Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 24th

Morning all

Pleased you are home safe Mo, seemed a pointless exercise having to go in with the shop shut. Wonder how many bags will be dumped on charity shop porches now as more people have time to declutter. We are going to store in the garage as attached to the house and dry. Not that I can be asked to clear atm, not sure where my motivation has gone. On that note the bunny bags are photographed and will publish from tomorrow over 3 days.

How are you getting on Linda?

Shelley gardening or card making?

Dave cutting or resting?

Mo busy finishing projects as they come flying off the lathe from Pete?

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Bright, sunny, dry and slightly warmer this morning. Actually warmer outside than it is inside the house

Yesterday, I did get all the financial paperwork up to date - spent a long time looking for a 50p deficit, but it kept my brain occupied for a while "Business" accounts are finalised for the year so just need the bank statements for April and I can do all the figures for the tax return when it arrives. Brother had an email from GP surgery telling him he's vulnerable group (COPD and cardiac problems), but he managed a conversation with the nurse and she's happy that he knows enough to take sensible precautions without being totally restrictive. Doesn't help that his partner is over 70 so there's now two vulnerable people in the household.

Today, wedding anniversary - fortunately got him a bottle of vino and card a couple of weeks ago when I got his birthday present. We would normally go out for a meal/takeaway, but not this year of course. Came downstairs to find a huge puddle of water on the utility room floor, from the fridge freezer; thought that one had sorted itself out, but apparently not. For the last few weeks I have kept a cloth under the front where it was dripping water before, but of course this puddle has originated from the other side of the front edge! Had been going to go to Barton for some essential supplies but we have enough milk for the next few days, so everything else can wait a bit longer. Not quite sure what the arrangements are at the supermarket for letting people in/out - quite a small shop so not going to be easy to keep the statutory distance.

Caroline - hope you're migraine free this morning; how did the gardening go yesterday?
    Mo - what a relief that the shop is now officially closed, at least for the duration. Not quite sure how much work you can do from home, but hopefully some of the stress is lifted.
    Dave - glad things are OK at your end - there's plenty of food of all kinds in the system, just the greedy ignoramuses (apparently now throwing out fresh food which is past being edible and causing disposal and environmental health problems) who grabbed everything they didn't need causing problems. Local farm shop usually has plenty of eggs, but they've now shut the shop to the public to concentrate on deliveries, so I'm going to have to message or email them for eggs and have delivery although they're only just over 1/4 mile along the road.
    Shelley - hope you can find some fresh and not "processed to within an inch of its life" food very soon. Good idea to do a scrap book/diary - one day it will be a historical document and people will treat it as valuable information the way they do with WW1 and WW2 diaries etc today.

Stay safe everyone, and keep fingers crossed that this situation starts to resolve very soon, but also teaches the world some lessons about use of resources etc etc
    HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Sorry about your leak Linda, all you need atm.

The gardening went really well sat at the embroidery machine this morning. Folksy folk are closing their shops still keeping mine open but only sending in the PIP boxes, no need to venture into a shop for those. Feel they are being a bit quick off the mark as can still exercise. Maybe doing this in a town is harder as more people. Went for a walk yesterday only saw the geese waddling up the road!

Comment

Sorry about your leak Linda, all you need atm.
        Thank you Caroline - although I'm more inclined to think it's a blockage somewhere rather than an actual leak. Unfortunately, despite several good looks I can't see where the blockage might be from inside the unit and it's far too big for me to move it to look at the back. As it still seems to be keeping the food cool/frozen I'll just have to go with it as it is for now.

Yes, much quieter round here - more like it was 20 years ago when we moved in, except hardly any horses now (used to be called horse city!)

Linda

Comment

Good morning all.

Stuck to our new routine getting up time. I thought that being home know would feel like a rehearsal for retirement but it doesn't at all. In limbo, full of uncertainty and though I hate to admit it, slightly scared. Sure I will get over it when I settle down to the new routine. Need to give myself something specific to do each day, got a long list of stuff so no excuse. Concerned for my parents and sister, all high risk. My Dad has no choice but to go out three times a week for dialysis.

Beautiful sunny day here again so after my check in call at 10 if there is nothing I have to do for work going to clean the bedroom then after lunch get out into the garden again. Pete is out there now chopping back the rambling rose which has put out huge growth tendrils and would very soon take over. Need to keep the wisteria in check too. It comes from our landlords place but we are trying to train it along the new fence and she said yesterday feel free to hack it back as it needs it. Seems everyone is pruning late because of the weather. Our honeysuckle had flower buds before Christmas but no leaves now covered in new growth. Last year it put all it's energy into flowers but hoping it will ramble a bit more this year and cover the handrail up the steps behind the seating area. Need to move around some of the pots. We really have far too many plants, most of which are in pots. Pete came home with a Qumquat tree from Lidl yesterday full of fruit which is sitting in the conservatory right now.

