Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 14th

Morning all

Wow is it cold back to the long sleeve tshirts today. Froze yesterday and had to dig out a cardigan.

Sorted through the box in the garden room, a lot has gone to charity the rest keeping. Lee carried the box upstairs for me, forgot to shut the sewing room door. A furry creature arrived with a roll of lace in his gob and started to chew. Rescued said lace took back upstairs and found some pearl card nibbled along one edge. Now this is a dog who will be 9 in July! Our vet was right Goldens do not get out of puppy hood until at least 10 if not later. Should know better as this is out third and know what they are like. Stupid dogs though always bring where you are sitting so you can see what they are up to. Attention seeking.

The Marie Kondo drawer is looking so good think may gradually get all the others done as well. Just have to be in the right frame of mind.

Feel better now my shop is on holiday, did put in on Shelley then took off again. I can use this time to concentrate on sorting, decluttering and making new items. Maybe even some cross stitching, don;t hold your breath on the latter. lol.

Hope you all had a good Easter break, well lockdown and are all fit and healthy.

HAGD and BBL x

Morning all! Much brighter this morning and nowhere near as much breeze around, but still very cool.

Yesterday - slobbing day! Spent most of it in the armchair staring at the laptop screen with long dead ancestors and even more people who aren't related! Quick fb conversation with a distant cousin in Basingstoke and I've completed the link between us albeit some dates missing. Also filled in various missing spouse names, plus a number of dob and dod, and managed to add a lot more people as kept finding additional children to families!

Today - OH out of the house at 6.45am to get to supermarket for 7.00am opening - he's thinking it won't be too busy, but not back yet after 80 minutes so maybe more people around than him! In the meantime I've done the usual general clearing up, sorting out and also got the vacuum cleaner round his usual slobbing about area. Not sure what else, but still plenty to do.

Caroline - well done on getting the box cleared and putting some stuff out for re-homing one way or another. Sounds like Shiloh enjoyed himself too!
    Mo - did you manage to get creative yesterday? Certainly wasn't the day for spending time in the garden if you weren't actually gardening.
    Dave - people are to quick to "judge a book by its cover" - so many of these individual people do tremendous amounts of good work for the community; they don't go shouting about it, but rather spend their time and energy benefitting those less fortunate. Love Winter Solstice - another design reminiscent of the arts & crafts movement.
    Shelley - family tree - see above. Our position not as idyllic as you might think - we do have neighbours, but our road is also treated as a race track by "yoofs" with souped up lawnmower mopeds and cars with noisy exhausts. Trouble is we get it twice per vehicle as it is a no through road - pedestrian traffic only across the rail track at the end, but that's hidden round a bend and people don't read the road signs. We used to get lots of heavy industrial traffic down the road as earlier sat navs still showed it as a way to get to the other part of the village and the foreign lorry drivers in particular followed that information religiously - they had to reverse 1/4 mile back to the main road as nowhere to turn round and ditches either side of the road!

HAGO & BBL
    Linda

Comment

Good morning all.

Beautiful sunny day but cold. My phone said it was still only 2deg at 8am. Should warm up a bit later. It was a bit chilly yesterday but there were the odd times we could sit outside and have a cuppa and we managed to go for a short walk via the fields to post some letters.

Fiddled about with some painting. Rifled through some drawers for a sun hat pattern but think they must be in the boxes and boxes of patterns I filed away 8 years ago. Maybe another thing to sort through while I am home.

Good shutting the shop Caroline takes a bit of pressure off you and you can create as you fancy rather than to fill a gap in the shop.

Off to Dundry to see my Dad and Sister this morning to discuss what to do about Mum. Some hard decisions to be made I think but everyones safety has to be taken into account. The lockdown will make a difference to the access to care.

Will take the opportunity to do a little shopping while I'm out and Dad needs bread too, then we won't have to go out again this week.

Stay safe all,

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Morning all....

Bright and sunny here again, highs of 12 degrees.
        Yesterday was sunny enough but in the afternoon it went quite nippy.
        Need to do our weekly shop which is pop into the Co-op at the bottom of the road then up to the greengrocers at the other end, about half a mile away for the weeks veg.
        Might set Winter solstice into a frame, she’s not glued in yet just sat there for photo purposes.
        Got a few more on the go but they aren’t new ones, just time fillers.
        Need to try and get our buildings insurance down, had a quote, gone up by £400 compared to last year. We are on a floodplain but the lowest risk group never been flooded, never made a claim in 25 years so a bit miffed at a £2000 premium! 5 years ago it was £500!

Have a goodun all
        Dave.

Comment

Need to try and get our buildings insurance down, had a quote, gone up by £400 compared to last year. We are on a floodplain but the lowest risk group never been flooded, never made a claim in 25 years so a bit miffed at a £2000 premium! 5 years ago it was £500!
          OH had to talk to our insurance company a couple of weeks ago - premium had gone up by £600 - nearly 60% increase on last year. Got it reduced considerably, but still rather high
          We're on a flood plain, had to make a claim in 2007 but that was because the drainage system in the area hadn't been maintained and couldn't cope with the downpours.

