for chutneys/jam's... is that because they're lethal or alcoholic ๐Ÿ˜‚ If it's the latter, i'll have a crate full.
                    If you're making and selling food the maufacturing premises (in this case my home kitchen) have to be registered with the local Council Envirnmental Health Department and meet national and EU standards of hygiene, food storage, stock recording etc for the type of food you're producing (this is the rating you often see displayed in shops, restaurants, take aways etc). You also need to have a minimum Level 2 food hygiene certificate and product liability insurance, plus there are labelling, stock and ingredients records and risk assessment regulations you have to follow which are governed by the Trading Standards Department.

Bit of a nightmare to get set up initially and get your head round rules and procedures, but once it's sorted it's not too bad for low risk foods, which preserves are. More stringent for anything with oils, meat or dairy products because of health hazards.

Linda

Comment

Yes Linda it does sound a bit of a mare, but if its what you're passionate about and enjoy doing, then why not ๐Ÿ˜Š
                      Mandy x

Comment

Working...
                      X