Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 9th

Morning all

Dry but windy and got very cold yesterday pm. Did not do much yesterday but got my next project sorted.

Lee has decided he wants spam fritters today, yukk and double yukk I am having chicken my staple. Can use my new fryer from JL. It also filters the oil afterwards so you do not end up with murky oil tasting of what you last cooked.

Starting the cutlery and napkin holder sets today. doing in a grey chambray with a white swallow design, backed in plain chambray. Has a denim look but much easier to manipulate.

Not much else planned, hope you are feeling fit now. I find when I have a slump my mental state also plummets and have to really pull myself out of the doldrums.

HAGD and BBL x

Morning all! Bit of sunshine, dry, not too breezy, not sure of temperature but feels reasonable.

Yesterday - spent time playing with non-traditional style book construction and binding but nothing useful produced (might have been better if I wasn't trying to do it on a tray on my lap!), just have the start of a list of what doesn't work! Had another event cancelled - had already been deferred from early May to August, but not feasible this year now. Apart from essential hw nothing else done, so had long soak in the bath and a bit of time reading.

Today - laundry in the machine, kitchen cleared up, breadmaking stuff out ready. Shopping later for us and G&G, need to do farm shop list and decide whether I need to do butchers list or whether it can wait. If there's time later this afternoon I might go back to the bookbinding.

Caroline - busy again with creativity, I don't know how you keep coming up with so many new ideas so frequently.
    Mo - hope your pyro was successful. Thank you for the compliment on the book - I'm still not happy with the inside/end paper but had a couple of suggestions how to deal with it from an fb group. I am giving it some thought.
    Dave - yay! farm eggs again We all get slumps from time to time, it's just human, but it sounds like yours are more severe than many people. As long as you're OK now, that's what matters
    Shelley - Our vets recommended Broadline for our mogs (done them this morning so now out of favour!), and as we live on old farmland and are surrounded by fields and "wild" garden I have to do them regularly, especially as they both insist on being outside all the time when it's warm enough. HMRC - thanks to a friend I have discovered I can print off the forms and do a paper submission - and that's what I'll be doing if nothing comes through this week! Sounds like life is getting back to normal for you; are the ABs taking effect now?

Thank you for the compliments on the books everyone - I know they're far from perfect but I'm happy with what I've done so far and believe that more practice will improve my skills so I can produce items I'm very pleased with before long Then I can go on to more advanced and/or different methods .

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all.

We have sunshine here at the moment.

Going to get on with a bit of pyro and ink I think today. Really need to give the house a bit of a dust at least, hmmmmmm.

Sorry about your event being cancelled Linda. Our organisers are hoping that the two they moved to September will still go ahead but nothing certain at the moment. Glad you have found a new craft that you enjoy. It doesn't make the learning curve such a drag when you see improvements quickly too.

Cutlery holders sound interesting Caroline congrats on the sale yesterday I think it was. You do seem to work hard on the promotion side of things so deserve the sales.

Dave off for a nice long walk again or making confetti ?

Hope all the meds are sorted now Shelley and you are feeling so much better.

Enjoy your day whatever you get up to.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Morning all...warm here, bit cloudy.

I’m fine today, Sue has woken up with a bout of Labrynthitis. She gets it now and again. She has tablets for it so just keeping still and letting it pass is the best thing.
        She’ll probably be fine again tomorrow. Her dad had Menieres...pretty much the same thing.

Just got back from walking the dog, just me and Flo so I could march a bit more.
        Someome has dumped a couple of disposable face masks on the pavement outside....I’m not picking them up, its a biohazard as far as I’m concerned!😡
        Hope you all are ok, keep the alerts coming, BBL

Dave.

Comment

Been looking at Fabric for days, African Wax prints, really bright and in your face designs. Thread on FB British Sewing Bee Group and someone posted a link to another company they had bought from who have a big sale on. Pete said I could buy some if I promised to make something with it ( my existing fabric stock is legendary ) I didn't reply. But I have ordered 2 bolts of 6 yards each x 50 ins wide, grand total incl postage £23.93 less than £2.00 a yard. All excited now haven't bought any fabric for years.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
            Been looking at Fabric for days, African Wax prints, really bright and in your face designs. Thread on FB British Sewing Bee Group and someone posted a link to another company they had bought from who have a big sale on. Pete said I could buy some if I promised to make something with it ( my existing fabric stock is legendary ) I didn't reply. But I have ordered 2 bolts of 6 yards each x 50 ins wide, grand total incl postage £23.93 less than £2.00 a yard. All excited now haven't bought any fabric for years.

Mo.XX
            That sounds like a bargain price, and if you haven't bought any fabric for years there is no wonder you are excited!

I've ordered a stack of paper to use for sidings (covers) for notebooks I am going to make! Only coming from Newark but could take a while to get here; I'm excited too!

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Another hazy day, dry but chilly.

Caroline, spam fritters sounds like one of those childhood comfort food things like fish finger sandwiches For me its bangers and mash with onion gravy...mmmmm.
              Your cutlery sets sound like a good idea, ideal for picnics or any alfresco dinning. Chambray is really lovely, I once had some in a dusky pink went really well with denim and a bit of lace, made a bag for friends birthday present.

Linda, you are certainly getting into this bookmaking, glad you are enjoying it, sometimes the experimentation can be almost as much fun as a successful result. Hope the bread making goes well and you get all the shopping done and you don't have to wait too long for your new paper to arrive.
              I understand, when our cats were young and spent more time out almost than inside, they needed regular fleaing and worming ( only heaven knows what they ate but often their upset tummy made itself known inside) These days the 2 girls hardly go out much, Flo especially, must admit Miemei still does a bit of hunting.

Mo well done on splashing out on a lovely sounding bit of fabric, I am convinced that all my fabric has a purpose, I am just waiting to find out what
              What cracker of a vase, the autumn leaves are really well done, love the maple flyers too. A bit of polish will just finish it off

Dave glad you have resurfaced feeling fine, sometimes a time out is required. Sorry to hear Sue is not well, glad she knows what it is and how to treat it. Get well soon.
              Ewwh how unsociable, wonder why they abandoned them? Hope the bin men take them away.

Today was delivery day My rectangular nesting dies arrives, so should be good for all sizes up to about A5.
              And my new watch arrived yeah Its almost identical to my old one, but does Oxygen levels as well as heart rate, steps and sleep and loads more. it basically the next model up, wasn't available when I bought mine a year ago. Spent an hour or so updating the firmware and setting it up and now its good, I am sure it will need a bit fine tuning over the next few days.
              The misdelivered parcel was also collected.
              Just waiting now for the infrared thermometer tomorrow and that should be the deliveries for the week, need to hang fire on orders till towards the end of month when the bank is refilled

Had a paperwork morning, sorted the filing cabinet, filed all last years paperwork in plastic wallets and stored upstairs, and put all this years in the filing cabinet. The day to day files are now empty and ready for reopening, whenever that might be. Have been getting a few more phone calls but all for stuff we don't do, fixing interior van lights, hifi and other domestic white goods.
              As suspected sorting the paperwork uncovered a couple of things (not urgent) that I need to do, renegotiate the Gas contract and pay a few bills.

This evening some food and then some more card making.

Have a good day all and take care.

Shelley
              Last edited by Lilly42; 09-06-2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X