Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 17th

Morning All

Slightly damp today, the garden needs the water though. Still going through the decluttering have emptied 2 storage boxes yesterday. The cutting out table will be sorted today, have piles of paper patterns that can be dumped. Not used them for at least 10 years if not more. Then may start on the small Ikea drawers, they are in blocks of either 3 A4'ish or 9 small drawers. Have blocks 8 to go through.

Not much else to report as not doing much. The Dyson cool me arrived and so far very good. Did not need on yesterday but may put on low in the sewing room to purify the air before I start work.

Morning Linda.

HAGD & BBL x

Caroline posted this while I was still typing my morning missive, so if you're bothered about my waffle you'll need to read the other thread.

Meanwhile, carry on here for daily news.........

Linda

Comment

Morning all....
      Bright spells bursting through cloud.

Yesterday finished cutting the church window again but this one is A3.
      Sue mowed the back lawn, I did the edges.
      Cooler today so I’ll wash the cars once we get back from walking the dog.
      Last night, neighbours and us were on the doorstep clapping, I have an Indian double ended drum ( don’t ask 😆) called a Dhol that booms a treat when you whack it so I gave that a thrashing outside too, then the dog grabbed the handle as she hates it so I was trying to whack it and play tug of war as well, much hilarity ensued...
      Nothing doing today, loads to mount, no frames, might just put them in mounts and leave it at that until I can get some.
      Have a goodun all...

Dave.

Comment

Morning all.

Raining here now although it was lovely earlier on this morning.

Did my trip to Bristol, straight there and straight back. Mum was calmer but for the first time she didn't know me which was a hard pill to swallow. Will be there again tomorrow. Hoping the new tablet works, an anti psychotic, to take the anxiety away hopefully and calm her down. If it works we may be able to get the carers back, if not there is another they can try. My Sister and I can only do the caring while we are furloughed, but will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Shaw Trust set up a WhatsApp page for the staff but I have completely lost it with them. Bunch of self centered, pathetic, whinging woman complaining because they can't go back to work and a couple bending the rules and going in to do the shop windows and change the stock over to summer as they are going to 'check the security anyway'. They should be grateful they are safe at home being paid 80% of their salary for doing b****r all. There are a lot of people out there who don't have that privilege. I'm not the only one outraged by this so we have set up our own support group before we say something we may regret when we have to work with them again LOL

Well done Caroline on getting on with the decluttering.

You are going to have a nice lot of stock Dave for the Christmas market when we come out of this.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Afternoon all,

Rain from the start and continuing through the day. No sun at all. Waterbutts gratefully filled, they were getting empty and the pots were drying out.

Caroline still sorting and decluttering, enjoy it.

Linda, I did read your post. I did post yesterday evening, all is good here. Glad you are ok and not overdone the gardening, why not collect more dandelions, there will be plenty for the wildlife.

Dave, the church window sounds good will have to have a look. No need to wash our cars now, rain has done the job of removing the worst of the dust.

Mo, sad times, hopefully the tablets work and you can organise the help they need.
          It takes all sorts, do you think your associates are trying to gain brownie points for when you all do return? At least you know who is on which side and what to say to who and keep yourself out of trouble and the cat fights.

More of the same here, except for happy dancing as the grant has arrived I can now relax and get on with staying safe, no worries and no need to go out for weeks now. Paperwork next week, some pleasant time spent doing the VAT and paying bills.
          Finishing off the last crochet square of this section, then edging and assembling the section.
          Sainsbury delivery this evening, so cupboards full and most of the laundry done, the weather is improving so the last of it tomorrow. I think I will make a start on some cards this weekend, starting the jigsaw today.

Take care all, stay safe - stay home.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
          X