Easter Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Sunday

Happy Easter one and all. Beautiful weather we are having, still no rain were due some tonight but now not! Would not believe how long the watering takes. Think we need to set up a drip feed system them turn on the tap and let the garden water itself.

Fabric did not arrive. We had the post van come round with parcels but no walking postman. My order sent 1st class on the 2nd arrived yesterday, can now breathe although only a small item felt bad for the buyer. Just hope she does not give me a bad review. Will flag to Folksy if she does as out of my hands.

Have not got a clue what I am doing today. Fixed the drawer, threw out loads of old tshirts and refolded the rest Kon Marie style, looks so organised even Lee was impressed. The rest of the decluttering is going too slow for me, may be ruthless today and not think about what I am throwing out too much. Just go for it. If not though about or forgotten I had will go.

Have a happy day and enjoy the weather plummets to 11 degrees tomorrow. x

Good morning all and a Happy Easter.

The sun is shining but more cloud today still had breakfast outside though.

Didn't do a lot yesterday and no idea what I'm going to do today. Plenty I could do need to shake a leg and get on with it really.

Make the most of the weather as Caroline said it's going to get colder tomorrow.

Don't eat too much chocolate.

Have a good day stay safe and well.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Afternoon all! Had a luxuriously warm morning but breeze picking up now and changing direction to cool.

Yesterday I did almost an hour attacking weeds at the front of the house. Noticed the dandelions had gone crazy so picked a bowlful and, with what I had frozen last year, cooked up to make a tea which will eventually be made into jelly or honey. Had to come in when back threatened to seize up, spent a couple of hours in the armchair, but did start one of the small cross stitch designs. Spent most of the afternoon lolling in a warm bath, then a bit of crochet in the evening.

Today - Ancestry have got free access to some of their records this weekend and have got involved in yet another branch(es) of the family and finding lots of info to note down and check up on once access ceases. Spent about 90 minutes outside clearing more weeds and chopping at a bit of the overgrown hawthorn hedge, then back inside and plan on spending the afternoon on family tree research and resting my back. Have strained the dandelion liquor and it's now in the freezer to be ready for when I a) get low on general stock and need to refill shelves or b) have a vegan festival in the offing (current vegan event is for end of May so am expecting it to be cancelled).

Caroline - I (eventually) came to the conclusion that the only way to declutter is to be ruthless with stuff, and not look too closely at things that are being cleared. (However, I would have kept the t-shirts to make no sew tote bags with them - I find these are a good replacement for the dwindling supply of plastic carriers when I want to pass things on to other people).
      Mo - not surprised you didn't do a lot yesterday after receiving unsettling family news. Look after yourself and after the family meeting you will be able to get back to some sort of organisation of your life, even if it means changes to what you have been used to.
      Dave - finding more jobs to do around the house and garden? Hope Sue and Flo are adjusting to the life changes ok.
      Shelley - hope everything is OK and you have been spending time in your newly sorted and cleared garden

HAGO
      Linda

Last edited by craftdancer2; 12-04-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Evening all,

Absolute corker of a day. 24c and wall to wall sunshine.

Caroline sorry your fabric didn't arrive, do you often get post on a Sunday? We haven't had any since Thursday, won't get any till Tuesday. We never get any on a Sunday. I would hope your customer would have the sense to realise that things are not normal and its out of your control, she should just be happy to get it if a bit late. Hope the decluttering goes well.

Mo, sorry to hear your news, hope the meeting goes well, did I understand correctly you are going to have to go somewhere? if so take care and as many precautions as possible or just do it all online?
        I am not surprised you were at a loose end with sad news like that its hard to settle, hope it gets better.

Linda glad you are taking advantage of the free online sites, they do that over bank holidays from what I remember. I am glad you make use of dandelions, I never have weeds in my garden, all are welcome, I think the concept of an unwanted plant is odd, I agree sometimes they need pruning and controlling but not eradicating and as to weed killers they have no place in my garden, the "wild flowers" (weeds to some) feed so many, I even have a pot of stinging nettles tucked out of the way, butterflies love them.

Dave busy? enjoying the sun?

Yes Linda I was fine, yesterday spent all day in the garden, crocheting, listen to the quiet and the birds and the radio, radio 4, some good dramas and some factual programs entertaining while lounging in the sun crocheting away.
        Today pretty much the same, except I swapped out the radio for my tablet and watched sky go while crocheting, done 3 squares now, 1 and half per day, means I have done 60 squares halfway to finishing the throw, if this weather continues I will finish it by the end of the summer.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, but then the temperature should be improving towards Wednesday, so Monday, Tuesday time for some much needed HW and then back out into the garden asap, reallying enjoying it. I missed last summer becuase of my leg and the summer before that was my cataract summer.

Another sainsbury order coming tomorrow, between 8pm and 9pm, apparently a green delivery slot, only £1.50, not sure why. No subs listed this time so hopefully all will be as ordered.

Take care all, stay home, stay safe.

Shelley

Last edited by Lilly42; 12-04-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I am glad you make use of dandelions, I never have weeds in my garden, all are welcome, I think the concept of an unwanted plant is odd, I agree sometimes they need pruning and controlling but not eradicating and as to weed killers they have no place in my garden, the "wild flowers" (weeds to some) feed so many, I even have a pot of stinging nettles tucked out of the way, butterflies love them.
          I only use some of the dandelions and the ones I picked would have been mowed with the grass anyway. There are plenty left for the bees and other wildlife - our total plot is around an acre and nearly half of that is a paddock which we have never touched in 21 years. The garden, complete with several mature trees and wild hedges is almost untouched. He cuts the grass every now and again, usually when it's got so long we can't see the cats wandering through it unless their tails are up in the air! LOL!

I'm just clearing grass and small plants from the cracks between the (very) crazy and uneven paving around the house, mainly as a safety thing as when it gets so bad you can't tell there's paving underneath it it becomes very dangerous and slippery for anyone coming to the door.

Linda

Comment

Working...
          X