Wednesday 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 24th

Morning all! Bright, very warm, dry, little breeze, scorchio temperatures predicted.

Yesterday - one of those "it just disappeared" days. Bread made, shopping done, fruit vinegars delivered with the expected lengthy nattering, G&G shopping delivered and quick chat, farm shop delivery made, everything packed away, couple of hours spent mooching around t'internet (again), bit of knitting, early night.

Today - got going early, stripped the bed, gathered up everything from the bedroom and bathroom that is washable, first load in the machine now. Have been round upstairs with a damp cloth (lots of wood that gets very dusty). Have a couple of washing up bowls with used jars in soak to remove labels so will attend to those, planning to ring elderly aunt later, but apart from continuing with the laundry and remaking the bed no other definite plans. Just had confirmation that the last event (local church fete) in the calendar for July is cancelled - had assumed that anyway but good to hear it from the organisers.

Caroline - hope you're well and out for an early stroll (drag) round the village with Shiloh. How did the creativity go yesterday? Saw the garden bench - we make things to last in Lincolnshire! LOL!
    Mo - a busy day for you, but please Valerie is fully fit and ready for another 12 months. 50 masks? For how many, for how long? You'll be closing in less than a week! Rest up today and don't forget your rib probably isn't fully healed yet.
    Dave - spending lots of time outside no doubt. Hope you got all your chores done and enjoyed a long walk with Flo before it got too hot.
    Shelley - hope the car is all fixed now and the bill wasn't too painful. Enjoy some time sitting in the garden with your embroidery - the current weather looks like it's here for only a few days then we're back to rain and wind.

HAGO, BBL
    Linda

Morning all, yes Linda our for a mad walk and to drop off the face masks made yesterday into the post box. Having our coffee in the new arbour seat today. Lee is now making a list of things he needs to make it look good, ie bed edging, pea gravel, plants etc. The other area will have to be left for this year until we save up some more pennies.

Blooming heavy but not going to go very far, do have the metal feet that go into the ground, will get those sorted once it is its final position. My back is not happy this am think all the bending and lifting yesterday, resting today and just going with the flow, lol.

Enjoy your washing Linda, what would we do without machine.

HAGD & BBL x

Comment

Morning all...Nice and bright here.

Yesterday we went for a walk through the woods with Flo. As it was hot the trees gave a lot of shade for most of it, spotted another damson tree for later in the year.

Got back just as the window cleaner was finishing the windows. Flo went in the house. When he’d gone we couldn't find her anywhere. She gets really scared when the windows are washed, hates the brushes waving around. I checked the usuals, under the china cabinet, under the sofa or bed, back of the wardrobe....nothing. We went into the garden, that was the last place we saw her. There is a huge dense bush at the back with brambles etc running through from the woods at the back. A small flash of white could be seen in the thick of it. Two hours later Sue had to get the secateurs and cut a hole so she’d be tempted to come out again 🙄🤷🏻‍♂️😆

Linda, ever made your own vinegar from wine? A Jamie Oliver vid popped up in my feed about home made vinegar and “the mother” etc. I googled a pickle site, it outlined it, didn’t sound too tricky, I’ve got some unpasteurised vinegar with the mother enzyme as a “ starter” with the wine, ....is it worth a crack if I dilute the wine correctly and use a glass container.

Have a good’un all
      Dave.

Comment

Linda, ever made your own vinegar from wine? A Jamie Oliver vid popped up in my feed about home made vinegar and “the mother” etc. I googled a pickle site, it outlined it, didn’t sound too tricky, I’ve got some unpasteurised vinegar with the mother enzyme as a “ starter” with the wine, ....is it worth a crack if I dilute the wine correctly and use a glass container.
        No Dave, I haven't. I actually do infused vinegars (fruit and herb) rather than make the vinegar itself; I had looked at doing it, but have neither the room or the patience to pratt about with things. However, if you fancy having a go then do it and let me know how you get on. Always use sterilised glass containers, and make sure the lids are either new or totally clean, undamaged and sterilised (check also if they have absorbed any odour from the original jar contents - pickled onions are the biggest culprit, but highly spiced foods are a close second).

Me being me would also check out at least three sites/methods for making anything like this. Check some of the well known and respected cookery/food/chefs sites and see if they have any info.

Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs and you know all this already, but can't be too careful, even with bug killers like wine and vinegar!

Linda

Comment

Morning all.

27 deg already phew, salad again tonight for dinner I think.

Going to make up a plaque for the front of our exhibition photo album. So much stock now will only be able to show some of it at any one time but if we have the rest with us people can have a look through the book and see if there is anything else that takes their fancy. Bit of thick veneer and the pyro machine should do it.

Had an enquiry about the latest Zentangle piece ''Escape'' but I think the price scared him off LOL also someone wanted to buy the one I sold last week which was smaller and cheaper than the latest one. Got contacted by a well known woodturner and wood artist asking if he could feature ''Escape'' in an article he is writing, yes please, all publicity is good. Pete went out first thing to pick up the iron and didn't have to brave a queue long today.

The new gallery will be opening soon so I have to do a couple more Zentangle pieces for that. Racking my brains for inspiration at the moment. A smaller one will be up and running as well but that is local and only really doing it to support a friend, all lower end goods suitable for gifts.

Awh poor Flo bless her. Wasting wine on vineger, whatever next. Suppose if you get the bottom end ones they taste like vinegar anyway and you're half way there Dave LOL

Enjoy you new relaxing area Caroline great that it's prompted more work on the garden by Lee. We spent all afternoon in the garden repotting, moving stuff around and generally tidying up. Got the Nippon out to attack the ants. We seem to have baby citrus fruits for the first time on a couple of the plants. Lost the labels and the orange, lime and lemons all look exactly the same. Will write it on the pots when we see what each one is of they come to fruition. Very satisfying sitting there eating our dinner last night.

Hope you are taking things easy Shelley in this heat and the card boxes are coming along nicely.

Don't overdo it today Linda the HW will still be there in a couple of days when the temperature drops again.

Enjoy your day folks.

Mo.XX

Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Don't overdo it today Linda the HW will still be there in a couple of days when the temperature drops again.
            No chance of overdoing things - spent too many years doing that and have learned the lesson. However, in a couple of days although the HW may still be there, the mojo won't which is why I get on with it when I am in the mood
            As it happens, I have done most of the things on the list and a few more besides; just waiting for OH to surface so I can get to a couple more furniture covers to throw in the washing machine with the last mat for laundry and apart from getting tea (salad) later that will be it for today.

Linda

Comment

Thanks Linda, only something that has grabbed my interest. I tend to get various sites for most things then form an opinion......and still not done it by next year 😂

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
                Thanks Linda, only something that has grabbed my interest. I tend to get various sites for most things then form an opinion......and still not done it by next year 😂

Dave.
                Join the club! I have electronic files, paper files, notebooks and a head full of things I'm going to try - some of them are decades old. Very few actually get done - the bookbinding is one of the few

Linda

Comment

Working...
                X