Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 13th fingers crossed etc.

Morning all

Cold but dry and hope to get a good long dog walk in today, so hard atm as he hates getting wet so just doing loads of short walks. Would rather get it done in one long go. Lee started to paint the gate on the patio, he did the house side went to the garden side and he said the wind was biting so did not bother.

Made the pillow slip yesterday, went well after a couple of false starts. Working out the flap to hold the pillow in place but did it. will publish tom.

Today starting on the tissue case order and managed to get a coin purse and wrist key ring out of what was left. The fabric arrived for the 2 peg bag orders, may get them cut out for tomorrow. No sales on Folksy this month but have had commissions so happy.

Hope you are all keeping well

HAGD and BBL x

Morning all! Was bright when I got up but sun is hiding now. However, much less breezy than yesterday and dry although had rain overnight and it's very chilly.

Yesterday turned out better than thought - ended up popping to a house just round the corner to meet/say hello properly to the lady who lives there. She also makes and sells preserves and her husband is a beekeeper; I've been aware of them for quite some time but never really met before. Had a lovely chat with her and found out we've got quite a lot in common; went for 10 minutes and stayed for 90! Spent the afternoon dealing with paperwork and finances, so now have a clear desk and full filing cabinet. Even managed bits of family tree and some knitting before tiredness overcame me.

Today, OH is supposed to be going to his Mum's so it will be mucking out time in the "pit" and give the vacuum cleaner some exercise. Having vague thoughts about making more stuff with frozen fruit and juice, but do wonder whether it's worth it until I sell stuff and have a bit of storage space. Beginning to wonder if the three events I have booked in the next few weeks will go ahead, and if they will be supported if they do.

Caroline - Mo is right and you have got your Duracells in again! Shame you haven't had any sales this month, but commissions are good.
    Mo -
    Some days are better than others. A woman called in yesterday and left a bag of '' Jewellery bits and pieces '' Lots of costume toot but also found at the bottom of the screwed up bag boxed jewellery in silver, 9 and 18ct gold worth about £900 including an 18ct gold and diamond cluster at £400 !!
    Wow!!!! That is some find; should help your ridiculous sales targets for a week or two (thought things on that front might have improved with your new CEO, but it seems it's just gone the other way - what planet are these people on!)
    Dave - pleased Sue's car passed MoT - mine goes in on Monday for the same. Coronavirus/Covid-19 - yes, sick of hearing about it here too. Far too much information being thrown at us from all directions and such a lot is utter rubbish or irrelevant to Joe public in the street.
    Shelley - pleased your appointment was cancelled, but also a nuisance as it would be good to get it over and done with. Surprised that the hospital left is quite so late to notify you though - would have been better if you'd known on Wednesday. Obviously in the current situation not good for people like yourself to be getting among the coughs, colds and sniffles as well as the serious illness encountered in places like hospitals.

Time for more coffee, back later.
    HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Good to chat to neighbours Linda. Any new people in the road (only 10 houses) I always do a new home card breaks the ice. People in the village stop and talk even if they do not live near you. A very friendly place to live.

Comment

Afternoon all,

Dry,sunny and bright here, not too cold either.

Caroline back on course with your pillow slip, can be tricky getting the opening to lay flat and neat, and if you have a tricky pattern it can be fiddly. Still got fresh batteries I see

Linda, thats amazing, 2 of you so close. Do you consider her competition? What I mean is does she sell her wares like you do you or is just something she does for herself and family? Did OH go out? have you been giving the vacuum a much needed outing? Hope your car flies through the MOT.

Dave ready for the off? Wales looking good for the coming week weather wise as is the most of England.

Mo, what a haul!! A veritable treasure trove. Do you sell the jewelry to a jeweler directly or sell if for scrap (sad face)? Can't imagine you having it to sell in the shop or do you? Hope this takes the pressure off at a time when it is much needed.

Today I am just so glad to be at home, its not like I have any pain or am restricted in anything I can do becuase I haven't had the procedure. Taking into consideration its also a Friday the 13th I am so glad it was canceled, I am not superstitious at all but it does play on your mind, and I can't help but feel psychologically it impacts, it just adds that one more layer of "what if".

Working on butterflies and flowers today for Mothers day cards. I wonder if the smaller sellers on line will do better over Mothers day as people don't venture out and buy online?

Simon's birthday on Sunday so should really crack on with a card for him, I may have something in stock suitable for him. Got him a telescopic, bendy torch so he can see inside speaker cabinets, amplifier racks and all the dark corners people store their equipment in. They like to hide it away in basements, under stairs and bars to keep it away from the public.
        I might bake him a cake if I can get eggs.

I have found out we are eligible for a grant from the government becuase of the C.virus. So need to get on and apply, a not too shabby £3000.00 so worth doing and if we do get it I may close for a week or so at the peak of the virus to safeguard myself. I also might not have any choice, business is slow and could get slower and not worth opening for.
        If gatherings are banned and pubs, clubs and venues close there will be no business.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Shelley

Comment

Afternoon all....

