Monday 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 23rd

Morning all another beautiful day and may be spending a lot of the time in the garden.

Another slight migraine this morning, think watching too much news.

Finally finished the bunny bags and never again, well maybe next year if they sell. The last one went like a dream but did keep checking the instructions. lol.

Have put my Folksy shop on holiday as forgot the postage went up, need to get that sorted and no easy way to do it apart from each item. Have 434 listings!

HAGO and BBL x

Morning all,

Bright and sunny here, hopefully the grass is dry enough to cut and tidy up.
    Before we came home the kids called and said they couldn’t get eggs anywhere so on the way back I thought we’d divert off and see if the farm had any as its pretty much in the middle of nowhere and unless you knew where the honesty shed is or you were local, you’d miss it. I got there, loads of trays full so I grabbed some for us, the kids and the family next door. After all that, Ben had some, Amy didn’t because her OH won’t eat them unless the date is stamped on, (his loss) the family next door loves them plus their mum is a paediatric nurse, not been able to get any so was glad of a tray.
    Don’t know whats round the corner with this one, worrying times...
    Stay safe all...

Dave.

Comment

Morning All! Bright, sunny and dry again, but a very noticeable frost on the shady side of the house. Forecast showing temperatures in double figures again, but yesterday was so cold I had to wear gloves (fingerless) and put the heating on.

Yesterday - a quick trip out in the car to deliver the cat food to the charity. Nipped into the Co-op in that village got loaf of bread and box of cat food, but spent more time waiting for people trying to park their vehicles in the small car park than I did in the shop - obviously not used to using small areas! (I have a small, easily manoeuverable car). Apart from laundry most of the rest of the day spent knitting and family tree-ing.

Today - following the pattern of going with the flow and trying to get myself moving mentally - so tempting to curl up under a blanket and watch rubbish TV.

Caroline - hope you have a fun time in the garden and your migraine doesn't develop - take care
      Mo - will seem strange in the shop today, but hope you can cope with the situation, and no more ridiculous directives come your way.
      Dave - hope you got back home OK and everything is well there.
      Pete - more online marketing work today? Hope it goes smoothly and you get some time to do what you prefer to do
      Shelley - how are things going with the sorting, cleaning and reorganising? Don't overdo things.

HAGO
      Linda
      Last edited by craftdancer2; 23-03-2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Good morning all. Lovely bright and sunny day.

Off to the shop shortly as I don't have to be there till 9, no stuff to do to greet the public beforehand. It will be interesting to see what has happened over the weekend and what new directives we will be getting.

Enjoy the weather in the safety of your own gardens, keep well.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Well we have been sent home to work as from 5pm today, the shops close for the duration. Can't really see it being less than 12 weeks.

Had a lot of packing up of stuff to do today, paperwork, cancelling rubbish collections and Rags and dismantling my computer. Have to log in to a live call twice a day, 10am and 4pm for constant updates Monday to Friday. They are trying to find us things to do at home. If we have any experience of medical stuff, care working or such like they will redeploy us to the NHS. The rest of us just see if there is any admin we can do via our work laptops which we have set up at home.

Looks like it's isolation time excepting for a foray to get fresh food. looking forward to a couple of days pottering in the garden if the weather holds. We are not very social animals so don't think it will be to much of a problem for us, plenty of R&D to do. May have to go for a social distance walk if it gets too much LOL

I can't see them reopening our shop again and if they made me redundant we would be delighted. Every cloud and all that.

Celebrating with a botle of fizz tonight, that's the diet scuppered for this week !!

Have a good evening all, stay safe.

Mo XX

Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Its been glorious sunshine but chilly here today.

Caroline hope your migraine is gone. Sounds like a good plan putting your shop on holiday.

Dave well done on the eggs, could do with some of those here

Linda did you manage to resit curling up and having a duvet day? Mind you nothing wrong with that once in a while.

Oh Mo, sort of very pleased for you, just hope you will get all the benefits you are due and things won't be too difficult for the two of you. Pete doesn't sound very happy on FB about self employed people losing out.

Well more of the same here, got my letter well a text to say I am officially on the vulnerable list and have to stay in for 12 weeks. Wouldn't mind if the cupboards were full. Sainsburys doing special hours for old and vulnerable so looks like I will be going out at 8am on Wednesday to get some food in, really getting sick of pot noodles and cereal. There is a number to ring to register as vulnerable but constantly engaged so can't get preferential delivery or even click and collect.

Tomorrow hope to spend some time in the garden, weather should be milder. Still working on the cards, decided to start a lockdown scrapbook/diary. Found an unused photo album, its very plain wired bound kraft card and should do the job, hopefully transform it to a colourful book of memories. Day 1- its official.......

Take care everyone and stay safe.

Shelley

Comment

To be honest, personally we are OK and can cope but there are a lot of others out there who are gong to find it all a struggle being self employed. Happy about Mo working from home and if she gets made redundant I wil be celebrating LOL. I just feel that for years the govenment has been encouraging people to go it alone but now seems to ignore them.

Pete
              "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
              Facebook

Website

Comment

Oh good, glad to hear that Pete. Without wanting to sound too selfish most of us on here I think will be ok.

I have quite a lot of musician friends and loads that work backstage and own their own large P.A. companies whose tours have just ground to a halt, not sure what they will be doing. All the main festivals have been cancelled and many of the venues that have closed may never open again as they were only just clinging on anyway. A sad day for the musical world.

They are the ones working in the original "gig" economy and have none of the protection and help.

I hope everyone is ok and no one falls through the net.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
                X