Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 25th

Morning all

Very hot last night, woke up at midnight and could not breathe luckily my inhalers were handy. Nose blocked and had to hunt for the Olbas oil Lee said I had used so much that even he and Shiloh cleared their sinuses, hmpf!

A lot of not doing much again today, Lee is playing some records from '69, I will be reading in my sewing room or maybe the bedroom with the Dyson Cool on.

I am not good with heat prefer about mid 20's such a moaner. Coffee in the new seat today, Waitrose between 9 and 10 and apart from a sub for the Panko breadcrumbs everything in stock.

Enjoy your day and BBL x

Morning all! Bright and sunny again, a noticeable breeze which currently has a coolish edge (coming in from the North Sea). A cloudless and sunny day with temperatures around late teens, low twenties forecast.

Yesterday - a very productive day, but without any excess activity in the sunshine: five loads of washing of towels, bedding, furniture coverings, even a small floor mat done and dried; bed linen changed, lots of rarely seen dusty areas wiped, tidying done, a couple of short periods of weed chopping down achieved, even managed a few rows of knitting later on.

Today - going to nip out in a few minutes for supermarket essentials and drop some stuff at brother's, need to rake/brush up the drying/dying vegetation from yesterday's chopping, OH says he's going to see his mother today now travel is allowed so I'll see if I can do anything about the downpipe I think is blocked before the rain arrives at the end of the week. Haven't touched the book stuff for a couple of days so would like to get something started to use some more of my lovely cover papers.

Any comments on GBSB? I think a worthy winner taking into account her consistent quality and precision of work over the weeks. May be biased as I liked most of her designs/creativity whereas many of the other finished items really weren't my cup of tea!

Caroline - hope your breathing has eased now - definitely a day for taking things easy.
    Mo - hope you've been enjoying your garden, and perhaps making decisions on designs for further zentangle pieces.
    Dave - what's the cutting situation? Anything else on the table, or lined up ready to go? Expect it's too hot to be in your cutting room at the moment.
    Shelley - hope you enjoyed some time in your garden and managed some crafting. Did you make any progress on the boxes?

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all.... red hot here already and it’s only 8.30am.
      Went out for our walk early yesterday as it was so hot. Needed dog food as we’d bulk bought just before lockdown and had one delivery in the middle, also needed the quarterly flea and tick protection too now plus a few essentials so we bit the bullet and headed for the supermarkets. Pets at home had three people in, Morrisons about 15 people, no queues so that was good.

No cutting today, the sun comes straight through the velux windows from about 12-4pm. I can cover the windows but it gets extremely hot up there, my hands sweat and the paper warps. I’ve nothing on the table anyway.

Apart from that, nothing more to report.....that’s about all folks!

Dave.

Comment

I agree Linda, Claire was the right winner, some spiteful comments on FB. She was good from the getgo, love her style I am more bohemian as do not suit fitted garments, prefer kaftans.

Too hot already, Waitrose arrived at 8:40 early but not bothered. He knows we do not mind but some complain even if they are 5 minutes early.

Comment

Good late morning folks.

It's a scorcher here too but we have the large parasol up so lovely to sit under and relax.

Work conference call this morning. Queried the 50 masks which will last about two weeks if we are lucky and they said they are not replacing them as they are not a compulsory item to wear. If the Government guide lines change they will review it. With the social distancing being reduced I would have thought it was even more important. The first 10 shops have reopened and there is no way they can control social distancing and we have to leave it up to people to be personally responsible apparently. Our responsibility is to keep the staff and volunteers safe, that doesn't add up to me ! 48 hours now for isolating donations, oh and they have kindly said we can refuse them if we are overloaded, you bet we can, I have always done that if I have felt H&S was compromised.

On to nicer things. We have sold the second of the larger platters 'ESCAPE' One of the enquiries came up trumps firs thing this morning, I'm over the moon. Sold three of the four I have done so far. Only have one piece left so the money is going to have to be spent on more wood as I need a couple at least for the gallery and for our own stock as well. problem is thinking up new designs. This last one was going to be featured in an article but the client has said it can still go ahead and labelled as sold to a private collector, sorted.

My work room is too hot to use as well Dave, maybe later this afternoon when the sun has moved around.

Hope you get time to start on your books again Linda.

Enjoy your relaxing day Caroline, hope the heat isn't too unbearable.

Hope you are coping with the heat OK Shelley and the Rats have disappeared now.

Enjoy your day folks.

Mo. XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

On to nicer things. We have sold the second of the larger platters 'ESCAPE' One of the enquiries came up trumps firs thing this morning, I'm over the moon. Sold three of the four I have done so far. Only have one piece left so the money is going to have to be spent on more wood as I need a couple at least for the gallery and for our own stock as well. problem is thinking up new designs. This last one was going to be featured in an article but the client has said it can still go ahead and labelled as sold to a private collector, sorted.
            I saw on fb that ESCAPE had been sold - congratulations, but I am not in the least bit surprised.

Very generous of your client to allow the article featuring the piece to go ahead.

Get your thinking cap on and don't go anywhere without your notebook and pen. I look forward to seeing the next masterpiece from Team Bodrighy

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Sun shining and hot hot.

Caroline, glad you had your inhalers handy, mine are always within reach, I have a pouch I wear on my belt so it is always with me and next to the bed at night. I don't mind if my deliveries arrive early, not like I will be anywhere else Mind you contemplating going shopping more as they have advise shielders can do more at the end of the month. I had a letter explaining it all yesterday. I find it harder to plan meals if some things are not available, rather go and see whats in stock and fresh and then plan.

Linda, well done on all the washing - 5 loads, my washing machine would moan, never mind the washing line. One load going in today for me. Hope your shopping trip and visit to your brother goes well, and you get sometime with the books.

I also think she was the right choice, I did like her precision and attention to detail. She also seemed to make a lot of the clothes she wore so she felt confident.

Dave, nothing on the go? that must be a rarity. Enjoy the time off. The shops do seem to be getting back to some sort of normal which is another reason I am thinking of going shopping more.

Mo, well done, 3 out of 4 and so quickly. You do seem to have come up with a winning design, it should look wonderful in an article.

If you don't feel safe without the masks, surely they have to supply you with as many as you feel you need. Are they putting up screens round the tills?
              I think when we open I shall be wearing a mask when dealing with customers.

The R rate is not gone down yet, the ratman came round yesterday and checked the bait boxes and none had been taken. He did say that they will be suspicious of anything new in their environment and it could take a couple of weeks before they even investigate the boxes. he also said that at the moment with the cherry glut we are having they are not hungry, the cherries on on the wane now should be gone by the end of the week so maybe next week they will be hungry.

I am coping with the heat, its nice and cool in the living room where my office is. Popping out to the garden for a bit more sun in a minute.

Yesterday got away with me again, spent the afternoon making cherry pie, picture on FB. I did finish the boxes for the butterfly cards, will do the inserts and labelling later then some photos tomorrow which I will share on FB and then I will start posting again on Folksy.

No ideas for more cards just at the moment, going to try and finish the embroidery over the next couple of weeks or so, but if I get an idea I am not going to hesitate to start on the cards again
              Really want to get the number of WIPs down to 1 or 2 instead of 5 or 6

Take care all and enjoy the weather while it lasts, storms on the way they say.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
              X