Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 9th

Morning All

Off to Alton Waitrose early, only need a small shop this week. My JL iron has arrived and it is very good and at half the price of others worth getting. Iron a pair of very dry jeans with ease and they have come up better than before. You know what dry denim is like. May order another in the NY and have as a spare.

No making atm, have been helping Lee with a model racing car he started about 15 years ago. He can now see. I have to do the fiddly bits like the pipes and tubing as his fingers are so bent with Arther Itus that he struggles.

HAGO and BBL x

Morning all! Quite breezy but SW or Westerly direction so not arctic chilly; possibility of light rain shower around lunchtime, temperature average.

Yesterday ended up going into town for shopping so took much ponger than usual. Parcel(s) of jars arrived 2 hours earlier than anticipated and the chaps were friendly, helpful and efficient - emails of praise have gone to courier company (DHL) and the seller of the jars.
    Mo - I'm not intending filling all the jars in one go LOL! I was completely out of those for fruit butters and cheeses, so while I was ordering I stocked up on two other sorts that I was getting low on. Most of the jars are manufactured in Europe, so I thought that as well as being efficient on carriage charges stocking up would be good if costs go up after B-Day at the end of the month. Fortunately, I've got room to store them over winter and they won't degrade so I'm ready for next season's cooking now
    One of the recorded TV programmes I watched was "Made in Bolton" - surprisingly interesting as a silversmith/goldsmith made, from scratch, a visigoth style brooch. They even showed how he made the mould and poured the molten metal, and sourcing and cutting the stones. Additionally Janina Ramirez was fronting so there was information about the Visigoths and their jewellery etc. Looking forward to further programmes like that.

Today - unsurprisingly I need to unpack the boxes delivered yesterday and check contents, then find somewhere to store them so they are ready to go through the dishwasher as and when, before going to main storage. I also need to sort out the gift bags and boxes I've got ready for the seasonal fairs and check my lights, notices etc if I have time.

Caroline - I'm sure it won't hurt to have a day or two off from the making and do something different. You'll come back to your own making with renewed enthusiasm.
    Mo - hope your phone call has a positive result and sets you up for getting things done during the day.
    Dave - start getting back into routine and coming to terms with the British autumn weather.
    Shelley - hope you've all had a reasonable night and the rawness of your loss is softening a little.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...

Garden is like a jungle.....again. Need to cut it before the weekend.
      Tried to put some mini cuts inside baubles....jeez, they are slippery little Bug***s, a 1mm lip to sit them in, over cut the circle, they buckle when the halves are together, undercut it slightly, they pull out of the lip 😡😂.
      I mounted them on acetate in the end, more rigid, less swearing 😇
      Loads to do, back cutting to get on with, dog needs walking....
      Have a goodun’ all...

Dave.

Comment

Morning all.

Home today and got the date wrong for the call, remembered it was 11th which is Friday LOL I was getting the date wrong all yesterday and writing the 10th on the price labels. Home then as well so no problem.

Been raining here but brighter now. Wildlife seems to have gone mad right now. There is a squirrel charging about the drive in and out of the hedge, rabbits on the path and a flurry of birds right outside the windows flying really fast in all directions, don't know how they are avoiding each other, one almost hit the window. Don't want another death like that, still have the imprint of the pigeon that committed suicide earlier on in the year. Can't even clean it off as the window is too high above ground and the commercial window cleaners the landlord employs haven't been for a while. Wonder if they are gathering for flying off for the winter. Seemed to be a real mixture of birds though, maybe the weather is affecting them ? Looked out now and there is just a single robin in view, strange.

Time to start on the Christmas decorations. I will do a batch of the boring ones then give myself a break and start on the pyro and ink ones so I don't get too fed up.

I did say that tongue in cheek Linda. Always less expensive to buy in quantity if you can.

Good solution Dave, must be a nightmare moving any of the cuts to mount.

Shelley hope you are feeling a little better today, thoughts are with you.

Have a good one folks.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I did say that tongue in cheek Linda. Always less expensive to buy in quantity if you can.
          Was pretty sure you weren't serious about it - you have far too much common sense! I couldn't afford to do this if I didn't buy in bulk, I have people complaining I'm too expensive as it is as they just don't realise how much jars and lids cost, never mind the labelling!

