Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 7th

Morning All

Cold but dry. Did a lot of nothing yesterday. My Peltex arrived can make a start on some more projects today, may have to buy a roll of this as used so much now.

Hope Shelley is okay as AWOL yesterday, probably busy in the shop.

Mo & Pete back yet?

Linda what are you brewing today or are you worse, if you are take it easy and relax as you say to me things can always wait.

Good luck today Dave, a couple of local events last weekend were empty hope you have more success.

Shiloh is getting worse as he gets older, when he wanted his tea would just stand and stare at you, starting at 3.50pm. Then he would grunt, now a full blown bark and nudges. His bark is very loud and he always does it right near your ear, in case I did not hear him! Now deaf!!!

HAGD and BBL x

Morning! Dull but dry, slight breeze; winds likely to strengthen and get gusty later on but no rain in the forecast.

Yesterday - didn't have much choice but to be good and rest Caroline! By the time I'd been to the post office in the next village, gone on to Barton and done a couple of chores there and got home I was whacked. Spent much of the day on family tree stuff and did a bit more to a couple of needle and thread WIPs. Managed to stay up a bit later than Thursday, but still went to bed early.

Today - have done the clearing and tidying up, yet more laundry in the machine. Have back massage early afternoon, but otherwise I'm just going to be pottering and doing things as and when I have the energy. Won't be cooking as kitchen area needs its weekly deep clean before I do that and I don't have the energy, but have an event in a couple of weeks so need to give serious thought to notices etc for the stall.

Poor Shiloh, having to shout for his tea! George does the same - never used to hear a peep out of him, but now one of his nicknames is "Mr Shouty"! He's also short on patience sometimes

Caroline - not any worse, thank you, but not quite back to decent fitness. Bloomin' annoying this getting older lark! Hadn't heard of Peltex (most of my sewing has been dressmaking or decorative work) but just had a quick look and sounds like a very interesting fabric and ideal for the kind of things you make.
    Dave - market today? Hope you get some customers, and time to catch up with other regular stallholders.
    Mo and Pete - still abroad, or having to face returning to UK?
    Shelley - Thinking you had another busy day in the shop - hope there were lots of sales/orders/commissions

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Dry and brightish here, bit chilly.

Caroline that Peltex looks useful, may have to get some for stock. You are making some beautiful things lately, are they selling well?

Linda hope you are feeling better after a quiet day pottering and being a cat bed.
      We had a Mr. Shouty and now we have a Miss Whiney, she doesn't so much shout as make grumpy, howly noises, quite loud and annoyed sounding. I am not always sure what she is complaining about, I do the usual checks - water, cat biscuits, litter need cleaning? or just a hello? I think sometimes I get lucky and pick the right one, sometimes I don't think she knows. They have cat flaps so its never that.
      I think they get more vocal as they get older.

Dave was it market day today? if so hope it went well.

Mo and Pete still catching the rays? Safe journey back, hope you didn't go by the recently defunct Fly be and you don't run into problems at the border due to the virus thingy.

Once again yesterday got away with me, I just keep getting sidetracked from popping in and posting and then its 10pm and I figure everyone has gone to bed and it won't get read so not much point, I have thought of just writing a couple lines to let peeps know I am ok but seems a bit odd.

Today I finally realised what my desk reshuffle was for, I have made the larger part of the L shape for crafting and storing machines on and the smaller part for my computer and the 2 monitors. I also found that the lower height of the crafting bit is much more comfortable for working at. It also means that I can have a project on the go and still be able to use my PC without having to move it all or reach over the top of it. I can fit all my crafty machines on now without them hanging over the edge and low & behold my guillotine now works properly that it is stable.

I have made good progress with the cards, both finished and most of the boxes now made. They are cut out and just need assembly. Then I can get on with my Mothers day cards.

Take care everyone and have a good evening.

Shelley

Comment

You have been busy Shelley. Will get down to my rooms when warmer. No sales atm hoping will have some by the end of March. Thank you for the compliments x

Comment

....and then its 10pm and I figure everyone has gone to bed and it won't get read so not much point,.....
          I generally check, and read, the next morning whether anyone has posted after I've gone to bed, so I'd be more than pleased to see something from you at any time of the day or night

Glad the desk situation is resolved and you've completed the cards and made progress with the boxes.

I am not always sure what she is complaining about, I do the usual checks - water, cat biscuits, litter need cleaning? or just a hello? I think sometimes I get lucky and pick the right one, sometimes I don't think she knows. They have cat flaps so its never that.
          We never know what George is shouting about - he sits in the middle of the floor looking at the food bowl and shouts because he wants to go out and all sorts of weird things like that. They have a cat flap, but if the staff are around they do not have the ability to operate it (or even see it is there) - different story in the middle of the night!

Linda

Comment

Evening all....

Been trying to post since 3pm, kept telling me “ Token expired” whatever the hell that means 🤷🏻‍♂️...and cancelling my post..
            Craft fair was ok, footfall average, not sold anything but one of the other stallholders wants a cut so that’s sorted next month, she’s had one or two, is partially blind so likes the large black and white ones as they are easier to see.
            Apart from that, home, 3 lots of gear up two flights of stairs....
            Have a goodun all

Dave.

Comment

Past midnight now,

Glad it went reasonably well at the fair Dave, the stairs will keep you fit

so I'd be more than pleased to see something from you at any time of the day or night

Thank you Linda, that was very sweet to hear and I will in the future post even if I think I am the only one awake
              I see your cats have staff too, I think they all do
              Sometimes Flo looks at me with such a look on her face when offered something particularly obnoxious to eat (even though yesterday it was the bees knees) she looks like she is saying "Just can't get the staff "

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep and see you in the morning.

Shelley

Comment

I am the same as Linda and read yesterday's post first so anytime to suit you Shelley, as long as we hear from you x

Comment

Sorry you did not have any sales Dave but an order is well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X