Tuesday 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 18th

Morning all, dry this morning and off to the farm shop to order some pea gravel for delivery tomorrow. Saves us lifting into the car and they always put in the part of garden we want to use it.

Coffee and chat went well and Marcia complimented me on my shop products and my conviction to have cohesive stock. She brought along some of her samples of felted animals, a cut mini crochet teddy which will be a key ring and some notebooks she had made. Very pretty and well done. Her DH had to fly to Singapore on business on Saturday and he had to go via Dubai as no planes flying direct, she is obviously worried not only about the virus but because his phone was still in aircraft mode and he forgot to text to say he had landed safely. She was about to ring the Embassy to search for him.

Oh boy the guns have started over on Longmoor Camp, the house keeps rattling and the ground vibrating. Do they have to be so noisy this time of the morning?

Thank you for your mouse comment Shelley, the tail is more artistic licence to add colour rather than a correct representation. Have been asked to do one with blue highlights for a boy now that is odd.

Hope you are feeling better Dave a lot of this going around atm.

Linda how are the water levels?

Mo sorry about the yukky donations perhaps you should put a large poster on the door and the desk to say that all items must be washed and in good working order, we are not an extension of the utility dump.

Not sure what else I am doing this morning the bathrooms need doing, may get Lee to do his and I will do mine, he! he!

HAGO and BBL x

Morning all, bright here but cold....
    Woke up to the news that the river through the gorge has risen more, all of the access roads are now closed, more businesses flooded, its not peaked yet. Its expected to peak at.....6.7m higher than normal sometime this afternoon. Residents have been out during the night helping to place sandbags etc to minimise damage. Our road is closed, still hear cars driving past...idiots!
    Me and Sue still coughing and sneezing away, had a slightly better night...tried a bit of cutting but it pointless at the minute, can’t concentrate....
    Stay safe all..

Save.
    Last edited by 3dDave; 18-02-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Morning all! Dry, bit of breeze, overcast and chilly. Strong possibility of a shower of heavy rain this afternoon, but hopefully won't be too lengthy.

Yesterday, despite no real plans got some cleaning done and emptied a bit more space in the freezer by using up a litre of redcurrant juice (now several jars of jelly) and nearly a litre of crab apple juice (now jelly). Also liberated 800g rose hips from the freezer, but by the time I'd cooked them and strained them the juice had taken on a very grey/brown colouration, and although smelled fine and tasted OK I decided not to use it so it went down the sink. Found a recipe for a plum and cranberry based Christmas chutney, so planning on making a batch or two of that to use up more the plums; should be nicely matured by the time the festive events get going. Spoke to elderly aunt in Winchester and her building has survived the storms, but roads around have been flooded.

Today, hairdresser's first thing, then weekly shopping. Might have another "see what happens" day after that and see if a repeat of yesterday's productivity happens

Caroline - glad you enjoyed your chat and coffee with your friend. Water levels are still quite a bit higher than we would like, but have continued to recede very slowly overnight. Garden still has lots of mini ponds where there should be grass, so still got the coots and moorhens visiting.
      Dave - good to hear you both had a slightly better night - hope this means you are definitely on the mend. Weather/environental conditions not sounding good - and as you say driving vehicles along a closed road, only idiots with no sense of self survival would be so stupid in the current situation.
      Mo - Monday morning yukky donations - eeeuuuuuwwwww!!!! Perhaps all the charity shops should get together and have a big bonfire in the middle of the town on Mondays and just chuck all the "donations" on the fire.
      Shelley - Sounds like you had fun with your craft bits and bobs; have you managed to sort out the bedroom window seal before the next onslaught?

HAGO
      Linda

Comment

Forgot to say I had emails from the online shopping site about my recent order, and as predicted all three items have been despatched, are coming separately, and the two items from the same source company are coming by different couriers!

Modern life!

Linda
        Last edited by craftdancer2; 18-02-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post
          Forgot to say I had emails from the online shopping site about my recent order, and as predicted all three items have been despatched, are coming separately, and the two items from the same source company are coming by different couriers!

Modern life!

Linda
          Must be run by men!

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post

Must be run by men!
            If it’s who I’m thinking it is, I’ve never figured that one out considering the size of the depots 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave.
            Last edited by 3dDave; 18-02-2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post

Must be run by men!
              More than likely

If it’s who I’m thinking it is, I’ve never figured that one considering the size of the depots
              It probably is, and I try not to use them very much, but in this case the items were less costly via this route than direct from the source company!

Linda

Comment

Working...
              X