Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 10th

Morning all

Wet and cold here, just have to dust downstairs this am, Lee did all the heavy hoovering yesterday. Load of washing to do but at least all the bedding has been washed and dried.

Moved the knitting wool box yesterday and found underneath a pile of sew in interfacing, can start to stitch like mad today and catch up. Had to do a relist on Folksy this morning and want something new to post.

Welcome back Mo, sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Linda how is the family tree going?

Dave what are you working on today?

Shelley how are you with the Southampton hospital business, has it reopened yet?

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all! Weather can't decide whether it's sunny or dull, but breeze isn't too bad and after overnight rain it's dryish now. Temperatures good for the time of year.

Yesterday, was general household stuff, visit to chiropractor (usual maintenance visit and lower back not too bad but she had to work on my neck and jaw area), visit to brother for cuppa and catch up. Not even mentioning the stuff I did on the computer while sat in the chair! But caught up with more recorded TV (think I'm winning at the moment). Found a couple of events to try in the next few weeks - one local and one near Lincoln; booking form received, completed and ready to post for one of them.

Today, no internet first thing and took a lot of switching off/switching on and resetting to get connection. Booking form for second event arrived overnight so need to print, complete and get ready to post that one. Rediscovered the Hull Scrap Store yesterday; have never visited, but decided I'll mosey over the Bridge and see if I can find the place and have a mooch today. I'll need to pass very close to a major supermarket on the way home so will do weekly shopping there if I can find my way round a shop I've never been inside before

Caroline - how frustrating to find, hidden in a corner, something you thought you didn't have and ordered to complete current WIPs! Looks like you may need to have another sorting out/reorganising session at some point, but I'm sure all the interfacing will get used eventually. Family tree is progressing slowly - am managing to match up occasional duplicates, detach children who were born before or after death of parents, and add more spouses and children.
    Mo - hope the shop isn't too dire as today is the day of gruesome weekend "donations". Am sure your AM and volunteers will have looked after things during your absence.
    Pete - back to the spinning! Hope the lathe doesn't complain too much.
    Dave - more Met Office warnings for Wales on the forecast today - not sure how close it is to the area you visit, but hope it's not as bad as they say. Driving around our area yesterday, still a number of fields with huge lakes where there should be ploughed earth, and lots of water in ditches etc on the wrong side of the flood defences built after the last lot of destruction.
    Shelley - Caroline asked the question, but I was wondering how the current health situation will affect your deferred surgical procedure; have you had any communication about it?

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...
      Dry here so far, river high in Wales, flood defences are now down here so they obviously don’t expect a rise about the road.

Today, is a flying visit, got to go out in half an hour and get the new hot water cylinder drain the old one and swap it all over, that’ll be over half a days worth then I ‘ll have to go to town to get my new glasses, was going to leave it, need to see how much time I have.

Tok mum to see the retirement living complex, lovely place, bingo, quiz night, coach trips etc, come and go as you please, 24 hr helplink if they fall etc by using emergency buttons, heating bill in with the service charge, everything you could want pretty much....I’m not holding out much hope, she keeps throwing in ridiculous reasons against it so I’ll just let her decide, annoying because she keeps asking to move as its a rough area, says house, stairs and garden are too much, scared to go out after dark etc....oh well.

Dave.

Comment

Tok mum to see the retirement living complex, lovely place, bingo, quiz night, coach trips etc, come and go as you please, 24 hr helplink if they fall etc by using emergency buttons, heating bill in with the service charge, everything you could want pretty much....I’m not holding out much hope, she keeps throwing in ridiculous reasons against it so I’ll just let her decide, annoying because she keeps asking to move as its a rough area, says house, stairs and garden are too much, scared to go out after dark etc....oh well.
        Took over 2 years to persuade Mum to move out of her 3 bed semi (hadn't been able to cope with stairs for years), as she'd been in it for over 40 years.
        By the time we'd got her on the Council list, viewed umpteen properties and finally found her somewhere she was too far gone down the Alzheimer's route to cope - lasted 18 months there before the care home
        If only she'd given in earlier she might have had some happier times before the evil disease got her.

But if you push them too hard, they just dig in their heels and say they can cope - it's that generation (and stubborn old biddies like me!).
        Hope she eventually decides a move would be for the better - for all concerned.

Good luck with the hot water cylinder job.

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Dry, grey and milder here.

