Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 2nd

Morning all

Sunshine this morning then rain. Got all the plants in and tended to plant where ever the shade was, leave and then go out again.

Telephone appointment with the surgery this pm re our blood test results. Worried that they have called us so maybe not that good, fingers crossed, will let you know how we get on.

Decorating vintage spools this morning, hope to get the ornamental ones done first and if works will then start on the snippet roll ones, the latter will take longer I think as a lot of sewing to do.

Waitrose delivery and everything in stock, yippee! No subs they are doing us proud.

Deliveries gradually coming in but can never understand why some UK sellers take so long. Either very busy or not organised.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Thoroughly miserable here - very dull, extremely wet, cool and breezy. Nothing like July

Yesterday, cleared the old fridge freezer and put contents in boxes in the preserves storeroom. Managed to "walk" the appliance out of the place it's been in for the last 13 years - cleaning underneath and behind took longer than anticipated. Then cleared things out of the way so delivery men had a clear run from back door, but that entailed some more grovelling on hands and knees and use of hot soapy water on floors. Then sat and waited (actually watched recorded TV and reknitted the rows I'd had to pull down) until they arrived just before 4.00pm. By the time I'd got the new fridge cleaned and packed it was tea time, so I didn't get to my desk to do anything on books.

Today, thankfully the gutter and down pipe clearing done the other day are effective and there are no waterfalls outside the bedroom window (still overflows in other places, but they don't wake me). Downstairs found Bert on the dining table so he got a telling off, couldn't find George and assumed he was in the front room until I heard the insistent clacking of the cat flap (aka cat doorbell). Let him in and he was soaking wet - fortunately he loves being wrapped in a towel and dried. He had breakfast went and hid somewhere for half an hour, went out again and was back within two minutes, soaking wet again; another wrap up and drying off session, now cluttering up my lap. No point in doing any housework at the moment - can't get laundry out to dry, kitchen floor being trampled across with muddy feet. Both cats in winter mode and want to cuddle, but I will get to the bookmaking in a while.

Caroline - my opinion is that if there were anything worrying in your blood test results they would have contacted you before now; I'm sure things will be ok (easy for me to say!). Back on the creation roll - hope the new projects go well
    Dave - saw you managed to get some cutting (and some spam clearing) done yesterday, hope you caught up with the other jobs that were delayed.
    Mo (and Pete) - delighted that the gallery visit went well and fingers crossed that their visitors and customers like your works as much as the owners/managers.
    Mandy - most of us have had busy but non-productive days recently, at least you got a card finished. I thought you might have heard from your employers what their plans were as most businesses now have some idea when they can re-open. You'll just have to continue with having time to yourself and for crafting for a bit longer and wait until you hear something.
    Shelley - glad to hear your rat population is vastly reduced already. Yes the freezer was leaving puddles on the floor (spent the last few months with a big cloth rammed up against the front edge to absorb the leakage) and for the last few weeks it has been rattling very loudly. Finally lost patience with it and as Tuesday was pension payday went a bought a new one (we're on bread and water for the next four weeks, but at least it will be quieter round here!). Glad to hear the cardio procedure list is getting up and running again; fingers crossed the ABs defeat the leg wound infection pronto.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...bit gloomy here.

Sue’s first day in the Sam’s shop, hope it goes ok. She looks like the grim reaper in her black face mask 😆.
      Just on the way out with the dog, got the recycling bins out nice and early.
      Cutting when I get back.
      Nothing more to report ATM so I’ll BBL, TTFN 😂

Dave.

Comment

Telephone appt done, not good my cholesterol is 6.9 and Lee’s is 8. Both of us will now be on Statins. Another blood test in Dec. The surgery pharmacist was very good and explained everything both of us she feels It is genetic rather than lifestyle. Both Dad’s died of heart attacks at 67. Hate getting old.

Comment

Just remembered have to have a blood sugar test and thyroid again in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
            Telephone appt done, not good my cholesterol is 6.9 and Lee’s is 8. Both of us will now be on Statins. Another blood test in Dec. The surgery pharmacist was very good and explained everything both of us she feels It is genetic rather than lifestyle. Both Dad’s died of heart attacks at 67. Hate getting old.
            Oh dear, that's not the best news. But at least there's a remedy and they'll keep an eye on things. Have they advised any dietary changes as well? Hope it doesn't mean Lee is going to have to give up all his little treats and the wonderful meals you cook.

Linda

Comment

Lee is already off the cakes and James Martin recipes, now only for special occasions. She felt it was more genetic than lifestyle. Suggested oily fish and avocados which I cannot eat but alright with a handful of walnuts. Normally add these to salads. Have made an effort to increase Lee's fruit and veg intake. I love raw cauliflower and carrots but he likes everything cooked.

Comment

Working...
              X