Sunday 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 5th

Morning All! Bright, dry, coolish and very windy. Possibility of light rain later on.

Yesterday - another day of being busy and having nothing to show for it. Went to do some crafting and ended up spending several hours measuring, marking and cutting paper for book covers. I did, however, have my annual bright idea whilst trying to work out the best way to centre/place patterned paper for the covers and I created a template in clear acetate, marked up with indelible pen, so I only have to square it with the help of a set square and then I can easily mark the cutting lines. I've even remembered to lightly mark on the back of the paper which the front, back and top edge. Did the coptic spines on a couple of small books last night and think I have almost figured out the way to do the last pages without having to double stitch anything. Picture(s) to go on fb group in due course.

I, too, have little patience with computers (mainly because I don't understand them). Hate having to get a new one 'cos the learning curve dips back to almost start point again and nothing I used to do works any more!

Today - going to try and put some book project packs together as far as possible then hopefully have everything together when I get stuck into making again. I'll need to source some more greyboard and end band - might try the local printers for greyboard as I'll need to go back to see if they've managed to get some end paper for me. End band seems difficult to find, but I've seen a number of tutorials on how to do your own; think that might be a bit too advanced for me at the moment as it is done as part of the construction of the book, rather than added/glued on in the making. However, I'm nothing if not ambitious so I might think about a trial run.

Thank you all, George is much better after a couple of days of medication, although still getting me up at stupid o'clock to let him out!

Caroline - Hope you made decisions about the computer - sadly we can't really manage without them these days. Is it bacon sandwich day today? Looking forward to seeing the rest of the notice board pictures.
    Mo - you did well with the household tasks, and congratulations on being featured on the magazine front cover I hope you found something relaxing and enjoyable to do with your day.
    Dave - a bit more done on the cutting? Knee deep in confetti, or only ankle deep so far? Hope the shops opening didn't impact on your life too much.
    Mandy - hope your mojo was up and running and you made progress on some more cards yesterday.
    Shelley - well done on braving the supermarket again. It will get easier the more you manage to visit. I'm sure the car would appreciate a good run after months of inactivity and HC sounds like a good start as you won't be running the engine for the sake of it, but achieving in another area of life

HAGO
    Linda

Morning all.

Wet and windy here this morning. The sun is trying to shine but keeps getting covered over by the clouds. Just want the wind to stop it's not doing our plants any good at all.

Did some ironing yesterday including the new fabric which I washed and is now lovely and soft to work with, might even start on some sewing today. Pete turned me some more pieces to decorate and I pyro'd a centre boss for one of his new wall plaques. The rest of the day was spent brainstorming with a sketch pad for some new designs.

Searching for something watchable on TV last night came across Dr No, never seen it and although 45mins into the film it was good for a laugh if nothing else. Shaun Connery was so tongue in cheek. The car chases seemed like 20's movies with a film running behind Mr Bond as he turned the steering wheel all over the place, even when supposedly driving in a straight line. Having been covered by rushing water in a vent shaft he managed to get to the end of it ( goodness knows where the water went ) to find a large grid covering the opening which he kicked out obviously, and appeared to have just the front of his trousers and the back of his shoulders wet. He should have been soaked from head to toe and dripping when he landed on the floor LOL Usual gratuitous handling of the women and terrible acting, it was amusing though.

Everyone is busy producing again, don't suppose any of you went to the pub yesterday LOL

Have a good Sunday all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Morning all, late to day, got up at 5:30, breakfast of 1 weetabix, dash of milk, natural yoghurt, strawberries & pineapple. Delicious. Long dog walk (my legs ache). Cut out and stitched 2 infinity scarves. Another noticeboard done fabric, perfume bottles. Have a cream fabric with music score on for the next one. Good as using up all odd ribbon and buttons. The left over fabric with perfume bottles will do a gift set this week. Hopefully the fault for the backs will arrive this week.

Just had a lovely fresh cup of coffee And catching up on the forums etc.

I try to sort out projects Linda, have about 10 of those A4 paper boxes, they are ideal. So much easier with everything in one place.

We have all the JB films on dvd, must admit they get better with age. The new ones have far more detail with graphics etc. Watching Destination Wedding with Keanu Reeves today.

Good luck with the burning Mo.

Bbl x

Comment

Morning all....bright and breezy here today.

Well, the pubs opening here yesterday was apparently a success. We are a small village, less than 1000 people and have pubs galore. Extremely busy, photos of revelry and excess....we don’t ever go in pubs, in 25 years of living here I’ve been in two...once. If this lot doesn't cause a spike, nothing will! Glad we live at the quiet end.

Split cutting time between two cuts yesterday, need to finish a test cut today then get more of the birdcage one cut, most of the tricky stuff is done on that, just the outline of Rebecka’s to do. Yes, ankle deep again 😩😆

We are watching “ The crown” for the second time, great series, telly is rubbish lately, trash, soaps or reruns to justify a license fee!

Everyone sounds busy, have a good’un.

Dave.

Comment

Love The Crown Dave should get the next season soon.

I agree about the spike anyone would think they have been deprived this past 100 days. Can still get booze from the supermarkets. Drunk to the point of collapsing and vomiting, delightful as some poor sod has got to clean it up today, not to mention the first responders having to risk their lives for some idiots.

