Valentines Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentines Day

Morning all and Happy Valentines Day. We are making today a bit more special a Chinese for lunch from M & S and a film this pm. With a small glass of pear cider.

This morning want to make some more MD's cards got stuck yesterday and ordered the front sentiment. Hope arrives quicker than they estimated.

Battening down the hatches for Dennis tomorrow and Sunday, we have got off relatively well but you never know with a second go. The garden trugs had somehow got into the recycling bin and caught all the rain. Lee may have left the lid up!

Tete a Tete coming up all round the garden. Every year the village council plant daffodils in the grass verges and beginning to look wonderful. Reminds me of Keats.

HAGO and BBL x

Happy Valentines day......

Clear, bright, dry here today.
    Sue is having a new “Do” today at 10:30, I’ve got to go to Amy’s for Sue’s flowers. Amy’s friend is a florist plus I have a stall when she does a Christmas market at her farm so I get a good deal...
    We don’t go out to eat because as you know...I really hate doing it, so I generally cook something here...
    Bit of an up and down week. One of the shops does an “Artist of the month” where you submit some work, they put it on the wall, if it sells, they consider you being a permanent fixture....knocked that on the head, they want to sell online. Glass frames are a nightmare to post because of weight, size and Couriers clumsiness, padded slider boxes cost a fortune, glass gets broke, they don’t send damaged work back after you replace it, they say they haven’t received when its clearly signed for..I only post to people I know...
    The outlet that I use is finishing the end of April, poor footfall....so that door is closing, literally...
    I’ve heard that someone is opening a shop in the heart of the high street, tourist central and they definitely want my work in there instead...another door opens. Need to up the ticket prices for that one....
    I always seem to land the right side up 😁
    Back to reality, eggs and log run later 😆

Dave 🤓
    Last edited by 3dDave; 14-02-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Morning all! A reasonably pleasant spring day so far, but I note the breeze is starting to increase. Not looking forward to Saturday and Sunday.

Yesterday - started off well, but went haywire after OH got up late morning. He looked at the back door catch, said "oh!" and ignored it; went to Barton to get his beer but not to the hardware store. Got the caramelised onion chutney done, but as I was clearing up the sinks vomited (I have a corner unit with two smallish sinks and one drainer and as I emptied a big panful of water down one sink the other regurgitated it with gruesome bits in it - uuurrrrrggghhhhh!!). I've been moaning for months that the water wasn't clearing as quickly as it should but had been assured "there's nothing wrong, it's a small pipe". Unfortunately, I had put the fruit and sugar in the pan ready for the jam, so that had to be covered and put out of the way, then I had to clear all the dirty washing up and empty the cupboard under the sink. A couple of hours later when pipework had been dismantled, cleaned and put back together, with a fight, I had to clean surfaces and shelves and get stuff put back and I was far too tired to finish the jam. Did manage to get a load of laundry done during the day. Had an invitation to a local church spring fayre in April so got diary etc sorted for that, sent apologies and decline for an agricultural show in June as have already got that weekend booked.

Today, had to get on with the jam as we're expecting visitors to drop in this morning and I don't do cooking for the stall when other people are around (hygiene and concentration are key). Kitchen is now cleared up, jam finished and potted and put to cool. Labels to be created later today. Back door is sorted - apparently OH took the hardware apart, cleaned it and put it back at some point during the night - I did say he's most definitely an owl? After yesterday, I'm not planning on being energetic all day today.

Caroline - hope you stay safe over the weekend; I've noticed a few daffs showing their faces round here, along with snowdrops and crocus. I've even seen what I think is a flowering cherry with blossom on during my trips to Barton.
      Dave - hate it when people assume you sell online without considering the ins and outs of posting delicate and heavy materials and products. Lost a few customers myself because of that, but don't care - can't be ar$ed with the careful wrapping, insurance, travelling to the post office etc etc; p&p would cost more than the product! Good news about the new outlet, hope all works out well.
      Mo - a very good day at the shop - you must have been grinning from ear to ear by closing time OH probably hasn't even noticed I've been in his sock drawer Mo! Only a couple of odd ones, but lots with holes or where top elastic is so old it's crumbled! (they've gone fo disposal ) Hope you can give your back and leg some rest today.
      Shelley - thinking of you and hoping all is straightforward for your procedure. Trust yesterday's visit allayed any fears and answered your questions.

HAGO
      Linda

Comment

Happy Valentines day.

