Monday 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 6th

Morning all, raining and Lee watered last night as several of the pots were crying out for water.

Finished some more edging in the garden. Our next door neighbour (85) chatted to Lee and said she loved the colour of his fence pain. Me thinks she may be doing the same herself before long. She does tend to copy but she is so sweet and manages in that big house all on her own. Her housekeeper comes in a couple of times a week for her and that is it.

Should be decluttering and clearing the garage today, seat to put in the garden. Then I can put the charity boxes in the seat's place, ready for my decluttering. Think may do a stock take and sort some of that lot first. Always said I want the stock to mirror image my Folksy store, Dymo printer at the ready. May add some of the older bits to Fleabay just to shift them.

Not much else to report. Do you think there will be a total lockdown after people disobeyed yesterday?

stay safe folks x

Morning all! Very fine rain and cloudy at the moment although wind is much calmer and not too cold. Supposed to brighten up and get warmer as the day progresses.

Yesterday's time in the garden was just under an hour before my back started to complain, then I indulged myself with a couple of hours soak in the bath. Didn't get round to any craft stuff sorting, but did get bed linen changed and washed what I took off the bed.

Today, apart from clearing up the kitchen as usual I'm not sure, but think the weeds and overgrown vegetation are safe from me and my tools today.

Caroline - sounds like your batteries are fully charged and ready to go; hope you get everything done, but not at the expense of your back!
    As for a total lockdown - wouldn't be surprised after yet more stories of selfish, ignorant, inconsiderate, greedy muffins who think rules and requirements don't apply to them
    Mo - hope Pete didn't have too long a wait to get the shopping and you both managed to enjoy some time in the garden
    Dave - busy dog walking, or buried in piles of confetti/paper/scalpels/mounts etc? Hope all is well.
    Shelley - making the most of the weather to be out in the garden? Hope you're both OK.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning Linda, take care of your back.

We have done the garage and the car started first time. Looks very tidy now, car back inside and ready for a cup of coffee.

Comment

Good morning.

Had some rain overnight but nice and sunny now. Watered the plants in the greenhouse as I forgot last night.

Couldn't resist and got the cushions out for the garden seating so a bit wet now. Had a lovely day all told yesterday. After the shopping expedition and my collecting the valuables from the shop we went for our hour long walk then came home to sit in the sunshine for the afternoon and read. Very relaxing and felt like a proper weekend. We are so lucky to have so much open space around us which we hardly used and didn't appreciate before. Have done three completely different walks so far. Leg can feel it this morning so maybe I keep to every other day for the walk at the moment. We walked over some quite rugged tracks up and down hill so a good bit of exercise.

Going to do some work today. Pete has an order for more tapestry bobbins, perfect timing, so I may get on with some pyro and ink. When we have eaten the bread we have out I will give the soda bread a go as I have the wholemeal flour now and maybe try another type as I have yeast too.

I see Caroline is up and going early. Glad the car started.

Hope the clear outs go well.

Catch up later.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Are you enjoying the freedom Mo? Well done Pete on an order.

Did hold my breath with the car Mo, pushed the button and just fired up. I sat and prayed while it drove out the garage in case it hit anything. Still not 100% confident of it doing this sort of thing but so far so good. It can correct to a cm so far more accurate than I could be.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
            Are you enjoying the freedom Mo? Well done Pete on an order.

Did hold my breath with the car Mo, pushed the button and just fired up. I sat and prayed while it drove out the garage in case it hit anything. Still not 100% confident of it doing this sort of thing but so far so good. It can correct to a cm so far more accurate than I could be.
            I am Caroline. Really strange at first and had a couple of wobbles, more to do with the circumstances than being at home. Still feel I have to work every day as Pete is in the workshop all the time. Foretaste of retirement to come LOL

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I can always stay out of the workshop if you would rather dear. LOL

Pete
              "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
              Facebook

Website

Comment

We do not go out much but also had a wobble last week. Think a lot of it is your independence has been taken away and do not realise how much that means to one until it happens. Our lives are now controlled by an invisible force that seems relentless and we just feel out of control of ourselves. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Afternoon all,

Sun shining all day here and warm.

Caroline it must be odd just watching it drive itself, handy if you have a garage thats tight for opening the doors. I am glad it went well. Your neighbor sounds sweet.
                  Great feeling when you get things sorted, enjoy.

There should be a total lock down, people sunbathing in groups, people having BBQs, even if its one family they are sharing over the garden fence and other dumb things. A discussion about this on FB with few of my real world friends had us wondering what we could do, ring 101? or the police? take matters into our own hands? then one of my friends typed one word, had us laughing and seriously thinking for a split second that it was a good idea, the one word was - snipers

Linda its always a good day's work doing the bed, for me anyway. perfect drying weather out there. Give your back a rest, you deserve it.

Mo not surprised you couldn't resist sitting out, it looked lovely, Pete definitely looked relaxed. Your "fish pond" looks like another masterpiece in the making.
                  Had to look up tapestry bobbins, never heard of them and I have done tapestry since I was about 8 years old. Found out its a form of weaving, very confusing, but everyday is a school day Just as the Bayeux tapestry is not tapestry but embroidery.
                  Well done on an order Pete, in these times very good going.
                  Mo, don't worry about working just cos he is, Simon pays no mind to that game We often do the same amount of work in a day but just not at the same times. The way I look at is as long the important stuff is done, then you can pretty much do as you please, think of it as a dress rehearsal for retirement

Dave busy? have our posts crossed?

Yesterday spent the whole day feeling rotten with dreadful heartburn again, didn't abate till about 8pm. Had our first Sainsburys food delivery at about 8:40, was scheduled for between 9-10pm, I had gone out to the shop to turn the lights on and put my box on wheels out ready when I saw him turn up. All good, but I think somewhere between the front door and the kitchen 2 of the 6 eggs broke, I think a combination of bad packing and Simon enthusiastically putting it in the kitchen. By the time we had eaten and I had put the shopping away it was gone 10pm. Feet up for the news and then a bit of silly telly and off to bed early for me, before midnight, I was just worn out with the heartburn and indigestion.

I did spend more time in the garden today and finished off the whole of the left side and half of the right side, can't do anymore to the right side as its where the coal and wood are stored. I am going to do the bottom of the garden tomorrow, moving out my bench and tidying and sorting behind it. Hopefully Simon can fix my bench from it's wars with the teepee poles falling over. After that its beyond my ability to clear under the kitchen window, too heavy. Will just have to wait till things change and I can get a couple of strong younguns to help move it. I will tidy up the best I can.
                  I will do some photos when done.

Once I have done the bench and sorted out under it, it will be time for some just sitting in the sun and enjoying the quiet and the birds. I will take some hand work to do or a good book.

Simon says he going to tackle pruning the apple tree, it does need it.

Supper now, sandwiches I think, then some colouring or crochet maybe.

Take care, stay home, stay safe.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
                  X