Nice and bright here but nippy.
          Sue is out having a new “Do” today so I’ve been left on my own, finished and framed another “ Green man”, must have cut him in double figures by now...
          Got to get a cutting kit ready for Wales, print a few templates off.

Linda, nice to find out about people, especially good if they have interesting hobbies etc. Here people say hello but the older gen tend to say hello but not get into conversation....then there’s the cliquey factor🙄....I don’t conform 😆😆

Jackpot Mo!.....do you have an appraisal the sell them elsewhere as they are high value items? Nice find either way.

Shelley, hope this Coronavirus doesn’t affect business too much, everything seems to be affected so far...

Caroline, commissions are as good as sales, well done 👍🏻

Dave.

Comment

Thanks Dave, going to apply for this grant then the worry and stress won't be there - money wise.

My friend rang to ask had I done her butterfly cards, yes I have. Oh good will be round later to collect. Then I realised I hadn't done the photos yet so I whipped out the photo box and took some pictures. I can't upload them no space left again. Arrrgh

Will post a link to FB with them in a bit.

Shelley

Comment

Caroline -
              Good to chat to neighbours Linda. Any new people in the road (only 10 houses) I always do a new home card breaks the ice. People in the village stop and talk even if they do not live near you. A very friendly place to live.
              Not many houses in our road (next door is 15&16 - two knocked into one - we have a name), but we're on a major dog walking, person walking and horse walking route and lots of people will say hello as they go by.

Shelley -
              Do you consider her competition? What I mean is does she sell her wares like you do you or is just something she does for herself and family? Did OH go out? have you been giving the vacuum a much needed outing? Hope your car flies through the MOT.
              No, not competition at all - she makes mainly sweet preserves from her own fruit orchard. She does sell but I think she tends to stick to smallish events much closer to home, although I have mentioned to her that I find I do well at other sorts of events.
              OH went out and the vacuum and I, plus a damp cloth spent a lot of time collecting and disposing of dust and spider webs.
              Thank you - fingers crossed the car is OK, but if it isn't the garage will sort it for me.
              My OH's birthday on Monday - another pisces, no wonder there are many similarities
              Good news on the grant eligibility - it will ease things financially for a short while.

Dave -
              especially good if they have interesting hobbies etc. Here people say hello but the older gen tend to say hello but not get into conversation....then there’s the cliquey factor🙄....I don’t conform
              Two non-conformists here, but there are a few people around who are also non-conformist so understand, or who are happy to take us as we are.

Linda

Comment

Evening all.

Lazy day, late getting up as I didn't have to be up for anything or anybody.

Had a phone call at 9.30 from the shop, thought ok what's gone wrong, but it was an excited Jen saying she had just sold two of the pieces of jewellery. Yes, I have a tame jeweller in the town who always appraises and weighs the jewellery for me so I know we are charging a fair price for the customer and the charity. The diamond cluster is gorgeous but doesn't have a hallmark although I know it's 18ct white gold. No one is going to put that many real diamonds in base metal or silver and the jeweller confirmed it. One of our regular dealers would have bought it if it was hallmarked but not really bothered it will sell eventually. Bought a lottery ticket today if I win £400 on Saturday it will be mine on Monday LOL

We have had an email from our event organiser regarding our first event of the year at RHS Wisley first week in May. As a gesture of good will he is refunding us 15% regardless of whether it has to be cancelled or not as the threat will undoubtedly deter some people from attending. If it is cancelled by government dictate he is going to refund 80% in total which is amazing. Legally he doesn't have to refund us anything and they will have spent a huge amount pre event to get it up and running which they won't be able to get back so his offer is super generous. Unlike some we always make sure we don't go into any sort of debt to do an event so although we will lose 20% of the fees it could be so much worse. I usually pre book accommodation on a prepaid no refund policy as it an be a lot cheaper but this year I didn't thank goodness so if we have to cancel as long as its 48hours before we won't get charged.

Today has been a shopping day. My contract phone was due for an upgrade last August but earlier in the year it went wrong so it was repaired FOC and returned with a complete upgrade so no reason really to do it again in August. Time had come though and further investigation has got me a cheaper contract with 3GB instead of 1GB so I'm a happy bunny. Number transfer will happen on Monday and have stuck with Samsung but changed from Vodafone to o2.Will have fun and probably a lot of frustration getting used to it over the next couple of weeks.

After that it was a trip to the supermarkets as we haven't really done a big shop for weeks, goodness that hurt the wallet, but the freezer and fridges are full as is the larder again. I need to make sure we have tasty and interesting meals so I keep to the diet plan and plenty of stuff to take lunches to work and keep me away from the temptation of the bakers counter !!

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk
                https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Linda wow just a 24 hours apart, no wonder they are so similar, its almost spooky. Glad you don't feel your neighbour is going to step on your toes so now you can build a nice relationship.

Mo glad you had a nice day off, lots of shopping ready for the big hibernate? New phone to play with, have fun. Good news on the event refund, I think we are going to be seeing the Dunkirk spirit over the next few months. Put the kettle on and keep calm

Take care everyone and have a good evening.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
                  X