Cards exchanged and agreed going out for a meal wasn't the best idea so I'm cooking something different tonight, maybe should have practiced it first LOL

Doctors first thing. Good morning doctor, good morning woo look at you, better step on the scales. BMI now below 30 yay. Another 1.5 stone to go to reach the agreed weight. It's not the one I would like but the one agreed with my doctor as being healthy and maintainable and her scales are always 4lb less than mine LOL Did a bit of shopping on the way home. Friend called in for a quick chat and a coffee then did a bit more on the platter. Will get back to finishing it in a minute.

Pete has made a new product, needle cases, based on Japanese Inro boxes. Need to add the beads to the thonging closure so will need to raid the lampwork stash later.

The ups and downs of a makers life Dave. Glad it seems to have finished on a high for you. Presumably you can sell and post cuts that are mounted but not framed without a problem ?

Ugggh that wasn't nice Linda, glad it's all sorted now and you can get on again.

Hope Shelley is getting on ok at the hospital.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Afternoon all,

Breezy but dry here, not too cold.

Well first off my procedure has been canceled. I got a call at about 8am to let me know they had to close the ward. I was half asleep and didn't think much of it and said thank you I will look forward to your call with a new date. Once I was up and thinking straight I thought oh I hope its not becuase of the coronavirus becuase I was there yesterday and should I be worried? So I rang them and asked, apparently the hospital is on Black alert, this sounds horrible but means they need the beds. The cardiac unit as two 6 bed wards for it patients but when the hospital is busy they commandeer these wards.
          So now on the list for about 2 weeks from now, so considering this a dummy run, next time won't be so stressed, now know what its all about.

Caroline hope your special lunch goes well and you enjoy your film night. Hope your supplies arrive soon. Saw the cards on FB very beautiful.

Pear cider, we once made about 100 gallons of Perry. A friend's mother had a pear glut and he was into brewing but only had a small bedsit so he and boxes and boxes of pears descended into my kitchen and they spent 2 days getting it all into 4 huge brewing containers. As it was autumn and they need to keep warm as the winter approached they sat either side of the fire and bubbled away for what seemed like forever About xmas time they spent another 2 days bottling it all. Over a hundred bottles, They bought a 100 bottle wine rack and put it in the spare room. It stayed there for some time with examinations and bottle turning. Once it was deemed ready it was labeled and given away to anyone who would have it. I thought it was too vinegary, but then I don't like wine anyway or any alcohol so who am I to judge. This was in about 1985.
          We still have about 5 bottles at the back of the cupboard, scared to death to open them, wouldn't drink it if it was the last thing on earth. Want to get rid of it but he feels a sentimental connection even though he doesn't drink either. Mad

Dave sounds like a revolving door situation You do seem to be landing on your feet these days. Hope the new outlet goes well. I can understand your reluctance to post, collection is best. I do post as its not a problem really with a card or 2. Just needs to be crease proof.
          Hope the flowers and dinner goes down well and you have an enjoyable evening.

Oh Linda, I can just see you up to your elbows in yacky water and bits of plumbing. Glad you got it sorted. Your owl has a lot in common with my owl. You can find him in front of his computer doing some fancy stuff with music and graphics at 3am. Only problem is he isn't usually up til the sun is past the yardarm Thats ok most of the time, I quite like my quiet mornings on my own getting stuff done. He will get up early if he has to, so its works. I am sort of an owl but not as much as they are. Up around 9-9:30, bed around 1am.

Mo back in the shop, hope it is as good as the other day. Lots of goodies donated.

So today a bonus day, hadn't planned anything so will indulge in some card making later. First need to tidy up the shop and finish putting out the stock.
          A lite supper here tonite, Valentines will pass without much fuss here, although becuase we have decided to get married in the spring, I am going to ask him to marry me and then I shall start calling him my fiance. I came up with the idea yesterday when filing in the form at the hospital, it asked for next of kin and what was their relationship to you, like a lightbulb moment I thought aha if I put fiance that implies more than just a loose boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

Take care all and have a good Valentines day.

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
            Happy Valentines day.

Cards exchanged and agreed going out for a meal wasn't the best idea so I'm cooking something different tonight, maybe should have practiced it first LOL

Doctors first thing. Good morning doctor, good morning woo look at you, better step on the scales. BMI now below 30 yay. Another 1.5 stone to go to reach the agreed weight. It's not the one I would like but the one agreed with my doctor as being healthy and maintainable and her scales are always 4lb less than mine LOL Did a bit of shopping on the way home. Friend called in for a quick chat and a coffee then did a bit more on the platter. Will get back to finishing it in a minute.

