Forum doesn't like me anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum doesn't like me anymore

Tried uploading some photos and am told I can't as my 'usergroup' quota is now full. Haven't got a clue what usergroup I belong to or why it is full. Help please. Haven't posted work for yonks so assume the forum is sulking aand getting at me.
    Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Hi Pete, I think Shelley had this problem, I’ve not posted photos for years either, I’m not sure if you need to delete some old photos from your album or from old posts to make room 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave.

Comment

Cou;d be, odd way of phrasing it LOL. I use to post a lot so it could have built up over the years.I'll try and see what I can delete.
      Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Yes, I do have this problem, but you have to delete so many pictures just to post one or 2 that I have given up and just post links to my FB if I want to share.

I deleted about 20 pictures to post one, I gave up becuase this make old posts nonsensical.

I think this new version of the forum has strict quotas.

Its also really clumsy to delete them.

Shelley

Comment

It's likely your photos are massive worth trying https://squoosh.app/ to resize them. I've seen massive HD photos uploaded that wouldn't fit on my screen. 1,000 pixels images are large but seen many uploaded that are like 5,000 pixels

Update:
          We have no limit on the number of images just a total limit of the total size of images which is 20mb
          1000x1000 image should easily compression to 20-80kb so 1,000 image @20kb or 250 @80kb give or take.

Squoosh is very cool

Last edited by 0103media; 29-04-2020, 12:28 PM.

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I don't call 600kb massive personally. I also can't find any way to acces my photosm to delete old ones which possibly go back 11 years?

Pete
            Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
              I don't call 600kb massive personally. I also can't find any way to acces my photosm to delete old ones which possibly go back 11 years?

Pete

600kb for print but web 20-50kb is plenty

Added a how-to https://www.craftsforum.co.uk/forum/...ete-old-images

Comment

Images I do for the magazine I write for needs images at between 2 & 3 mb They would reject anything as small as 600kb

Pete
                Facebook

Website

Comment

Completely agree, press stuff I send out at 5-10mb with no compression but the forum isn't for print hence 20-40kb per image is plenty
                  The most common screen size on the forum is 768x1024 pixels or an iPad

Comment

That is roughly the dimensions I take my images for the web down to. I take them all to 1000pixels max. dimension in one direction. I don't think my problem here is the size of my images however, It is the fact that am being told I have no room left but can only find 5 images in one gallery, nothing else at all. And yes I have just followed your instructions to the letter and that is what shows up.

Peter
                    Facebook

Website

Comment

Pete, see my reply in How to delete Pictures.

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                        That is roughly the dimensions I take my images for the web down to. I take them all to 1000pixels max. dimension in one direction. I don't think my problem here is the size of my images however, It is the fact that am being told I have no room left but can only find 5 images in one gallery, nothing else at all. And yes I have just followed your instructions to the letter and that is what shows up.

Peter
                        Want me to delete your old photos?

I'm guessing old photos don't show in "media" tab so I need to remove them. I can see deleted post with images but the images are still stored.

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post

Want me to delete your old photos?
                          Go ahead.Anything before 2017 is now redundant at least and I have't posted a huge amount since then.
                          Thanls

Pete
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

Done tons of free space now

Comment

Thank you. See if I can post some images again LOL

pete
                              Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                              X