Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 13th

Morning All

Home today and after the road works all around Alton with diversions sending you miles through the lanes etc pleased not to be out. Fairly successful day but took lot longer than we had hoped.

Hope you are okay Linda and the water is down.

Mo are you off today? If so burning wood?

Dave cutting in Wales?

Shelley what card are you working on now?

Today: clean fish tank, mastic in shower room, clean top shower rail, help Lee with some more leaf raking. Tomorrow want to finish the small forget me not bottles. Bought a larger plastic jug from Sainsbury's yesterday 50p, so if gets wrecked with the resin does not matter and easier to pour from.

Not much else to report. Dave I can receive and send messages but cannot find you any where, message me through FB.

HAGO and BBL x

Morning all...

Sky clear, sea calm, bit nippy...
    Off to Aberaeron today for a good old long walk later if the weather holds out..
    Did some cutting yesterday
    Messaged your page Caroline...I was messaging you directly, found your profile pic, maybe because we aren’t.......connected😆
    Linda is “up and at em” already..
    Hope you all have a good day, BBL

Dave.

Comment

Morning all.

Lovely sunny day here but the low angle of the sun through the window showed up all the dust on the wood floor so had to do a quick sweep through before breakfast. Nothing much getting done on the housework side till after West Horsley, just the basics, then it's Spring Clean time when there will be no more woodwork, I can tidy everything away before the tree goes up.

Pyro and ink day. Have an idea for a glitzy large bauble if I can find my flat back Swarovski crystals and they are not too big. Ages since I last used them when I was decorating clothes and shoes for dancing. Have to find them pretty quick no time for a complete rummage or will have to try it after Christmas when we have more time and no events.

Enjoy your walk Dave be nice if the weather is like it is here.

Better get on, 10am deadline to start work. Catch up later.

Mo. XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Afternoon all,

Dry, bright and cold here.

I see Linda started today's thread before she rushed off, hope it goes well for her and she finds all us here later.

Caroline keeping busy with the house work, I am sure the forget me not bottles will be beautiful.

Dave enjoy your walk, you are a braver man than me
        I am sat here with a rug round my legs trying to keep warm, the trouble is customers leave the blooming door open, no thought to the fact we have to stay in the now cold shop and room. The poor little fan heater is just about keeping the cold at bay, Simon is going to light a fire, that will help.

Mo sounds like a lovely day ahead for you, enjoy. Did you find you glitzy bits? Sometimes you just have to let the housework go, no one ever died from a bit of dust.

Today Simon has been to finish off the install, needs to go back tomorrow as he had to stop because they had a funeral booked. Not much else planned, need to whip round the bathroom but thats about it.
        I have a card to add a few finishing touches to and then I will have a few to photograph, so pictures to follow, tomorrow? later today?

Take care all, keep warm and have a good day.

Shelley

Comment

Evening all and it's not my first post of the day LOL

Day of pyro and ink. Managed to complete a new hanging bauble, finish off a partially started small vase and add to another as we changed the base on it and the pyro needed to continue under the bottom, pretty happy with that. Pete has been chained to the lathe all day mainly finishing stuff off so he is disappointed that he doesn't seem to have much to show for it. We now have a fabulous Burr plaque on a stand, 8 wonky birds, and a number of burr brooches inlaid with metals or frit.

I did find the crystals Shelley just have to make sure the idea is going to work so will have a practice go on a scrap piece first. I have ones that have to be stuck on with glue and hot melt ones and I actually found the hot iron to apply them too but have to make sure it doesn't scorch the wood in applying them. Pete will hate it anyway he doesn't do glitz LOL but will go along with it if I like it and think it could sell. He will hope it does or it will end up in our Christmas decorations.

Really chilly here Shelley but manage to keep warm in the conservatory where I work with a halogen heater, very efficient. When I came into the house it seemed colder than the work room. The underfloor heating needs looking at again. Every winter it needs a blast through to get rid of the air bubbles.Gradually getting cooler from the bathroom back through the apartment now. Fortunately we have a very efficient towel rail radiator to supplement it. Just waiting on the plumber now so wood burner lit and toasty warm.

Hope all went well Linda.

Freezer surprise for dinner, looks like a vegetable curry so will have some rice and see.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Another flying visit - not a bad day, now rushing round trying to do finances, re-stock, do stock list, have tea, placate cat who thinks I've abandoned him, make tomorrow's lunch and get to bed! Oh yes! And fill in application for next year's event, together with copies of various certs etc.

Seems you've all had a fairly good day.

Heavy rain expected in the area tomorrow, so not looking forward to the drive, but hopefully the day will make up for that.

Have a nice evening
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X