Monday 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 18th

Morning all a beautiful day and as you said Shelley a perfect week for a staycation. Have the stirrings of creativity but not doing anything until Thursday at the earliest. Need a break as my back is not good, all those lugging boxes up and downstairs. Lee is cross as I did not ask him plus he could not hear me for Led Zep blaring out from his music room, thank goodness we are detached otherwise he would have to use headphones.

Today cleaning downstairs upstairs can be done every other week, just wipe the bathrooms with some anti bac wipes.

Not much else to report but happy now my shop is reopened, have had 53K + impressions in the last 30 days so lets hope I get some sales soon.

HAGD and BBL x

Morning all! Cloudy, but warmer, dry and not too breezy at ground level, although treetops are rustling. Possible shower of rain this evening.

Yesterday - morning sewing - finished part one (the main body of the bags), sorted scraps to make handles. Had an hour attacking weeds etc in the afternoon, then a soak in the bath as back was complaining.

Today - plan to make a start on stitching bag handles, more time in the garden if weather OK this afternoon. Expecting a jam recipes book any day now, then just the bookbinding kit to arrive. Need to reply to email from a friend and phone another for a chat.

Caroline - enjoy your rest period - if the creative juices keep flowing you can always jot ideas into a notebook and do the practical bit when you feel up to it.
    Mo - hope your day of rest helped with the muscle repair yesterday. Many crafters try a variety of crafts but keep one as a main discipline (always have to try something new!). It is interesting how many skills are transferable across disciplines and within disciplines once basic skills of tool use and material behaviour are learned.
    Dave - seem to have forsaken this thread - trust all is well and the new templates are keeping you busy.
    Shelley - A busy day for you yesterday - these "half an hour jobs" always take far longer than we could imagine, and we never learn! However, you now have a portfolio of fabulous photographs ready for your Folksy shop Sewing successful; one successful batch of bread doesn't make me a baker, LOL!
    HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Where did you get the BB kit from a Linda I bought one a few years ago and so easy to follow, plus having all the bits you need makes it simpler.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
        Where did you get the BB kit from a Linda I bought one a few years ago and so easy to follow, plus having all the bits you need makes it simpler.
        Ordered from www.learnbookbinding.co.uk Caroline. They're in North Devon, so much as I would love to do a workshop or two there it's not viable, and as I've done a little bit of bookbinding I thought I'd give it a go. Not many reviews, but all good, and references to the various kits and instructions seem good too.

Linda

Comment

Morning all...

Sun is out, sky is blue 😁
          Yesterday was a busy one. Cutting most of the day. Amy came round for a socially distant visit and brought round a huge homemade Oreo biscuit cheesecake which I quarantined for about 10 minutes....then smashed it 😆.

We went out early yesterday, we always walk out in or across the road from people coming up, I joked to a chap “ Got to keep our distance”, he said “ Don’t go into Ironbridge then, you’ve got no chance”.....that’s from a visitor!
          We never do, we stay at our own end, we use the park perimeter then through the trees to the two football pitches which are only up a flight of around 15 steps from the park itself but no one ever is there. You’d think families with kids would love a big empty space to run around in away from the crowds. The kiddies play area has swings tied up, gates were cable tied shut but they got removed by morons wanting to risk cross infection so the council had to chain it shut so apart from that, nothing else but grass to play on. From there we gave Flo a good run then walked up to Buildwas, past the old power station site then home again.

Sounds more quiet today, we’ll be out again later, long walk tomorrow, don’t know where to yet.
          Not forsaken it Linda, just now and again I post later in the day...or sometimes just skip a day if nothing is different to yesterday because I get stuck for something to write about...lots of samey days just lately 😂

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
            Not forsaken it Linda, just now and again I post later in the day...or sometimes just skip a day if nothing is different to yesterday because I get stuck for something to write about...lots of samey days just lately 😂
            Understand Dave - it's just that, especially these days, I start to worry if one of the regulars hasn't posted on here for a couple of days

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post

Ordered from www.learnbookbinding.co.uk Caroline. They're in North Devon, so much as I would love to do a workshop or two there it's not viable, and as I've done a little bit of bookbinding I thought I'd give it a go. Not many reviews, but all good, and references to the various kits and instructions seem good too.