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Sun is shining, temperatures are rising.

Caroline, glad you are happy with your decision to put your shop on hold and concentrate on getting things sorted and made for when we come out the other side of this craziness. Oh, he sounds so huggable and sweet but mischievous so Golden through and through. Our dog was a mutt, terrier cross, but friends of ours had two goldens and dark chocolate one, so got to know them a bit.

Linda, Goodness, I couldn't get Simon out of the house at 6:45 in the morning unless he hadn't gone to sleep yet On a good day his earliest is 10am of his own volition. I hope you made good use of your free access and slobbing around day

Mo, hope your visit goes well. Sorting seems to be the order of these days, you might be inspired by what you find in the pattern stash.

Dave, it is amazing how insurance just goes up, never down. I redid our building insurance in January managed to find a deal at half the price of the company we had been with for the last 30 years, you would think you would get something for loyalty, but it seems not so I decided to take my business elsewhere. I did wonder if they rely on laziness for me to just keep paying an inflated price. We went with Axa, slightly different becuase its business insurance too, but they were cheaper.
            Enjoy the revisiting some cuts, they can't be exactly the same each time, can they?

Today just going with the flow, laundry on the go and the kitchen floor to clean. More crochet too. Think I might start on some more cards later in the week, have some ideas growing.
            Weather looking better on Thursday, Friday maybe some more garden time.
            Now we have the food deliveries sorted, everything is now just ticking along, had confirmation of the grant, funds to be paid in Friday. I am trying to be calm, cool and collected about it till its actually in the bank but the remittance advice is pretty good confirmation so I have to admit to a very happy dance. We can now comfortably keep the shop closed as long as needed and I won't have to worry about getting infected One very happy bunny.

Take care all, stay home, stay safe.

Shelley

Comment

I couldn't get Simon out of the house at 6:45 in the morning unless he hadn't gone to sleep yet
              Got it in one!

On a good day his earliest is 10am of his own volition.
              That's still the middle of the night as far as my OH is concerned! 11.30 to midday is about the usual, sometimes as late as 2 or 3pm.

I hope you made good use of your free access and slobbing around day
              I did

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post

OH had to talk to our insurance company a couple of weeks ago - premium had gone up by £600 - nearly 60% increase on last year. Got it reduced considerably, but still rather high
                We're on a flood plain, had to make a claim in 2007 but that was because the drainage system in the area hadn't been maintained and couldn't cope with the downpours.

Linda
                The annoying thing is Linda, our postcode is in the least risk group, never been flooded, nearest house that has is 220m away...I can go on a price comparison site, my company (bank) is on two of them, putting all the details in exactly the same, around £350 with the same company. I phoned another this morning, they say that their online one would reject our application and advise phoning if the postcode was high risk. Anyway, its a complaint and going off to the FCA because the same business is quoting me twice with £1700 difference for the same product!

Dave.

Comment

The annoying thing is Linda, our postcode is in the least risk group, never been flooded, nearest house that has is 220m away...I can go on a price comparison site, my company (bank) is on two of them, putting all the details in exactly the same, around £350 with the same company. I phoned another this morning, they say that their online one would reject our application and advise phoning if the postcode was high risk. Anyway, its a complaint and going off to the FCA because the same business is quoting me twice with £1700 difference for the same product!
                  That's much more than annoying! Definitely needs and official body to check things; I hope you don't have to wait too long for a response.

Linda

Comment

That's still the middle of the night as far as my OH is concerned! 11.30 to midday is about the usual, sometimes as late as 2 or 3pm
                    Yes, it is most of the time for Simon, I did say on a good day. 1 - 2pm is normal.
                    If he does get up early for him it is weird, good but weird at the same time. Sometimes it is timed well and I can do something, other times its no difference.
                    During the depths of the winter there are days he doesn't see daylight, sort of sad but he doesn't mind.

Dave thats disgusting, how can they get away with that? I hope you get a result in your favour from the FCA.

Shelley

Comment

Yes, it is most of the time for Simon, I did say on a good day. 1 - 2pm is normal.
                      If he does get up early for him it is weird, good but weird at the same time. Sometimes it is timed well and I can do something, other times its no difference.
                      During the depths of the winter there are days he doesn't see daylight, sort of sad but he doesn't mind.
                      I think they must be twins!!! It's much the same here

Linda

Comment

If I remember correctly their birthdays are within 24 hours, Simon is adopted and has known that since he was a young boy, his mother always wanted him and his unrelated brother to know the truth. So they could actually be twins - separated at birth. There must be cases of twins who born either side of midnight and so one is technically a day older.
                        Of course they could also be years apart.

Stranger things have happened

Sorry just the brain running free.

Comment

Working...
                        X