Pete has made a new product, needle cases, based on Japanese Inro boxes. Need to add the beads to the thonging closure so will need to raid the lampwork stash later.

The ups and downs of a makers life Dave. Glad it seems to have finished on a high for you. Presumably you can sell and post cuts that are mounted but not framed without a problem ?

Ugggh that wasn't nice Linda, glad it's all sorted now and you can get on again.

Hope Shelley is getting on ok at the hospital.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
            “Presumably you can sell and post cuts that are mounted but not framed without a problem ?”
            Yes Mo, I can just mount the work, pop it in a cello bag, sandwich it between a couple of pieces of mountboard and post it in a plastic postal bag. A friend of mine sends artwork all over the world that way, never had a problem. I’ve sent the odd glass one in a foam padded slider box, not had any damage but it’s so costly. You can limit damage by using plastic instead of glass but its a quality step down compared to what’s behind it I think unless its unavoidable and still hassle and cost.
            Much easier to shove em’ on someone’s outlet wall 😁

Dave.

Comment

Well first off my procedure has been canceled. I got a call at about 8am to let me know they had to close the ward. I was half asleep and didn't think much of it and said thank you I will look forward to your call with a new date. Once I was up and thinking straight I thought oh I hope its not becuase of the coronavirus becuase I was there yesterday and should I be worried? So I rang them and asked, apparently the hospital is on Black alert, this sounds horrible but means they need the beds. The cardiac unit as two 6 bed wards for it patients but when the hospital is busy they commandeer these wards.
              So now on the list for about 2 weeks from now, so considering this a dummy run, next time won't be so stressed, now know what its all about.
              What a PITA and further disruption and stress in your life. I understand that they really need to have "emergency" beds available as many situations are unpredictable and emergency bed facilities are essential. At least you got your visit done yesterday, and as you say you know what it's all about.
              Hope you can get a good night's relaxing sleep.

Fortunately, it wasn't me up to my elbows in yack, but I was busy trying to maintain the kitchen hygiene as much as possible, and provide bowls and other support when necessary.

Your owl has a lot in common with my owl. You can find him in front of his computer doing some fancy stuff with music and graphics at 3am. Only problem is he isn't usually up til the sun is past the yardarm Thats ok most of the time, I quite like my quiet mornings on my own getting stuff done. He will get up early if he has to, so its works
              Sounds like they could be twins! Sometimes in the winter my owl doesn't see any daylight. I'm more of a lark - except in the winter, but I have to get up at a reasonable time otherwise I am pestered by starving moggies and don't get the sleep anyway. Hence I'm usually in bed by 8.00pm unless there is anything specific to keep me up later. Even so, it's likely to be closer to midnight before I get to sleep.

Have a restful evening.
              Linda

Comment

Ah yes Linda, I know that role only too well, do you need a towel, a phillips screwdriver please - oh and the torch while you are there.

Yup my owl does that too, it actually makes me a bit sad, no daylight for 2 days, I wouldn't like it but he seems happy. I have started trying to get him up by 1pm - 2 at the latest becuase its not fair of him to leave me to do the shop on my own, I can't go anywhere and have to stay within earshot of the shop. He has got worse this winter, used to be 2pm was late even for him and 1pm was the time aimed for.

Mo glad the docs went well. Keep up the good work. The needle cases sound fabulous.

Have a good evening all.

Shelley

Comment

Ooooooh Congratulations Shelley, hope the owl said yes XXXXX

Mo XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Yes Mo he did say yes. Its official but only amongst close friends

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
                      Yes Mo he did say yes. Its official but only amongst close friends

Shelley
                      Delighted for you both, congratulations.

Mo.XX
                      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                      www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post

Delighted for you both, congratulations.

Mo.XX
                        And generous congratulations from me too - and with profuse apologies that I failed to comment earlier.

Linda

Comment

Thank you for your congrats. Its all feeling a bit too much like a real wedding now, going to have make sure this is as weddingy as it gets or we will both get cold feet and put it off.

Shelley

Comment

Ooh, congrats Shelley, go gal, sorry it's a bit late....don’t get cold feet, you’ll put me off 😆😆 xx

Dave.

Comment

I missed this congratulations Shelley.

Comment

Working...
                              X