Monday 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 16th

Morning all! Bright and sunny, little wind, dry, temperatures supposed to be reasonable.

Quick post first thing to beat Caroline, but I expect she'll be back from taking car to MoT and posting packages very soon.

Yesterday had a sudden spurt of energy and cleared out and tidied the second wardrobe, the cupboard at the side and the towel cupboard. Some clothing and several board games put out for charity, several towels demoted to kitchen use or even rag bag. Rest of the day on family tree and knitting.

Today, got up chuntering to myself about OH not having taken bin out for collection, then realise when I was about to do it bin goes out tonight and it's not Tuesday yet! Plans today - make large batch of bolognese sauce - tea tomorrow sorted and there will be enough to put in freezer and make another two or three meals. Taking OH out to tea at the local pub tonight - brother and girlfriend coming too and they are chauffeuring so I'll be able to have a glass of vino. Don't know what else, but tidy/sort/clear fingers are itching so might brave the unsorted craft stuff again.

Caroline - fingers crossed for your car; am awaiting chap to collect mine for MoT.
    Dave - must be busy, hope all are safe and well.
    Mo - shop again - wonder how many bags of detritus will be piled up at the door for you to sort.
    Pete - busy creating and doing the boring admin for selling online.
    Shelley - door locked all day, so plenty of time to do what you want when you want. Sure you won't get bored for some time yet.

HAGO
    Linda

Morning all....

Late report yesterday, busy getting ready.
    Bright sun and nicely warm here in Cardigan bay, the sea is flat. Been on the beach with Flo, not a soul, glorious. Hopefully it keeps up all week.
    Bought a load of cutting, no orders, they’ve gone, just stuff to make up stock.
    We’ll have a good dust around today as its been shut up for nearly four months then off to Aberaeron for a nice long walk.
    Good luck with the cars, my MOT isn’t until August..
    Mo, back to the same old, hope you find treasure again 😁
    Shelley keeping busy...

Dave.

Comment

[email protected]@er!! Car failed MoT - a couple of small points - something electronic and something to do with front axle balance. However, parts have been ordered and car booked in for Thursday, all without me having to do anything Good job brother is chauffeuring this evening.

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all, went to the garage early left the car, went back an hour later and all passed. Had only done 2000 miles since last year. Think may use them for servicing next year as very pleasant chaps and saves the long drive to Farnborough.

Sorry your car failed Linda, so annoying and then you have to book in again to have the repair rectified and retested etc. Still should all be done by Thursday evening for you.

Dave the trip to the seaside sounds delightful, enjoy.

My other order of canvas has arrived, know what I will be doing tomorrow. Posted off Sister's gift and card, early but you never know with deliveries etc. Had 2 sales yesterday to the same lady via Folksy for 2 of my bumble bee brooches. Think maybe for Mother's Day.

Melanie (old schoolfriend who ordered 5 of the pansy tissue cases) is sailing back and should be home by Wednesday P & O have refunded the cost of the full cruise. They should have been away in the Med until next week. Could not pull into port anywhere so asked the passengers if they were happy to return a week early.

Cancelled my meet up this pm with Marcia, have suggested that when warmer we can sit outside so less germs etc. She has been so sweet and offered to collect prescriptions etc if we do not want to go out.

Better get Lee a coffee has has mowed the back lawns, painted the patio picket fences and 2 gates. I have just topped up the compost and top dressing in the 5 patio pots. The tree peony in one of the beds is growing well and the one in the front has 6 massive buds on. The star magnolia is also in full bloom. Love Spring.

Speak later x

Comment

Sorry your car failed Linda, so annoying and then you have to book in again to have the repair rectified and retested etc. Still should all be done by Thursday evening for you.
          Only annoyance is that I've had to cancel lunch with my friend on Wednesday - haven't seen her for over a year because she's had major family health problems to deal with. No annoyance directly related to the car as the part ordering and booking to do repair and retest had already been done by the garage before the car arrived back this morning
          I rang up to pay today's invoice and have been told to leave it and pay everything when it's all sorted

Had 2 sales yesterday to the same lady via Folksy for 2 of my bumble bee brooches.
          Excellent news

Better get Lee a coffee has has mowed the back lawns, painted the patio picket fences and 2 gates.
          Think coffee is well deserved

The tree peony in one of the beds is growing well and the one in the front has 6 massive buds on. The star magnolia is also in full bloom.
          Nature not bothered by the Covid-19 panic then - just getting on with it as usual

Linda

Comment

Evening all.

Beautiful day, shame I had to be in the shop.

Soooooo quiet, only 6 bags of donations and barely took enough money to pay my wages if it wasn't for the rag collector adding £34. Had 'words' with Area Manager about shop cover or rather lack of it if the over 70's ban becomes mandatory. I will lose my best volunteers and Jen and I will lone work for most of the time. I explained that doing the back room stuff will be very difficult when on our own. With so little footfall, I had only taken £9.65 by 11am this morning why can't I open to the public at 10am instead of 9am so I can do computer stuff and steaming first thing. No way, we will just have to do the best we can she said. Ok lady we will do our best given your parameters but that won't be what's best for the Charity. Had another phone call later asking what hours Jen and I do and if one of us was off how many extra hours would we have to work to man the shop. I think I made it quite clear that there is no way I am working there 6 days a week if Jen is sick for a month or more. She has respiratory problems already and if she gets the virus she will be pretty ill.

I didn't do a lot yesterday, kept the washing going, a bit of ironing and some photos for Pete to put on line, real lazy day.

Congratulations on the sales Caroline.

Enjoy Wales Dave.

Sorry to hear about the car Linda lad it will all be sorted quickly though.

Shelley hope you are enjoying your lock in with loads of crafting to do and your health issues are not proving too debilitating.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Evening all,

Glorious sunshine today and mild.

Linda shame about missing your friend but perhaps its a blessing in disguise in view of the new advice from the government.
              Hope your car is back to you MOT'd and not too expensive. Bolognese eh, I am going to cook up a batch of mince and turn it into cottage pies, three meals at least.

Dave probably the best place to be at the moment, deserted beaches and a lovely place to be. Hope you and Sue stay well and happy.

Caroline glad your car flew through the MOT, well done on the orders. Glad your friend is ok on the ship, I have two friends in Australia not due back for another week, I wonder if they will have be quarantined. Lee has been busy, coffee definitely earned.

Mo, they should shut. Social distancing is the government advice and if Jen has lung problems she is direct by the government to stay at home and stay away from the public. I am sure you would both be well within your rights to just close.

That is why we have closed. I am not exposing myself for the sake of a few sales, business has dwindle to a trickle and its not worth it. I had a man and his child (8-10) come in and ask if we sold paper labels???? what. I don't want exposure for something we clearly don't sell.

So as of tomorrow we are closed for at least 2 weeks and maybe more, we will be available by phone, email and FB during our normal opening hours.

Lots of crafting, HW, and if the sun continues to shine - gardening. We haven't had a holiday for about 5 years apart from xmas so I am actually looking forward to this as long as I stay well I don't really mind. We get his pension and other benefits so we will be fine. I am applying for the grant so all good.

I have the 3 butterfly cards to get on with and then back to my flowers, so lots to do.

Take care everyone and stay safe and healthy.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
              X