Friday 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 1st

Morning All and welcome to May. Hope to be dry later as have had enough of the rain now.

Log edging broken in places in the garden replacing with a composite to test, if works will gradually replace all and saves Lee with the back breaking staining.

The blouse? Stitched the 8 darts, sides, shoulders, facing and inserted one petal sleeve. Do do hand hem the sleeve, insert and overlock. Buttonholes, buttons, slip stitch facings. finally hand stitch the hem. My back was not happy yesterday will try to do everything this am apart from the hem as can do that sitting watching tv or the garden. If my mini hangers arrive will make a start tomorrow on the shabby chic lavender dresses. Measure about 6" tall and can be hung from clothes hangers making the wardrobe smell delicious.

Back to walking tomorrow, early with just the wildlife. Could hardly get Shiloh outside the last few days, quick dash out and back in again.

Stay safe and stay home x

Morning all! Dull, breezy, not quite so cool and rain in the forecast for later this afternoon.

Yesterday - ended up spending a couple of hours with the sewing machine and did machining on those bags I've been turning into box base versions. Did spend quite a lot of time trying to read sizes on needles after I broke the one that was in there which I think was just too old. Made a big batch of bolognese sauce on Wed and that's now in the freezer - find it tastes more mature after a few weeks in the freezer. Otherwise, just the usual.

Today - expecting someone to collect some A3 card, heading to the shops around lunchtime and fingers crossed I don't have to queue for too long (will take a book with me). This afternoon I'm looking forward to a long, lazy bath. Need to watch Sewing Bee at some point too.

Caroline - Glad you got started on the blouse, but don't overdo it today and aggravate your back.
    Dave - busy on the map cutting yesterday - very impressive so far.
    Mo - impressed with your carving so far - I realise you're not particularly happy, but for a first go at it you really should be happy that you're learning and improving the skills even though the end result may not be up to your usual standard of work.
    Shelley - kept yourself occupied yesterday with creative work as well as boring business and household stuff Glad the clapping was more evident - I thought there wouldn't be much on our road (only 18 properties in all), but I heard the pans etc. Someone further away let off a couple of fireworks, but don't think the noise was bad enough to upset animals along the road.
    Adela - hope you can join us today - what are your creative plans?

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Good morning all.

Lazy morning, up late but slept well. Rain on and off but supposed to dry up later and I really want to go for a walk at sometime.

Wow you have motored on with the blouse Caroline. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Having trouble with the carving now as I really don't have small enough tools to do the smaller detail and outlining. Some of these will only have a 1.5 - 3mm tip. I have the larger ones they recommend a couple of 5 - 6mm which is what I'm using. They were fine for taking away the large areas of wood to rough shape. It's a first try to see if I enjoy it and want to carry on even if I only do 2D surface carvings. It's a long process whatever and may not be viable to sell, far too expensive given the time taken even if I get batter and speed up. Not going to buy tools unless I know I'm going to use them and it's a waste buying cheap ones.

Ooooh sun has come out again and the solar fountain has started up.

I enjoyed the Sewing Bee Linda but sometimes I fail to see the merit in some of the creations that the judges wax lyrical about LOL and the presenter wafting around all the time is soooo irritating. Why they can't have someone with at least an interest in sewing to ask some sensible questions and make productive comments and not act like a third rate commedian.

Did watch the Real Marigold Hotel, what a mix of people. Britt Ekland I found to be a self centered, prima donna, drama queen, still trading on the fact she was married to Peter Sellers for a while. The others were fun and likeable in their own way, even old 'Blowers' could take the mick out of himself.

Have a good day all. Stay safe.

Mo.XX
      Last edited by MornieG Jewellery; 01-05-2020, 12:43 PM.
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

sometimes I fail to see the merit in some of the creations that the judges wax lyrical about LOL and the presenter wafting around all the time is soooo irritating. Why they can't have someone with at least an interest in sewing to ask some sensible questions and make productive comments and not act like a third rate commedian.
        Most of the creations seem to be from a world far different to mine too Mo, and the judges obviously live on a different planet to us. I agree with you about the presenter don't know where they dragged him from - assume he's another of those famous people I've never heard of!: much prefer Claudia Winkleman, or someone who has an interest in sewing as opposed to "fashion"

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post

Most of the creations seem to be from a world far different to mine too Mo, and the judges obviously live on a different planet to us. I agree with you about the presenter don't know where they dragged him from - assume he's another of those famous people I've never heard of!: much prefer Claudia Winkleman, or someone who has an interest in sewing as opposed to "fashion"

Linda
          To be fair to them I couldn't make any of the garments in the time scale they are allowed even given they are apparently a little forgiving on the time behind the scenes if they are all struggling. What would I have done with a beach towel and a long cotton scarf ? .................. probably something boring like a kaftan so I shouldn't bitch really LOL

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

To be fair to them I couldn't make any of the garments in the time scale they are allowed
            Neither could I probably, but then I wouldn't want to - I'd rather do it properly than do it fast

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Rain first thing, but now we have some sun and its quite warm.

Caroline, you have made good progress on the blouse. The lavender bags sound very sweet. Enjoy your walk.

Linda, its interesting how that happens with bolognese, It always tastes better after a day or so in the fridge. My mum used chop up the leftover spaghetti and mix it in with the leftover bolognese and we would have the next day, it always tasted better, the sauce soaked in to the spaghetti. mmmmm one of those memories.
              Enjoy your soak.

Mo, carving is looking good, hope the small tools arrive soon so you don't get tempted to turn it into a mouse Wow a sun indicator - if the fountain is working its sunny
              Can't watch the Marigold Hotel, annoys the heck out of me.

I do enjoy the sewing bee, Joe Lycett is ok, I think he is supposed to be a bit of light hearted presenter, not supposed to be an expert.
              The towel transformation was a bit weak, I am sure I could do better even in the time. The shirts were above me though.

More work on the butterfly bodies, half done last night, then on to the flowers. Not much else on today apart from a sainsburys food delivery between 9pm and 10pm. Its a cheap time slot and I would rather it was late than early.

I am working on the jigsaw still, but slowly, needs to be when Meimei is asleep or she tries to help - not.

Far too many cars out today, even Simon mentioned it. I have decided not to let it stress me, I am staying in so I shouldn't have to come into contact with those idiots

Take care all and have a good day.

Stay home - Stay safe

Shelley

Comment

Afternoon all.....

Been on a long walk in the woods today, weather was a bit patchy, dull then bright sun.
                Got the gist of how cut maps work now I’ve done one, just need to quirky them up a bit, just waiting for some info from their sites admin.
                Sorted the buildings insurance sky high premium renewal...they’ve classed me as a high flood risk. Never been flooded, never claimed for anything at all in 25 years, all searches online with my postcode says I’m in the lowest flood risk group instead, the nearest house to us ever having flood damage is over 250 metres away. No other insurers loaded us anywhere near as much, they all say the flood risk database they all use says I’m in a lowest risk category so I’ve gone with another large reputable insurer instead!

Can’t be done with the Marigold Hotel thing, just Z listers grasping a bit more fame, much rather watch celebs closer to home crash and almost sink a few barges 😁
                The sewing Bee doesn’t even get airtime here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have a goodun all
                Dave 😎

Comment

Working...
                X