Signature etc haS disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
    LOL. This all started when someone said I should put my web site in my signature. I assumed (wrongly by the sound of it) that it wasn't visible to people. Duh !!

pete
    Yeah, that was me I think Pete, I didn’t look, just wrongly assumed that (as usual with this damned new site template 🙄) it had all just disappeared, its nowhere near as user friendly as the old one. I still get boxes just randomly disappear or stop working to edit and remove notifications etc...🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave

Comment

Not a problem, I agree the new template isn't really up to scratch. Maybe I am just getting old....actually think I have officially got old LOL

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

I have to admit for the most part its okay, I just find the tiny limit of pictures we are allowed to post now very frustrating and have basically given up and just point people to my FB page to share my work and I am sure that wasn't the original idea of these forums.
        Oh and a serious lack of emojis.

Sorry moan over.

Shelley

Comment

If it's any consolation Pete I can't see anyone's links to websites or social media pages on their posts.

Linda

Comment

Linda, go into your user controls, choose account details, scroll down and you will see a Show signature, tick the box. That is of course if you want to see them

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
              Not a problem, I agree the new template isn't really up to scratch. Maybe I am just getting old....actually think I have officially got old LOL

Pete
              Me too Pete....it all went downhill when the “Hiding behind the settee” emoji disappeared 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

Dave.

Comment

T'internet/electronics or summat playing silly b's again - I posted this morning that I can't see anyone's links (hadn't realised before this thread), but not showing up now I've logged in again.

Linda

Comment

Linda did you choose "show signatures" and did you save the changes?

Shelley

Comment

Only just seen your comments Shelley and have tried to follow instructions.

When I click on save changes I get that big stupid error box and this time it says email addresses must match. The only place I can see an email I have tried reproducing it in the box below my user name - same result, then I tried cut and paste it from above to the box below and still same resulting stupid box.
                    It does not tell me which email addresses and what they should match with so I have no idea where else to look.

I'm not desperately bothered, just posted originally (which I see has now appeared in the list of comments) to let Pete know I was in the "can't see it" group, but also wondering why, all of a sudden I can't see these things when I could before.

Linda

Comment

I think there may be other gremlins in the works at the moment. Its not so important,

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post
                        Only just seen your comments Shelley and have tried to follow instructions.

When I click on save changes I get that big stupid error box and this time it says email addresses must match. The only place I can see an email I have tried reproducing it in the box below my user name - same result, then I tried cut and paste it from above to the box below and still same resulting stupid box.
                        It does not tell me which email addresses and what they should match with so I have no idea where else to look.

I'm not desperately bothered, just posted originally (which I see has now appeared in the list of comments) to let Pete know I was in the "can't see it" group, but also wondering why, all of a sudden I can't see these things when I could before.

Linda
                        You need to remove everything from the 'enter new email' box, which is for some reason is automatically populated with your user name. You should be able to save then.
                        george
                        www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                        www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                        www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

You need to remove everything from the 'enter new email' box, which is for some reason is automatically populated with your user name. You should be able to save then.
                          Thanks George, I've tried that (again) but still getting the error box and not able to save the information.

Not pursuing this any further, it is not important to me whether I can see signatures or not.

Linda
                          NB: now doing my usual morning check through the forums and can now see signatures and associated stuff on posts. Can only assume some software somewhere threw a wobbly and has now settled down.
                          Last edited by craftdancer2; 23-03-2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Testing... This test account can see signatures but admin can't hmm
                            Sig test ?

Comment

Originally posted by craftyking View Post
                              Testing... This test account can see signatures but admin can't hmm
                              can only see sigs in the “Change signature” box when I use the “ mod” button at the bottom.

Dave.

Comment

Currently, this seems to be the only way, will update if I can find a way to update all "old" members.

To show signatures, you will need to:
                                1. Click "User Settings" on the drop down from your user name on the user facing side of the site.
                                2. Click on the "Account" Tab.
                                3. Scroll down to where it says Visible Post Elements.
                                4. Check the box that says "Show Signatures"
                                5. Save the form at the bottom of the page.

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                                (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X