Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else trying to selll their house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else trying to selll their house?

Our house has been on the market since January and still remains unsold. We reduced the price by £4k about a month ago and have just reduced it by another £5k. We're hoping this will help sell it, as it put it pretty near to the stamp duty, but with the market as it is who knows?

The problem is we've found our house! We can't make an offer until we've sold though, but then again we need a certain amount in order to buy the one we want.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice?
    Last edited by Katianne; 03-05-2008, 09:55 PM.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

What a real poo-y nightmare for you, it's gotta be so frustrating
    Not quite in the same situation as you as we ideally want to move but haven't put the house on the market yet. You have my complete sympathy as it seems houses just aren't shifting at the mo, there are 3 houses on our street (2 opposite us) that have been on the market for absolutely ages and they keep reducing the prices with no joy - a year ago houses on our street usually sold in about a week. We don't think it's worth putting ours on the market so plan to rent it out and rent one ourselves in the area we'd like to live in.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

house prices

Houses in my area are not selling either a year ago the prices were going through the roof. My daughter in law lost her job in an Estate agents, there are too many houses on the market. I think you just need to hope someone comes along and falls in love with your house. I really do sympathise with what you are going through.
      Elaine

Comment

I heard on the news that homes fell on average 2 grand last month, which is really quite alot.

House are ricuously expensive, and first time buyers like me have no chance, even those that could perhaps afforsd a mortgage cant neccessarliy get one what with all the banks being over cautious. Its a nightmare situation. In a way i'm glad we rent bcoz we would be in such financial trouble, our boiler went a while back, now our built in cooker is gonna give up, a patio door window needs replacing too, all things that are general maintenance on a house, but nothing that has to come out of our pocket. I dont really have advice about your situtation, i dont think there is much anyone can do with the situation the county is at the mo, although i would think that it can tbe good having to reduce yur house by 9 grand. could you wait to sell?
        Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

If its a house for first time buyers, say youll include the white goods. you know the fridge, washing machine etc. the only problem with that is that you would have to buy new ones yourself....
          bake cookies about 15 minutes before the people come to veiw the house so it smells nice, but make sure the kitchens spotless!
          Ill come back and write some more when I think of them... we moved a bit when I was younger, i think my dad has a bit of gypsy blood in him!
          Good Luck though
          I like to make things - usually a mess!
          Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
          http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

one of the problems out there just now is, although there are plenty of houses on the market, they're really expensive and no-one wants to give out mortgages just now. It's a poo-ey situation for you and really frustrating I'm sure. Good luck
            www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Its the same our way. Loads of houses on the market that have been for ages.

My parent went to look at a house to rent Friday. The lady who owns it couldnt shift it and had lowered the price. A couple months ago that house would have been snapped up as its lovely and spacious.

But every cloud has a silver lining as if the prices drop a tad more we can look to buy (if we can get a mortage lol)
              Im down with Fraggle Rock

Fraggies Fripperies

http://fraggiesfripperies.blogspot.com

Comment

Not me but my sister and her fiance have also had their house on the market a while and, despite a couple of "nearlys", havent sold it yet

They too have found the house they want and have had their offer accepted but everythings waiting now...

An independent financial adviser told me last week that he's had a lot of concerned calls from colleagues in estate agents saying they have plenty of houses on their books but hardly anybody showing any interest - it is a very difficult time

...but dont lose hope, who knows when or how it will turnaround but it will because it always does...if you're really desparate to move, I wonder if some innovative action on your part might help?....like putting a creatively worded advert in your local paper to try and generate a private sale?...you could offer a good deal if neither of you have to pay estate agency fees?

Just a thought but best of luck with everything

Shaz x
                Keepsake Kollections
                & Rossendale Ramblings!
                http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

I am in the situation where we have found a house to buy but the mortage people are being completely incompetant at getting it sorted! Every week it's something new to find for them even when they say they have everything! Hopefully now after 6 weeks of this we will get a mortage on Tuesday otherwise I will scream!
                  Trish

Comment

Keep Faith

Hi Katianne,
                    I though I would just say this as it might give you some comfort. I was once put under offer four different times over a period of a year and each time it fell through and I lost a different house of my dreams. Eventually I found a fifth buyer and another house which had just come on the market, this was the best house I could have ended up with and my family had 17 happy years living there. So it all worked out for the best in the end.
                    Hope it all works out for you too.
                    Chris W.
                    x
                    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Thanks for that Chris - my mum always says 'these things have a way of working out for the best' too. And yes we should think ourselves lucky really - we bought our first house when we were quite young, which meant that we could at least afford a house in the firt place! I hope this week brings some more interest, considering our price drop. Will keep you all informed. And if anyone's looking for a 3 bed semi near Chasewater and Cannock Chase...!!!!
                      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I will name them and shame them because I am irate!

....if you have a buyer who is getting a mortgage with the Woolwich/barclays then expect to be in the dark for about 2 months as to what is going on!

They are completely incompetant and every week it's one new thing they proclaim they don't have...even though the week before they say they have everything!

They offer good products but their service is awful!
                        Trish

Comment

Originally posted by ladyrat View Post
                          I will name them and shame them because I am irate!

....if you have a buyer who is getting a mortgage with the Woolwich/barclays then expect to be in the dark for about 2 months as to what is going on!

They are completely incompetant and every week it's one new thing they proclaim they don't have...even though the week before they say they have everything!

They offer good products but their service is awful!
                          I dont blame you for being irate, and even though I worked for Woolwich since 1989 before it was taken over by Barclays, in my defence I never processed mortgages!

Sometimes it depends what theyre handling though, if its life assurance, often underwriters throw in extra questions along the way. Having said that, if you havent already, I'd start asking for a manager and get their name and explain why you're not happy and get their personal assurance they'll pull everything together without further problems. Maybe asking what their Service Standards are might gee them up a bit too. If theyre acting right outside them, they wont like the idea that the Financial Ombudsman might get to hear about it from annoyed customers

Good luck with it all
                          Shaz x
                          Keepsake Kollections
                          & Rossendale Ramblings!
                          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Thank you for that!

I am happy now as we now finally have the mortgage offer!!.

.. I think they may have felt the vibes that I wanted to go to wherever it is they are dealing with it and sit beside them until it was done!
                            Trish

Comment

Working...
                            X