I have to say I have unpacked all four boxes of the order (100 x straight sided 125ml, 100 x mini 41ml and 216 x 110g hex jars), and I have never received a package of anything so well and space efficiently packed. I will be emailing the seller again with more praise, and I will be using this company again. Every single piece of cardboard is re-used/recycled, very little plastic packaging is used and of that at least 60% of it is re-usable (it's bubble wrap of varying kinds) and I will pass it on to fellow crafters who do glass or wood turning pieces. The small pieces of cardboard will go in the recycling and the bigger pieces will be saved for future use by me.

got the date wrong for the call, remembered it was 11th which is Friday LOL I was getting the date wrong all yesterday and writing the 10th on the price labels.
          As for getting the date wrong - welcome to my world! I often have to work out which day of the week it is, never mind the date!

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Dry, sunny but chilly here.

Today I don't have to go anywhere so just pottering around doing bits and pieces, some laundry done, needed to do that. I have also done some office stuff that needed doing and now just watching silly daytime telly and doing some crochet, more squares for my shawl.

Mo you are quite right, it is all ok and then something reminds me and I am weeping again. Its things like her pills that had to be done at certain times, now I feel there is something I should be doing and then I remember what it is and bang I am off again. I know it will get better, doesn't make any easier now but it helps. This is the 11th pet I have had to bury. It almost gets worse cos then I remember all of them.

Anyway onwards and upwards, looking forward to feeling good enough to finish some cards I have started and start some I have ideas for. Hope to spend the weekend making cards.

Caroline its nice to have a good iron, not the best jobs to have to do, so if the iron works well it is easier.
            I bought my iron years and years ago, it has the ability to be cordless, you charge it on the stand and then there is no wire to get in the way, if you want to iron something big with lots of steam you can plug it in direct and use like a normal iron. I only really use it for craft projects and the occasional tablecloth or cushion cover. I have no clothes that need ironing, a deliberate decision, lifes too short to having an ironing pile
            I am sure it is the silly autocorrect but I had wonder who Arther Itus is, enjoy the car model making, I used to do quite a bit of model making.

Linda enough jars to ride out the B-day ruckus, good planning. Its so nice to find a company that seems to go above and beyond, it always good to let them know that.

Talking of TV programs did anyone watch the crafting show last Thursday on Ch. 5? I thought it glossed over the actual hard work and money that goes into preparing for a fair. Did anyone get insurance? How far did they travel to get there? How much were the stalls. How much difference to their sales did it make that there was a tv crew there? So many questions. I also think the "expert" was no help when it came to selling and only really offered "artistic" help. I think there will be some very disappointed people when they crash and burn when the reality sets in.

Dave sounds like you have got straight back into it, gardening, cuts and baubles.

Mo the wildlife has gone crazy here too, the squirrels are running round the garden filling up on birdseed getting ready for the winter, there are flocks of tits, they gang up together and go round in big mobs - Blue tits, Great tits, Long tail tits, with a Robin or 3 and a few Sparrows. Along with rest of them - Magpies, Wood Pigeons, Collared Doves, Jays and Jackdaws, they are eating me out of birdseed and fat balls.
            I like your plan, some boring bits and then that lovely vase to paint, enjoy.

Have a good day everyone,

Shelley

Comment

Talking of TV programs did anyone watch the crafting show last Thursday on Ch. 5? I thought it glossed over the actual hard work and money that goes into preparing for a fair. Did anyone get insurance? How far did they travel to get there? How much were the stalls. How much difference to their sales did it make that there was a tv crew there? So many questions. I also think the "expert" was no help when it came to selling and only really offered "artistic" help. I think there will be some very disappointed people when they crash and burn when the reality sets in.
              Yes, I watched it and I've been having a discussion about it with a lady in a fb group. We think very much the same as you in that it never mentioned any of the admin work required, nor registrations, certificates, insurance or even the difficulty of getting in to a fair like that, even if there is anything remotely similar in other parts of the country. The prices they were charging were eye watering - no way would they sell anything that expensive in this area, and certainly wouldn't be able to make a living from it.
              On the other hand it was nice to see some really good quality craft work.
              Not sure where they find these "experts" and who thinks one expert in a specific craft is an expert in every other craft?

Linda

Comment

Working...
              X