Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 17th

Morning All

Very cold but dry today. Had a lovely long dog walk yesterday and soon warmed up with some brisk walking.

Found a mirror compact blank in a drawer, not sure why I bought it or when but I had a plan at some point. Going to stitch out a bee today and put in the top. May even start a bee notice board for the fair. May have mentioned before but have a lady who always buys my bee items, so this would be something new for her to look at. Have to be ruthless sometimes.

Good luck today Linda, hope the weather and sales are good for you.

Mo more pyroing and bling?

Dave shredding paper like mad?

Shelley do you get today off? What have you got planned.

HAGO and BBL x

Morning all.

Stopped raining now and the sky looks to be clearing.

Supermarket run then trip to Garden centre as grandchild wants a gardening set for Christmas.

Back later to do some more pyro and ink. Have one to colour and first proper bling one to try to get a timing.

Hope you have a successful day Linda.

Amazing what we have hiding in the back of drawers Caroline, that's where I found a ton of Swarovski Crystals.

Hope to see Shelley's new selection of cards soon.

Have a good day all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Afternoon all.

Dry, bright and sunny but cold.

I am sure the compact bee design will look lovely Caroline, and the notice board idea sounds good. There is nothing wrong with making things for a customer you think they will like, thats just good business sense. I have customers who I ring when a certain type of equipment comes in that I think they will be interested in, they often buy it and appreciate being given first refusal, I just don't do the hard sell.

Mo, hope the garden center was successful and you now have one gardening set Thats a good idea, to do a timing and work out how long it takes to make something, then you can price it accurately or even decide its not worth doing. Hope its going well.

I am always amazed at what I find in the back of the drawer, the cupboards, under the stairs, in the loft but mostly in my craft room. This spring I am going to do a real big clear out and get rid of things I don't use, one of them is about 30 jigsaws

Hope it is going well Linda and safe travels. Also hope the rain has held off.

Dave out detecting? or making more confetti

I am still working on a card, this time a xmas wreath design. When the light box arrives tomorrow I will do pictures and post asap.

Have a good day everyone.

Shelley

Comment

Evening All! Dropped in this morning, but didn't post as Caroline was around and I didn't want to duplicate the thread.

Rained until early afternoon, but dry since, well/soakaway and dyke have just about coped. At the fair, fellow stallholder came over to tell me there had been a serious accident and road closed in both directions on a route I may have been using - fortunately I decided to stick to the A15 and M180 and forego popping round to brother's house so didn't need to use that road. Just checked online - accident was just after 11.00am and road is expected to be closed for a few more hours.

Had a very entertaining and friendly day, don't think I've taken enough to cover all costs, but won't be far off and I've shifted a few more jars and bottles. Not planning on unpacking tonight - just going to chill, have an early night and attack the chores tomorrow.

Dave - one of the other stallholders today has just ordered the Sumup card reader that doesn't require a phone connected. I shall be asking her how she gets on with it in due course.
        Mo - it has been a tough couple of weeks, but I'm tougher! What a shame about Jen not understanding that less is more - I have to take myself in hand every now and again and cut down on the range of stuff I put out on the stall, and sales always seem to improve when there is less choice!
        Caroline - always little treasures at the back of a drawer Hope the bee thing turns out OK.
        Shelley - my clear outs seem to have ground to a halt, but I'll get going again when all the fairs, holidays and bad weather are over.

Have a good evening all.
        Linda

Last edited by craftdancer2; 17-11-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Shelley - forgot to say, I had some jars of the Harvest Chutney (name was your suggestion) out on the table today. A lady tried it this morning and declared it delicious. A couple of jars sold.

Linda

Comment

Oh good Linda, glad it was proclaimed delicious and the name seemed to work. I am also glad the water is receding and hopefully you can get some sleep.
            Shame you didn't make a huge profit but at least you enjoyed yourself, thats half the battle.

I think after the new year is the appropriate time for clear outs, the run up to and just after xmas can be a busy time and for us its time off so I don't want to be up to my elbows sorting.

Have a good evening everyone and sleep well.

Shelley

Comment

Evening all.

Had a good and productive day. Finished two Christmas pendants all ready for Pete to polish tomorrow and glue in the cap and finials, then it's add the tartan ribbon and finished. The bling one with the Swarovski Crystals I just love. So not really me but so Christmassy. Lets hope the customers think so too. Hoping to make a couple more as they are the least expensive to make, will see if I have time. Absolutely no room to do anything on the stand as it's the smallest we have ever traded from. Done so much planning for this event just hope it's worth it. Only a week to go so three days max for me to do anything. Monday week will be packing up and Tuesday is set up day.

Glad you had a pleasant day Linda, if not so profitable. What's the saying ? If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger, hope the worst is past for you and the waters settle down to normal levels once more.

Catch everyone sometime tomorrow.

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk
              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
              X