Happy anniversary Linda. What a pain about the leak again. Hope it's repairable and gets sorted soon.

Think you are probably right to keep trading while you can Caroline. If this situation can sort itself out in the next 6 months we should hopefully be into the run up to Christmas. people should be in a positive frame of mind, wanting to get back to normal and maybe even feel they deserve a treat or two themselves. Can but hope.

Hope you manage to get proper food supplies Shelley. Surely if you have a copy of the letter stating your position and some ID, the shops should let you in the priority times.

Keep your peckers up all and keep safe.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Morning all....

Bright and sunny here, forecast for the next few days.
            Yesterday I bit the bullet, got the mower out and cut the grass, first cut of the year.
            Need to re coat the decking for this year, might as well get the house and garden jobs done if we can’t go out and about.
            I went to the outlet yesterday to remove my work as it closes next week, thought I‘d only got nine there, seventeen!😆😆...few frames needing a bit of attention, nothing major.

Nearly finished two cuts, just grabbed three more templates to keep me going...
            Considering its urgent journeys only, the road outside here is as busy as ever....

Stay in, stay safe all..
            Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post

Thank you Caroline - although I'm more inclined to think it's a blockage somewhere rather than an actual leak. Unfortunately, despite several good looks I can't see where the blockage might be from inside the unit and it's far too big for me to move it to look at the back. As it still seems to be keeping the food cool/frozen I'll just have to go with it as it is for now.

Yes, much quieter round here - more like it was 20 years ago when we moved in, except hardly any horses now (used to be called horse city!)

Linda
              We still have the horses. Loads of stables around here I used to ride 3/4 times a week. Too old now.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
                Morning all....

Bright and sunny here, forecast for the next few days.
                Yesterday I bit the bullet, got the mower out and cut the grass, first cut of the year.
                Need to re coat the decking for this year, might as well get the house and garden jobs done if we can’t go out and about.
                I went to the outlet yesterday to remove my work as it closes next week, thought I‘d only got nine there, seventeen!😆😆...few frames needing a bit of attention, nothing major.

Nearly finished two cuts, just grabbed three more templates to keep me going...
                Considering its urgent journeys only, the road outside here is as busy as ever....

Stay in, stay safe all..
                Dave.
                No movement where we are Dave. Teacher up the road is home but she is doing online teaching with her pupils from Bedales. Next door but one work from home anyway. Across the way run their own business from home. Either side fully retired as are the end three houses. So quiet.

Comment

All the neighb’s on the road are home pretty much, Julie next door, paediatric nurse is at work, plenty of empty taxi’s up and down. We went round the block with the dog for our one daily outing, saw two people, usually really quiet here in the week anyway.

Dave.

Comment

Can't even see the road from where we are, it's a one or two minute walk away depending which way you go !! Coming home from work last night though, very, very quiet.

Had first conference meeting this morning. Waste of an hour really. Think they are trying to feel they are keeping us occupied. We had to try and get up to date with paperwork, fortunately all my on line stuff had been done. Told to go into 'workspace' our ST help and info site and see if there was anything we could do there and report back later. My workspace wasn't connecting so had to call up IT to sort it. We are all supposed to have a shop Faceache page. Can't see the point really except we have to be happy clappy on it. As no one is confirming or denying we will be closed before the end of the year I am going to suggest I set mine up while working from home. Should keep me busy for a couple of days. If they tell me not to it will confirm my suspicions but think they will go with it as a way to show something positive being done. Can't shout about what we have in the shop as not opened so will have to think of something else to post about .............. corona virus maybe !

Our friend/landlord next door is retired. Her son and family down the lane are working from home as the business is on site but they are keeping away from everyone as they have a one year old baby. The gardener / handyman is still coming in as so much to do in the grounds and making the most of the fine weather and we can all keep well away from each other. Apart from that no neighbours to deal with.

Glad you got your artwork back Dave.

Enjoy the sunshine in safety. Off outside till 4pm and the next check in.

Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk
                    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Afternoon all,

Sunny and mild here.