Linda
              They are the people I have used, recommended to a friend and she found the tutorial brilliant. Warning can be addictive!

Comment

Afternoon all,

Sunny, warm and a gentle breeze.

Caroline you take care of your back, a few days resting sound perfect. I am sure you will be back firing on all cylinders before the week is out. Thank you for liking my shop. Burn calming down and healing?

Linda, a pleasant few days ahead with sewing and bookbinding on the cards. Enjoy some time in the garden too, not just weeding, have a sit too take care of your back.

Dave, an oreo cheesecake, wow never heard of one, I bet it didn't last long. Not a fan of cheesecake and oreos are no go for nut allergy sufferers. When I lived in the USA in the 70s there was only one sort of oreos and so I could eat them but now they make all kinds of flavours they are not for me.
                I know how it goes, sometime the day just gets away with me before I have had a chance to post something, but I usually have read all the posts so if there was a question or request I could respond.

Mo, enjoying the garden? Creating a masterpiece or two?

Today I woke up with a bit of heartburn, had a light snack and seem to have knocked it on the head. Decided once again to change my plan for the pictures on the store, the background I had picked was a bitmap and so all my pictures were large and the cropping didn't always go to plan so now retaking all photos of cards with a black background in the photo box so I can use a black background in the edit. About 3/4 the way through, will be worth it though, I hope

So thats my day, photos, editing and listing. I don't think I will get all done till the end of tomorrow. Want to get it done so I can spend the end of the week in the garden.

My new die storage unit has arrived, so I need to construct it and then spend a couple of evenings sorting dies - again, hopefully I will be able to organise it so additions will have somewhere to go and no more major reshuffles needed. I am slowing down on my purchases of dies but not stopped When I have done it I will have 240 A4 magnetic sheets full of dies, definitely enough for me, but I do see lots of post on FB of people who have literally gotten into some sort of hoarding problem with dies and craft supplies, they just don't seem to be able to say no. There is also a desire it to share it all online with feigned comments about how terrible it is they have so much, which just inspires a whole flood of oh I have more, look.
                The other thing that bugs me is they share their latest deliveries with oh look what I got, I am naughty. What.. and then there is the I need to hide this new stuff from my hubby, again What?? I would hate it if Simon didn't share the things I got and I like to share what he gets.
                Oh well, rant over. We are all different.

Time for some supper I think, then back to the photos.

Have a good evening all and take care.

Shelley

Comment

Well I did a bit in the workshop, redoing a couple of pieces that weren't good enough then got the bikes out and checked them out. Both OK despite not being able to use them for far too long. Think once Mo is back in the shop I will make a determined effort to get out and use mine. Can't hope to regain the pysique of a 30 year old if I don't do anything about it LOL. OK so we can all dream can't we?
                  After that spent the rest of the afternoon reading in the sun and rescuing a turkey from a hungry fox. Another day like any other
                  Pete
                  "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

Linda....don’t fret, I’d let you know if something was up...

Shelley...I’ve often wondered what sort of lives these people lead when they order things and say “I’ve been naughty” and they’ll have to “hide it from hubby”...🤷🏻‍♂️..I assume he reads his own credit card bill?....We share the same pet peeve, it’s a commonly “cakey” thing you tend to read 😆😆

Caroline...bookbinding always sounds interesting, I know a few that have done it, might try myself one of these days...

Pete, I’m with you on the physique front, more front than physique at the minute 😂😂

Dave.

Comment

Shelley I never hide my purchases from Lee. Cannot see the point. I do buy things and show him then when I get out a few months later he says 'Is that new?' I explain bought months ago and did show him but he had forgotten.

Bookbinding is fun Dave I made 4 so far in my shop on Folksy, covered in William Morris print papers. Now have the punching cradle and book binding press for nipping etc. Does make it easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X