Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 23rd

Morning all

Been for a long walk, wore my new shoes a bit stupid as rubbed my little toe on my right foot. Very sore now and has a plaster on it plus a load os Savlon. Been wearing round the house and have been fine.

More sewing for me today, the butterflies failed yesterday never completed one did manage to reset the machine and do 2 of the 4 with some extra Solvy. Another 2 today. Switched the machine off and it resets today to where I left off, all clever stuff. Waiting for some sticky stuff remover to clear the gunk on he pots, hate labels. They are the yoghurt pots I get from the Milkman, glass and so cute just had to make use of them. If works will do some more as eat a lot of yoghurt.

Setting up the overlocker the other side of the room to start edging the infinity scarves, this will make sure the organza does not fray and gives a stable edge to stitch on the main machine. Will make 6 out fo the 3 lengths bought.

Not much else to report, hop backs, knees etc are all okay or feeling rested.

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Bright, dry but still very breezy - gusts up to 40mph possible - and cool again.

Yesterday, made bread, decided recent spiced redcurrant sauce is a failure so disposed of that and cleaned jars for re-use, ironed bags, major session with the sewing machine and you'll be pleased to hear nearly all have handles and just need ends trimming.

Today, brother's birthday so sending him wishes, bit of cleaning downstairs, not sure what else but expect the day will just disappear in no time as they all seem to these days.

Caroline - disappointing when a project doesn't go the way you envisage, but makes the other projects seem so much better Hope your toe stops hurting and recovers soon.
    Mo - hope you managed some rest and the paracetamol made the day manageable for you; kind and sensible c h e m i s t Seems ST have seen some sense at last!
    Dave - many similarities between your village and ours - mostly seems like ordinary days, and I've noticed the verge side litter is starting to increase rapidly again Agree with Shelley, Flo was just being defensive and understandably; springers although gorgeous dogs are rather bouncy and lively - those two shouldn't have been off lead.
    Shelley - read that the lady who initiated the Thursday hand clapping feels it should be wound up after this week (obviously noticed the novelty has worn off and fewer people doing it) - I agree with her. So pleased you've found something to relieve the back pain and ankle swelling problem. Hope life is a bit more comfortable now.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning Linda how is your back this morning?

Comment

Morning all....

Alternating sunny spells and clouds passing...
        Not much on today again. Sue did stocked up on groceries yesterday, need to go to a big supermarket for essentials next week.

Out litter has increased too Linda. Lockdown is so successful, weekly I’m messaging our local councillor because the park has piles of beer bottles where people have grouped up for a drink, not binned the bottles. 3 times I’ve done it now, the contractors are supposed to litter check every day, yes, they are all working, plus the rubbish bins are full to overflowing lately so that’s been highlighted but its been a problem for over12 months since they gave an obviously cheaper contractor the job!

Caroline, furniture polish, after shave, WD40, nail varnish remover and anything alcohol based will all remove the sticky glue from labels.

Shelley, glad you’re more comfortable, nothing worse than pain and aches.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
          Morning Linda how is your back this morning?
          Much improved, thank you. Still there, and I'm continuing the exercising but I have long periods free of any pain

How are your various aches, pains and stiffness?

Linda

Comment

Started a 5 minute a day Tai Chi on YouTube and certainly has helped, thank you. Very gentle more like you see the oldies doing in China.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Sunny but very windy here today.

Did the Mum sitting bit this morning. Pete drove me there as I couldn't manage another 2 hours driving and stayed in my Sisters house next door for the duration as she was at work. Nurse visiting Mum thinks I may have fractured a rib !! Nothing they can do just got to let it heal. Dad has accepted that Mums meds have to be increased which happened yesterday and seemed fine this morning just a bit more sleepy which is good as maybe Dad can have some unbroken nights sleep as well. Carer is happy so I won't need to be there again with her next week.

Pete has managed to get a couple of child booster seats on Gumtree or somewhere similar. Nice Fisher Price ones, lovely and clean just had the covers washed. Always handy to have when we go to Cornwall and want to take the kids somewhere. Left the lady with a bunch of flowers as a thank you.

Driving to my parents house there are farmers gateways and laybys covered with rubbish, it's disgusting. Always a problem for them in the country though. The high winds are making it worse scattering it about.

Pete started to have a go at piercing a bowl. Some cleaning up of the edges required but not bad at all. He seemed to enjoy it which is good, practice makes perfect !

Looking forward to seeing the infinity scarves Caroline. Pity about the interruption with the machine yesterday, hope all went well when you set it off again this morning.

Hope you have found something interesting to do with your day Linda.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk
              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Did the Mum sitting bit this morning. Pete drove me there as I couldn't manage another 2 hours driving and stayed in my Sisters house next door for the duration as she was at work. Nurse visiting Mum thinks I may have fractured a rib !! Nothing they can do just got to let it heal. Dad has accepted that Mums meds have to be increased which happened yesterday and seemed fine this morning just a bit more sleepy which is good as maybe Dad can have some unbroken nights sleep as well. Carer is happy so I won't need to be there again with her next week.
                Oh Lor! Broken rib sounds extremely painful - no wonder you have been struggling You won't be able to much in the shop if it does open as planned, and you certainly won't be able to do any of the heavy cleaning and sorting that will be needed beforehand.

Sounds like the medics have been able to convince your Dad that increasing medication is the best thing for Mum and thank goodness it seems to be having a positive effect. Good that the carer is happy with the situation and you won't face the long journey next week.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                X