Saturday 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 8th

Morning all, pouring with rain and cold. Stay safe from Ciara later today.

Finished most of the MD gift set just the card to do today and a few more single MD's cards to make. downloaded a beautiful design this morning bunny alphabets. Can see some cards and door pillows being made from them Plus had a thought for Easter bunting.

I have a problem in that I sit and watch something, if it does not grip me find myself thinking about things to make. Join the here and now and the programme is finished! Do have lots of ideas though.

Linda do you feel better for the back massage?

Take some photos of the MD's cards when done Shelley.

I agree with you Dave about starting well ahead. Had an order for 2 cards but not needed until early April. Did them and posted off once done though as always worry I would forget later. Plus can hear my Mother saying 'Never put off until tomorrow, what can be done today'. Don't always follow that apart from the important things.

Mo do you have to pay council tax on the shop? East Hants wave that for charity shops here and offer lower rents as well. They have bought up most of the shops though so can afford to have offers. They bought the Sunderland local council offices last year and have rented them back to the council. Also buying up shops that are empty, then offering them to start ups and community etc. Their plan is to have sufficient investment to not charge EH residents council tax, only the Hampshire part.

Off for a bacon sandwich for Lee and on crackers for me. Not eaten bread for ages and feel better for it. Just wolfing down Jaffa Cakes instead, lol.

HAGO and BBL x

Morning all! Had rain overnight, but didn't hear it. Calm before the storm feeling; not looking forward to later today and tomorrow.

Yesterday was bitty, but I got quite a lot done one way and another. Have got involved in another tidying up phase of the family tree information, so taking up quite a lot of time once I get involved with it.

Today, need to pop round to brother's before the winds gain any more strength. Still have to get labels on jars, although I did get the printing done yesterday. Not sure what else.

Caroline - back massage was a routine appointment and fortunately no major problems found. Another productive and creative day for you yesterday.
    Dave - you had a busy day too; hope you enjoyed your grape juice and cosy evening in front of the log burner.
    Shelley - I am super sensitive to many spices, particularly the "hot" ones, and I dislike the smell and taste of nearly all of them so rarely eat any of my makes. I'm not a great jam eater either so not much sweet stuff consumed either! I just like making and am pleased I can find people who like to eat You're another one who had a busy and productive day yesterday.
    Mo - hope you enjoyed your day with Mum and Dad yesterday. Back to the shop this morning?

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Take care Linda out and about, get home before it turns wild.

Comment

Morning all....
        Dry, very sunny, mild here.....so far.
        Just about to take Flo for a run, nothing to do today outside of catching up on the cutting.
        Got a bit drunk last night on the grape juice, I don’t have hangovers so not a lot puts me off 😆.
        Spices, chillies, curries, I love em’ all, I use Jamaican hot pepper sauce made with scotch bonnets like it was ketchup, can’t eat chips without it. One of my faves is a Moroccan stew with a generous helping of Ras al hanout in the mix....lovely!
        Take care all if it gets a bit stormy your way on...

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
          Take care Linda out and about, get home before it turns wild.
          Thank you Caroline - been out and got back; it's a beautiful spring day here and the breeze is doing nothing more than rustling the leaves on the trees at the moment

Spices, chillies, curries, I love em’ all, I use Jamaican hot pepper sauce made with scotch bonnets like it was ketchup, can’t eat chips without it. One of my faves is a Moroccan stew with a generous helping of Ras al hanout in the mix....lovely!
          Bleeeuuuuuurrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Linda
          Last edited by craftdancer2; 08-02-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Afternoon all,

Dry, sunny and hardly a whisper of a breeze, not too cold either. I expect this to change overnight.

Caroline, I am the same get it done, don't like things hanging over me, but also won't stress if it just doesn't go to plan unless its very important most things can wait.
            I like to sit and do some hand work while watching a movie or telly, same sort of problem spend a lot of time looking at my work, listening and following, look up and am surprised at the faces that belong to the voices or that they are now in the countryside from the city or similar.
            I will post pictures when I finish the MD cards but it will be awhile as they will take some time and I have my hospital procedure next Friday and have to go on the Thursday for pre procedure appointment in the afternoon. Not sure how I will feel after and how long I will need for recuperation, probably not long, but still time out.

Linda another productive day for you. I have to agree no spicy foods for me, dislike garlic, chiles, ginger, in fact all of those hot tingly tongue things. I do like onions, and strong cheese, so its not the amount of flavour its the hotness I think. Years and years ago before they got all fancy smancy with curries I liked a nice CTM or a korma, but now they just have to throw nuts in even if it never had it in the original recipe.

Dave hope the run went well and now engrossed in cutting a masterpiece or two.

Mo busy in the shop, hope its ok.

Today not much planned, need to go out for some supplies.
            I finished the 2 Valentines cards yesterday, will do some photos this evening. Another set of triple layer dies arrived this morning so will probably have play with them this evening, they might do well with the MD cards.

I am going to have to rethink and reorganize my dies, they have outgrown their space the way they are organized at the moment. I have them organised by make but I may redo them by subject like I have done with christmas ones. So have a flower section, a triple layer section and so on. Its because some of the makes are half empty but it would be better arrangement if done by subject. Bit of a mammoth task but may tackle it this weekend. I will think about it.

Take care everyone and stay safe from the storms.

Shelley

Comment

I have to agree no spicy foods for me, dislike garlic, chiles, ginger, in fact all of those hot tingly tongue things. I do like onions, and strong cheese, so its not the amount of flavour its the hotness
              Me too - I'm OK with garlic, but chillies, ginger, mustard, pepper in any form, curry and other "hot" spices, are definite no go for me. Even the slightest hint in food, or fumes from cooking can leave my mouth and tongue burning for over 24 hours.
              PITA 'cos I have to read ingredients on every flippin package, and eating out reduces me to choosing either fish & chips or salad usually. Even if I ask staff most of them can't tell the difference between herbs and spices, don't think the pepper in seasoning is a spice and do think salt is a spice
              Thank goodness I don't have allergies to any of the common things (nuts, gluten, dairy etc), but I have had people assume I am - derrrrrr!

Hope you got shopping done OK

Linda

Comment

Linda, yes but I do have a nut allergy so my ingredients list reading is always on. I need to make sure I have reading specs when I shop and I just don't eat out becuase they don't understand the importance of getting it right.

My last trip to hospital was over 40 years ago so I have been doing well. Dinner at a friends house, a whole gang of us, maybe 20, after band practice, told the cook, the cooks assistant was told but thought just a couple of teaspoons of ground peanuts wouldn't hurt. Ha when everyone's evening was cut short with ambulances and chaos ensuing she soon realised it did matter
                Back then it wasn't nearly as well known as it is now, for years I was the only person I knew who had it.

Take care, have a good evening all.

Shelley

Comment

the cooks assistant was told but thought just a couple of teaspoons of ground peanuts wouldn't hurt.
                  For goodness sake!!!!!!!! They were told for a very good reason and had no right to think they knew better than the person concerned.

I sometimes get "there's only a little bit of ....... in it" after I've said I need to avoid spices, but when a life threatening allergy is involved there is no excuse!

Linda

Comment

Oooooh I like a bit of spice. Garlic in everything and roast Moroccan spices are just lovely as is Thai food. Can't hack the burning mouth brigade when there is no taste just heat and you can't taste the actual ingredients, but aromatic spices give a lift to to so many dishes.

Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk
                    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
                    X