Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 2nd

Morning all, a bit damp but very cold.

Going to Alton this am to pick up some odds and ends in Waitrose, Sainsbury's and M & S. Suddenly the store cupboard and freezer are running low. Country Market for some more fish water, not for them to drink but to top up the tank. Maybe some more cardinals as they are so pretty.

Back for some cleaning. Have got ahead in the making and finished the yin and yang coasters posted today, plus another gift set for posting tomorrow, so doing well. Posting on folksy daily challenge that is not the actual post. Sales were down in February but hoping will pick up a bit this month. Going to do a Mother's Day gift board on IG.

Not much else to report, had a lovely long walk after lunch only saw the wildlife and one other couple walking their dogs.

HAGO and BBL x

Morning all! Bright, dry, virtually no breeze and very chilly - widespread light frost. Temps due to rise to a heady 7 deg (feels like 3 deg) today.

Yesterday - as predicted, did nothing much except family tree stuff (almost at the end of this section of tidying but no end to the entire project in sight yet). Did a lot of thinking about doing other stuff, but no actual physical action!

Today - as OH's cold seems to be past the worst and he's already up (extremely early for him) I'm keeping fingers crossed he'll do the visit to his Mother and I can get on and do some HW in peace. Will need to pop into Barton for a couple of bits but going to wait until the ice has cleared from the roads.

Caroline - please can I borrow your battery charger? I think my power supply is about empty and you are so energetic!
    Dave - what's the water situation? Hearing reports that levels have stabilised/are receding, but that only brings more problems for everyone. Get any of the cuts finished yesterday?
    Mo and Pete - jealous! Hope you're enjoying yourselves
    Shelley - great when you can swap skills with people, rather than money Hope the door is still fine this morning. Got the desk sorting done?

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...

Was frosty here today, now bright sun.
      Water levels going down, businesses cleaning up...
      Got two cuts finished, one more needs about half an hour spending on it then its done. Two more to start, another popped up in my inbox courtesy of Korina in Aus this morning.
      Hopefully get the frames and mount board today.
      Wanting to do a cut of the plaque on the memorial bridge by us that names local people that died in WW1 & 2. Its got on it part of the poem “For the fallen” , that is copyright free but need to know about the plaque as a complete item so a few e-mails have gone off to various war organisations that deal with monuments, plaques etc to see if they can shed any light on it.

Dave.

Comment

Afternoon all. 26deg, just saying LOL

Mo. XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Afternoon all,

The sun has been shining all day, quite nice out really.

Caroline hope your shopping trip went well and you got the HW done that wanted to do.
          Must admit you had me laughing out loud with images of you filling little fish bowls with special fish water for them to drink When I kept fish we just left the water out for 24 hours before using it and only replaced 3/4 of the water. Seem to be fine.

Linda hope you got your HW done, must be something in the air, my owl got up early for him without any prompting

Dave cracking on with the shredding, more work for you from Aus, the memorial sounds good.

Thanks Mo you haven't said where you are yet, care to share?

Today we had a coal delivery. Otherwise not much happening on our day off. Finishing off the office reshuffle and working on the cards.
          I think the reshuffle has been worth it I have at least doubled my desk space and can now fit my A3 light pad or my guillotine or other bits properly on my desk.
          Need to think about something for dinner, nothing complicated, maybe soup and sandwiches - tomato soup I think.

Take care all and have a good evening.

Shelley

Comment

Malta Shelley, with 2 kids and their OH'S. Complete surprise for Pete's birthday. He didn't know a thing till Saturday LOL

MO.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mo, did you tell everyone else and did I miss it?

Hope you all having a wonderful time and remember to pack some of that 26c and sunshine to bring back for us

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
                Thanks Mo, did you tell everyone else and did I miss it?
                Don't think so Shelley - if you missed it, then so did I

Linda

Comment

Couldnt say anything prior to spoil his surprise. Having a great time. XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X