Caroline, its amazing what we have hidden in corners, I often know I have something but can't find it till I am looking for something else. Now you can get on with the WIPs.

Linda and Caroline - the hospital here has had one confirmed case and have closed the high dependency unit. I spoke to them this morning and my procedure is going ahead and I am expected to show up on Thursday at 2pm for pre assessment and if all is well 12 lunchtime on Friday for the actual zapping I must admit to being more worried about the virus than the zapping, so lots of hand washing and sensible precautions. The lady I spoke to at the hospital says they are taking all precautions to keep it safe for their patients, but still.

Linda we have a scrapstore here, literally 500 yards from my front door, I have absolutely no idea why I don't make more use of it. It might be their odd opening hours, makes it difficult to get there. I should and want to use them more, maybe in spring.

Dave, Wales looking good then, no flooding on the horizon. Hope you get a bit of sun.

Mo and Pete back in the swing of the daily grind again? Hope life lets you back in gently

Today need to pop out and get some food in, not sure what to do about the weekend, Friday will be a wipeout as having a GA, so Saturday may well be hazy. Might just go with the flow and maybe have a take away or something. Just need to stock up on cat food
          Going to work on the flowers over the next few days to try and relax and take my mind off things.
          I also need to take photos of the finished butterfly cards.

Take care everyone and have a good day.

Shelley
          Last edited by Lilly42; 10-03-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Linda we have a scrapstore here, literally 500 yards from my front door, I have absolutely no idea why I don't make more use of it. It might be their odd opening hours, makes it difficult to get there. I should and want to use them more, maybe in spring.
            Oh, lucky you! I do understand about the opening hours though (Hull is only open 10-2 Mon-Fri), and with your shop hours it wouldn't be easy to get there unless you can talk Simon into being the shopkeeper for a while every now and again
            There was one in Sc***horpe many years ago, but having checked, it closed in 2005.
            This was my haul from my visit today for the grand total of £11.50 - the ladies there were very friendly and helpful:
            11.50 bargain from Hull Scrap Store 10 March 2020.jpg
            The fabrics are lightweight upholstery, the two rolls are lightweight canvas and the other roll of stuff is what is used for vertical blinds, but I'm going to use it for stiffening the base of the bags I'll make - at least eight from each piece. The box is self adhesive white sticky labels of the size I use for the preserves and the polystyrene balls will be covered in some of the festive fabrics my patchworking friend gave me last year and used to decorate the stall when appropriate.
            A worthwhile visit

Linda

Comment

Yes Linda, that’s our position exactly, mum doesn’t have Alzheimers but she goes a bit vacant sometimes. She phoned my sister about it, was supposed to have called us back this morning with a yes or no but she didn’t, we finally got hold of her at around 4pm, by which time they had been allocated so although she is next on the list, the next one could be years away....we’ll just put the forms in and all the details required and leave it at that...this is the second property now, its annoying when we try to help when asked but then she tends to not bother....that’s oldies for you 😆😆

Dave.

Comment

Evening all.

Wet and miserable in Wiltshire that and the Virus threat is keeping the punters indoors I think.

Getting back to normal routine now. Two days in the shop and I don't remember being away for a week. Pete has got the washing done and I am off tomorrow so can blitz the ironing. My Assistant Manager had an operation to remove cyst from her back the week before I went away so heavy lifting was a problem last week but the shop looked fine when I got back. I got as many of the volunteers as I could to do extra hours to help her and told her that her health was primary and it was only a charity shop at the end of the day. She had to close if she couldn't cope, but she didn't, her call.

Shelley I hope all goes well for you.I do think we are over reacting in general about the virus but I appreciate you are in the category of the more susceptible so I do appreciate your concerns.

Dave, less about the oldies please LOL My Mum is well into her dementia but would be really upset if she was moved away from her familiar surroundings now and my Dad wouldn't hear of it anyway. But at 90 she is doing very well. Just had her birthday and wouldn't believe us when we told her she was 90 LOL bless.

Always nice to find something you didn't know you had Caroline. As I am clearing out various cupboards I am finding treasures too. Have to clear out the stock room in the next few weeks that will be a revelation LOL

Looks like you managed to get lots of new treasures Linda. We have a scrap store close by but have never found anything of use there. Maybe we are into the wrong sort of crafts at the moment.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk
                https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
                X