Caroline sounds pretty much like business a usual for you, with a few differences. I am sure your mojo will return as it always does

Linda, congratulations. Hope you have a nice day together. Its not a notable number is it? Its our 45th in July, maybe able to organize a quick registry office visit by then. Our plans have had to go on hold.
                      Sorry to hear about the freezer, hope it gets sorted.

Mo, glad you are settling in to a routine and hope they don't give you too much makework, a waste of resources but I suppose they need to do something. Enjoy the gardening. Hope you find time for some of your beautiful pyro and Pete is spinning away.

Dave you must have strong grass, ours hasn't even peeped out yet, nothing to cut unless I used nail scissors. Enjoy the DIY and time for cutting. Guess not much different for you two, same as most retirees.

Its been a strange morning, didn't get much done for some reason things kept getting the way. I finally got the craft magazines downstairs into the shop and so rang our next door neighbor to let him know they were on our doorstep for him to collect, he knew all about it, had discussed giving them to him a couple of weeks ago, just the delivery method changed Had a quick chat with him on the phone about things, he is still open for the rest of the week and then closing, he could stay open as is a timber shop and falls in the category of DIY shops, but feels his customers will stop work soon anyway.

Our neighbours a few shops down rang to say they needed Simon's help with their heating again. They are the tropical fish and pet supplies shop and rather than heat each of their 50 or so tanks they just heat the room to tropical temperatures, great in the winter, stifling in the summer. Its a 25 year old system that needs constant nursing to keep it going. I think they are not too many years from retirement and don't want to spend money installing a new system, the whole shop has that rundown, worn out feel to it. Very nice people, so happy to help. Simon came back clutching a bag of wild bird seed for me as I have runout, so the birds are now fed and happy. I have put in a bulk order with RSPB yesterday so stocks arriving in a day or 2.

Then as Simon was going in and out, 3 people tried to get in the shop together, they were all out for a stroll and decided to ring the bell and try and buy something we didn't sell. I am afraid I lost it a bit and rather loudly proclaimed WE ARE SHUT. Simon said calm down I will deal with it. He sent them packing, politely and locked the door. I just don't understand it.

I then managed to calm down and finish off a couple of office bits.

Here in the big city, they are just wandering around like its a holiday. The roads are busy, the shops that are open are busy. I saw several groups of mums with pushchairs and kids strolling around in the sun as if it was a normal day. I really expected it to be much quieter, maybe it will change as time goes on.

I have received my letter/text telling me I am in the vulnerable group, Sainsburys say ring this number if you are and you will get prioritised delivery slots, took 24 hours to get through to only get a recorded message telling they were very busy and cannot take any calls at the moment. Arrgh going round in circles.
                      So I am going to go at 8am tomorrow in the vulnerable hour and see if I can get some food and sort it out in store. I would rather not but I don't have any choice.
                      I have several hundreds of pairs of hospital latex gloves left behind by my friend in Spain who used to be a physiotherapist. I shall put a box in the car and wear a pair round Sainsburys, then I can take them off to drive home and so hopefully not contaminate the inside of my car. I hope the gloves will also remind me not to touch my face.
                      I do actually have some face masks but they were bought for when I use my wood lathe and so are for particulates, don't know how much use that would be. But gloves seem useful.

Things are closing down faster than the TV advertising, so normal looking on tv, wonder if thats one reason people are not understanding the seriousness of the situation. Can't see the amusement parks opening but still advertising them on telly and loads more forbidden things.
                      The clothes people are worried, who dresses up to stay home? No more Mc d's, although takeaways are alowed to be open. Its all very bitty and without any sort of powers to back it all up.

Never mind, if my food cupboards were full I would be quite happy, not much different here.

More card making, gardening tomorrow, missed the sun today what with all the goings on and its chilly out of the sun. Our garden is postage stamp sized and the sun rises over it and moves away by the afternoon at this time of year so need to catch it around 12ish.

Take care all and have a great day.

Stay safe,
                      Shelley

Comment

Hi there, sorry of this is the wrong place to post, I have just signed up and not the best with technology

I am new to making wax melts and I have just realised that I have bought the wrong wax. I have opened the box and have used some already so I can't send this back to the supplier. I have also bought a lot of the clam shells but the wax is too soft to pop out easily. Can anyone advise if I can add another type of wax to make the wax harder to be able to go into clam shells, if so which brand should I use? I stupidly bought the 22kg box so I have A LOT of wax to use. I know I can make candles out of the wax but rather just stick to making wax melts. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Comment

Sorry should have said I have a 22kg box of Golden Wax 464.

Comment

Working...
                          X