Sunday 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 1st

Morning All. March already and not long until official Spring. Hope you are all keeping dry, we have calm atm and dry.

Made up the tea pot coaster yesterday, yin & yang today and maybe the rose gift set, will see how I go. Out tomorrow morning so maybe missing early.

HAGO x

Morning all! Very breezy and icy cold, but at least we haven't had rain overnight and there are some large patches of dry tarmac on the road among the remaining puddles. Dyke level is up and down like a yoyo, but at the moment is pretty well down for this time of year, although the garden still pretending to be a haven for waterfowl and wildlife.

Yesterday, got the timing wrong for when I went out and drove through some quick but very heavy rain showers. Weather calmed down after I got home, but got everything done. Finally got the downstairs floors cleaned then spent most of the day on family tree and knitting as George decided I was going to be his cushion/bed for several hours in the afternoon

Today, probably another day of see what happens. Feel I ought to be getting on with something, but feeling tired, OH's cold and cough is fully developed so no way am I cooking for others with him in the kitchen, and not warm enough in the house to be away from cosy corners!

Caroline - on a roll with the coasters - at least they won't take much space in the stock storage, so you can do lots of sets with all those lovely FQs you have
    Dave - hope the river level is still on the downward trend and that the household coughs are starting to ease
    Mo - a day off at long last - spend it wisely
    Shelley - how is the plan for creating more working space in your office coming along? You've reminded me that my paperwork is building up and it is end of the business year this month. I have an event on 29th plus will need to wait for annual statement from bank and pensions people before I can work out final figures for the tax return.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all.

Flying visit today. We have sun this morning but still chilly.

We are off to the airport shortly for a surprise holiday for Pete's special birthday. He still doesn't know where we are going LOL He didn't know we were going anywhere till yesterday morning when I left him a list of stuff to pack while I was at work, told him we were flying Sunday and the temperatures would be in the high teens. Suspense was killing him. He confessed he looked at the flights out of Bristol to try and see where it might be, but we are flying from Bournemouth LOL Not a fan of broadcasting on FB that we will be away but probably won't hear much from me for the next week. Only taking my phone to use with WiFi at the hotel.

Hope it's not too cold and wet here, catch up on our return.

Mo.XX

Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I didn't actually look at flights I thought about it but was disciplined. Not that it would have been any good. Such a devious wife LOL.
        Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

We are off to the airport shortly for a surprise holiday for Pete's special birthday. He still doesn't know where we are going LOL He didn't know we were going anywhere till yesterday morning when I left him a list of stuff to pack while I was at work, told him we were flying Sunday and the temperatures would be in the high teens.
          I didn't actually look at flights I thought about it but was disciplined. Not that it would have been any good. Such a devious wife LOL.
          Have a fabulous time both of you, and

Happy Birthday Pete, enjoy your special day (if I knew how to do it here I'd put a picture of champagne and a very special cake)

Linda

Comment

Have a fabulous birthday Pete and a good time.

Comment

Afternoon all...

We’ve had sun, rain, hail all in the space of an hour.
              Just been out with the dog, she was covered in mud as its still boggy here.
              Cutting later as per, cracking on with it. Need to design a few simple templates for workshops. Got three to frame up, need mount board, couldn’t get to the gallery in the week, HC later, didn’t get there either...
              The river is down a fair bit, defences are in place probably for the rest of next week.
              Happy birthday Pete. Enjoy your break.

Dave.

Comment

Afternoon all,

Sun shining and rain pouring down = rainbows. Its been a weird day weather wise. Bright sunshine and rain. Its not easy photographing rainbows, me and my phone got wet but no pictures of what I could see. Must need a proper camera and some long exposures.
                So first day March - first day of meteorological spring and we have rainbows, I hope it bodes well.

Caroline hope your early start tomorrow goes well. Teapot coaster looks great, what about a tea cosy to match, mind you how many people use them these days, would look pretty on the shelf though

Linda hope you are ok, suppose OH's cold is the one you had the other day, have a good day going with the flow.

Mo wow you kept that under your hat. Absolutely no way I could get away with that. Simon would hate it, not keen at all on going abroad but the surprise bit would have just knocked him for six and he would have refused to go, outright, no question of a surprise anything with him.
                I hope you both have a fabulous time, you both deserve it and hope your travels go smoothly with all the chaos at the moment. Safe journey.

Happy Birthday Pete, have a wonderful time.

Dave keeping busy as per, glad the water levels are dropping. Good that they are mending the defences, better safe than sorry.

Yesterday we had a visit from the nephew of a very dear friend of ours who died a few years ago, he is all grown up now wife, kids, the lot - needed Simons help with an electronics project, in return he fixed our sticky front door. Yeah now I can lock it from inside and the outside. I love barter.

Today I have started my desk reshuffle, should give me back some space to work. I might finish it this evening with maybe some bits and pieces to do tomorrow.

When I have done it I should be able to work more efficiently and get on cards without having to continually shuffle things around to make room for one thing and then put it away to have space for another tool/machine to use.

Have a good day everyone.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
                X