Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 8th

Morning all

Thinking of you Shelley and hope you managed to get some sleep last night. Always hard to make this decision but as pet parents we know we have to do it for them x

Dark and damp here. Got to pop to the PO to post off another sale, okay this was from FB but saves the comm on Folksy. Every order helps.

Things seem to be picking up had 48K hits on my Folksy page last month, never had that many in a year on my own website. Do have to work at it, join in the daily challenge, like others makes and pin to a multi board. A small price to pay for results.

Not sure what I have planned today, still have an elf shoe to stitch up but my hands hurt from the last one, may have to put that on the back burner. Still have 5 more designs for the gift bags and found some Christmas fairy fabric thought would use up for mini gift bags.

HAGO and BBL x

Morning All! A very pleasant change in the weather as we have autumn sunshine and no rain in the forecast for today, plus temperatures are showing a small improvement too.

Yesterday, the morning was busy with household stuff, finished trimming the hessian jar covers, sorted out some other bits of fabric I'd already cut into circles for something years ago (can't remember what!), sorted and ditched a few other bits and bobs, and blitzed the bathroom with limescale treatment and mould treatment. Cats feeling lonely, so we spent most of the afternoon in the chair having cuddles, knitting, cross stitching and watching yet more recorded TV (I count that as clearing out too ).
    Sad news about Pepper, and also sad news from a friend in the north east whose dog needed visits to two vets, emergency surgical treatment and follow up medication

Today: shopping day, also need to go to butchers as not much in the freezer for the next week or so, general tidying up and expecting a delivery of jars (416 of them), so they will have to be checked and put somewhere ready to be washed before going to storage. Expect I'll get on with the knitting and maybe some more cross stitching later on.

Caroline - still plenty of creativity to keep you busy, and congratulations on the sale
    Mo and Pete - sounds like you had a pretty good weekend overall, but you're going to be busy getting things ready for your next event at the beginning of November. Hope the shop wasn't too awful yesterday.
    Dave - when are you back? We're missing you
    Shelley - hope you got some sleep last night and today you can start to deal with the big hole left in your lives

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Morning all...
      Well that soon fled by. Suitably sunned and sanded, back to the grindstone.
      Got a Christmas fair looming end of November so its Xmas makes for a while to build some stock up, first time I’ve done anything seasonal because if things don’t sell you are stuck with them until next year so I’m only making enough to fill the brief for the day...
      Just need to play catch up now...Linda, I did spot and deletify a couple of eejits even with an almost non existent wifi...keep em coming.
      Shelley, just gone back a post...sad times, thoughts are with you xx

BBL

Dave.
      Last edited by 3dDave; 08-10-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Afternoon all,

Rain and sun here.

Sad day, not doing much of anything. Hugging the other 2 cats a lot, I think they also understand whats happened and are needing a few more cuddles.

I need to pop out to the shops for a few bits and then not much of anything more

Tomorrow will try and get back in the swing of things or at least the important things, but I will allow myself the luxury of taking time to just reflect and appreciate all the good times, and weep when needed. Its at times like this that I am so glad I don't have to go to work and "perform" here I can just suit myself and potter about.

I am glad you are all keeping busy and Dave glad you are back safely.

Thank you for all your support and comments, it does help.

Have a good day everyone.

Shelley

Comment

Evening all.

Day of sun and showers but in the shop again. Autumn window done and collected a few more things for the Christmas window displays as they come in. Christmas cards in at last, every other shop seems to have had theirs for a few weeks.

Day off tomorrow but I have a conference call with new CEO's right hand man, who is actually a woman at 9am. Long and complicated story that's been going on for 5 years but someone seems to be listening at last. Will see if it's just a case of placating me or she is seriously interested in my proposals.

After that it's a day of yet more Christmas Decorations for the next event towards the end of the month followed by the last big one end of November. The next two weeks I will be working 6 days a week so it will be a case of Sunday and evenings to get stuff done.

Glad you had a great time Dave and have come back refreshed and ready to go for the silly season. People will buy your out of season themed cuts as well for gifts and they will keep till next year as well.

Shelley of course the other two will miss Pepper as well, perhaps not to the same extent as you but they have lost a member of their family too. You think you are ok and then some little thing will remind you of Pepper and you will be crying again. I have shed a tear with you as I am reminded of my cats in the past, the good and the sad times at the end after many many years of not having them around. But you are right you just have to get back into your routine as soon as possible.

Great hit rate Caroline and well done on the sale.

When is your next event Linda ? You are going to have to go some to fill that many jars LOL

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
          X