Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 30th

Morning all

Only 1 thing missing from our order a bottle of sparkling water, wanted for the tempura batter wondering if a miniscule amount of Andrews will have the same effect, lol. Only Lee is having the batter round his scallops. Don't eat fish!

After all the false starts determined to start the blouse today, have the dress form set to size 14 so here goes, may end up going out the window, lol.

Had an email from Homebase they are reopening but have put up perspex screens and only accepting cards. This is to protect the customers and staff alike. Thought of you Mo and agree with Dave and Shelley they need to do a lot more to protect you than opening the doors

Not much else to report as not much doing atm.

Stay safe and stay home. x

Morning al! A little bit of sunshine to start the day, but in for cloud, rain and breeze mostly. Actual temp higher than yesterday, but "feels like" a degree cooler.

Yesterday another non-achiever overall. Did sort out the files and binders I've been emptying, binned some, a few for passing on if any takers and a couple retained for re-use. Now have hundreds of plastic pockets and quite a lot of card dividers. Made a start on filtering and collating the quotations I'd collected - those I'm keeping going on a Word document, binning the paper. Farm shop delivery - only two of them and he's still working full time from home - getting very tired. I've offered to help if I can whether picking & packing or delivery. Another pile of bags marked up for sewing, bit of family tree and some more crochet.

Today - even less plans, can't even be bothered to decide what to have for tea.
    Caroline - hope you manage to get the blouse at least best part completed today, but take it carefully.
    Dave - Got started on those new templates yet? Hopefully not quite so hot in the working area this last couple of days so you've been able to spend a bit of time on confetti creation
    Mo -
    "The Charity's argument would be that the shops are funding the charitable works in schools, children's homes, young offenders institutions, care homes and prisons" Don't think the virus cares about that - it's whether it can jump from human host to human host in REAL life! Sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday and what a boost was selling the fishpond so soon
    Shelley - what progress on the butterflies? Or did you have other bright ideas and divert your energies to other creations?

HAGO & BBL
    Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer2; 30-04-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Morning all....

Dull but dry so far.....
      The bin is out, no chasing the recyclers in my Slippers this week.

Took the dog out yesterday morning, had a spell on the treadmill in the afternoon, went for a long hilly walk with the dog before tea, 8000 steps. Thatโ€™s better.

Iโ€™m toying around with cutting street maps but they have to be cut in coloured layers so you have to think what order the layers need to be cut and what holes need to be cut to show for example green areas or not where roads, rivers etc are going to be placed over other parts that would have been holes in places where grassed area is either side of a road....( I know what I mean ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†) Iโ€™ve nearly got layer two of four-ish done but its only experimental, donโ€™t hold your breath anyone ๐Ÿ˜.
      Apart from that and the fact that my hair is getting longer, Iโ€™m looking like a Bay City Roller.....nothing more to report.
      Have a goodun all.

Dave.

Comment

Iโ€™m toying around with cutting street maps but they have to be cut in coloured layers so you have to think what order the layers need to be cut and what holes need to be cut to show for example green areas or not where roads, rivers etc are going to be placed over other parts that would have been holes in places where grassed area is either side of a road....( I know what I mean ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†) Iโ€™ve nearly got layer two of four-ish done but its only experimental, donโ€™t hold your breath anyone ๐Ÿ˜.
        There's nothing like setting yourself new problems to solve - especially when it involves so many different skills LOL! However, it sounds fascinating and would love to see the results - whether you're happy with it or not!

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post

There's nothing like setting yourself new problems to solve - especially when it involves so many different skills LOL! However, it sounds fascinating and would love to see the results - whether you're happy with it or not!

Linda
          ....You will ๐Ÿ˜

Dave๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comment

Morning all.

Wet day here again, although it did dry up a bit yesterday afternoon.

Expect I will do a bit more on the Leveret today, must stop calling it a bunny LOL though if I take off any more that I shouldn't have it could end up being a mouse.

Keep promoting the on line RHS Wisley event although I don't think it's the sort of thing that's going to be a success for us, people like to touch and feel wood before they buy. If it keeps our name out there till we can get going again it's worth it.

Well done on stepping up ( literally ) the exercise Dave. Setting yourself a challenge there with that cut rather like my bunny. Pete may have to start tying his hair back off his face to get it out of his eyes when he's turning. Doesn't matter about the rest of it. I'm quite liking my hair a bit longer maybe time for a new look.

Look forward to seeing the finished blouse Caroline. I do want to get back into sewing but not made anything for me for years. Last thing I made was a medieval shirt for Pete when we did a show that required period dress. Bit of recycled cream sheeting did the trick. He's still got it I think.

Hope the butterflies are going well Shelley.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX

Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Hi, have a great day for all. I hope everyone is safe in their homes.

Comment

Hello Adela, welcome to the Forum and to the coffee morning/afternoon/evening chat thread.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by adelazahir View Post
                  Hi, have a great day for all. I hope everyone is safe in their homes.
                  Welcome Adela, what are you up to today ?

Mo.XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk
                  https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Evening all,

Another day of rain here, must say though that the garden is actually beginning to look green, there is grass growing now and everything seems to have gone mad.

Caroline did you make much progress with blouse? Maybe a bit of bicarb rather than Andrews?

Linda another day of pottering? It can be very satisfying just doing what comes to hand and is enjoyable.

Dave, maybe you should put chasing the bin men on the exercise list - a heavy bin in tow has got to burn off some calories The idea of the layered maps is very on trend at the moment. In the die cutting world, triple and even quadruple layer dies are all the rage, my new butterfly die is a 3 parter and all my new flower dies are at least 2 parts for the leaves and 3 minimum for the flowers. Cut in thought out colours gives a real 3D look.

Mo, the levert is looking good, a steady hand and a keen eye
                    Pete might look stylish in a manly Alice band, a few years ago a couple of the top snooker players took to wearing them so they could have longish hair but not get in their eyes when getting down on the shot, looked quite smart, obviously not in pink with unicorns unless that is what he wants
                    Doesn't pull on the hair like tying it back, always gives me a headache after awhile.
                    I think we are better off just letting it grow rather than ending up with some of the terrible Isolation Haircuts I have seen.

Adela, what you been up to?

This morning my order of plastic wallets arrived, A5, A4 and A3. I had some I use to organize projects in while I am working on them and I use them to pack away the years accounts into. Not sure what happened to the ones I had out in the 12 x 12 paper rack but they were smelly and sticky, tried cleaning them but I think its got into the plastic, think we may have had a visit from the intact tom I have seen in the garden lately, very friendly, comes up to you for a hello, wears a collar, looks happy but I think he may have been in and marked his territory, aaarrgh. So I have replaced all of those and have a stack of spares, it was buy 3 packs of 5 get one free. Now protected the exposed papers, luckily all in cellophane packets.

Spent the afternoon putting the butterflies together, now just need to die cut their bodies, and start on the flowers. Should finish the bodies tonight and start the flowers tomorrow.

Watched The GBSB last night, was a bit of fun, some of the shirts were fab. Repair shop was good too.

The 8 oclock clap for the NHS and carers was the most lively since it started, Simon and I stood out and clapped with a few people either side of the road, our lone pot banger was out and the ships were in good voice.

Too many cars out for my liking and later in the evening a group of young lads/men were hanging around on the street corner must have been 8 - 10 of them all laughing and play punching and generally messing about. They then got into 3 cars and left with squealing tires and loud music.
                    It didn't look like a lockdown should look to me, almost rang 111 but they had gone before I did.

Take care everybody,

Stay home - Stay safe.

Shelley
                    Last edited by Lilly42; 30-04-2020, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X