We are in a small village and 1 pub, used more for meals and coffee than drinking. Always well attended but no rowdiness. In fact all the villages only have 1 pub round here.

Comment

We have 12, (3 are restaurants) within about a mile and a half along one road!

Comment

Good grief Dave.

Comment

Afternoon all,

Sunny, warmer but very breezy.

Linda, you are really making progress with this book binding, hope you continue to enjoy it. I was never worried about going to the shops, just trying to be sensible. I also realise that by now they have all the systems in place, screens, one way systems, signage, and more. It feels safer.
                Glad to hear George is improving, mine wouldn't even bother asking me, they like the freedom of the flap to come and go, sometimes though if I am by the door and Meimei wants to go out, she will look hopefully at me and the door and I will oblige

I don't know if you are aware of CoolCatz, they seem to do a lot of bookbinding things, they also have an FB group. In fact in my search for a method to ensure my frames and layers were square and equidistant, I bought from them a set of plastic templates to line up corners for folding and hinge spacers. The corner template sort of works but its really for book binding and although its usable I have gone back to my old method, would you like the them? I don't use them. These are the tools https://www.coolkatzcraft.com/produc...tz-clever-tool They have all sorts of bookbinding supplies https://www.coolkatzcraft.com/

Mo, you are going to be busy, sewing and pyro, enjoy.
                I watched that JB yesterday, lost count how many times, I will watch JB whenever it comes on, ITV4 are showing them all on Saturdays. There is just something about them, entertaining is the one word that sums them up I think, yes they are very politically incorrect but like all things from history - it is of its time.

Caroline, keeping busy as usual, the long walk sounds good. Saw the notice board, love the cats.
                We have had the pubs open here too, being a city there were so many drunks that a policeman was moved to say to the papers -

"POLICE in Southampton dealt with "naked men, happy drunks, angry drunks, fights, and more angry drunks" after the reopening of pubs last night." and "What was crystal clear is that drunk people can’t/won’t socially distance."

And no we didn't got the pub last time I went to a pub was for work years ago, Simon goes more than me but again for work, neither of us drink at all, not even on new years eve to toast. Just can't stand the stuff.

Dave, glad you are at the quiet end, almost nothing worse than drunk people when you are sober. Good to hear you are still making confetti. I am sure you do a fine job of frames and mounts, the ones I have seen look good.
                We used to have more pubs round here but lots have closed and some have mysteriously burned down and blocks of flats spring up. 6 within crawling distance of here, one left and 5 new blocks of flats.

Today laundry done and out on the line, perfect drying weather.
                Well today Simon and I agree there are no more rats Yeah, R number 0. Garden feels like mine again, going to potter round and tidy up tomorrow.
                Still working on the pictures.
                Somehow managed to tweak muscle in my side, I know its muscular becuase when I apply pressure its stops hurting, this is what a doctor told me when I complained before. So hot water bottle and sleep and its much better today.

Sainsburys delivery tonight, must go and do supper now, then more work on pictures and listing to do.

Take care everyone and have a good evening.

Shelley

Last edited by Lilly42; 05-07-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear George is improving, mine wouldn't even bother asking me, they like the freedom of the flap to come and go, sometimes though if I am by the door and Meimei wants to go out, she will look hopefully at me and the door and I will oblige
                  George (and Bert) do not see the point of exerting themselves when staff are there to do the menial tasks. They're perfectly capable of using the cat flap at night and when we're both out, although I think George finds it uncomfortable at times as he has a dislocated rib which probably catches on the rim (vet says it's not causing problems and not painful generally). The cat flap is set quite high, of necessity because of the design of the door, but hey ho!

I don't know if you are aware of CoolCatz, they seem to do a lot of bookbinding things, they also have an FB group. In fact in my search for a method to ensure my frames and layers were square and equidistant, I bought from them a set of plastic templates to line up corners for folding and hinge spacers. The corner template sort of works but its really for book binding and although its usable I have gone back to my old method, would you like the them? I don't use them. These are the tools https://www.coolkatzcraft.com/produc...tz-clever-tool They have all sorts of bookbinding supplies https://www.coolkatzcraft.com/
                  I wasn't aware of them - thank you for bringing the site to my attention. I've had a quick look and unfortunately don't see anything there immediately useful to me (but I will bookmark the site for any possible future purchases).
                  As for the acrylic templates, if you're really sure you don't want them I could find them useful at times and I'll happily relieve you of them. Please let me know what payment you would like I'll have a search for the FB group tomorrow and see if it's likely to be one I'd like to join

Linda

Comment

I really don't want anything for them, just happy to know they will be of use. I will just pop them in an envelope with a bit of bubble wrap, probably just be a first class stamp. If you PM your address on FB I will do it asap.

Not being really knowledgeable in bookbinding, I wasn't sure if it would be useful, but a possible useful site and a good name

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
                      I really don't want anything for them, just happy to know they will be of use. I will just pop them in an envelope with a bit of bubble wrap, probably just be a first class stamp. If you PM your address on FB I will do it asap.

Not being really knowledgeable in bookbinding, I wasn't sure if it would be useful, but a possible useful site and a good name

Shelley
                      Thank you
                      Linda

Comment

Working...
                      X