Monday 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 7th

Morning all! Dark out there this morning, ground dry(ish) but atmosphere feels damp. Heavy rain almost certain at some point this afternoon but if we're as lucky as yesterday it won't last as long as forecast. Definitely autumnal temperature.

Yesterday, got the hessian jam pot covers stitched to reduce fraying, most of them cut out; did a bit of mending and a bit of sorting while I was at it, then got the rooms vacuumed. Still catching up on recorded TV, had to pull down the latest bit of knitting as spotted an error, started to re-knit. Early night as usual.

Today, finish trimming jam pot covers, bathroom needs a good clean - spotted a bit of mould on an outside wall, blackberry vinegar to finish off and raspberry vinegar to start. Not having a mad "doing" day, but get a bit more done than previous few days.

Caroline - not sure what forecast is for your area, but hope there's not too much rain and winds aren't excessive.
    Mo and Pete - hope you got home safely from Wisley and with some space in the van where you'd taken stock.
    Shelley - a sad day, but hope Pepper has been reasonable over the weekend and you've enjoyed some time with her.
    Dave - still sunning? When are you due back to join the rest of us?

HAGO
    Linda

Morning all

The next couple of days are not going to be good weather wise, a case of dodging showers and being blown along the pavements.

How did the hessian toppers stitch in the end Linda. I love hessian and made some bags years ago, loved them and they sold well but stitching was a nightmare. Overlocked the seams and added fray stop, they were lined but wanted to be sure.

Thinking of you Shelley, hugs x

How was the journey home Mo & Pete, hope the trip was worthwhile for you.

When are you back Dave, you have been missed, the ijiots have descended.

Housework for me today, only upstairs about all I can deal with atm.

HAGO and BBL x

Comment

Morning all.

Dark and wet this morning no beautiful sunrise to watch.

Seems we are getting the weather today that was forecast for yesterday but not complaining. While we were expecting sunshine and showers on Saturday and high winds and heavy rain on Sunday we got sunshine with just one very heavy shower on Sunday for 10mins and overnight rain which wasn't a problem. So good time had by all, the Woodfest was really busy and we had a stonking weekend.

Completely sold out of Christmas decorations with just a few gift tags remaining. Pete was able to turn some of the new ones we want for West Horsley Place while we were there. Christmas has definitely started.

OOooh raspberry vinegar is lovely to cook red cabbage in with some apple, raisins and sugar. Not tried blackberyy vinegar but sounds lovey Linda.

Hope the hessian behaves Caroline.

Thinking of you Shelly.

Catch everyone later back to the grindstone today.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Just come back from the vets, Pepper is now at peace. She is lying in state till tomorrow so her daughters can have a chance to see her so they don't wonder why she just isn't here anymore.

We will bury her under a tree in the garden tomorrow.

As you can imagine very sad here but also a sort of sense of relief that it is over and she isn't suffering. The vet agreed she wasn't in pain but she was dying.

I will pop in tomorrow, life goes on and normality helps, but today is one of grieving.

Thanks for all your thoughts and hugs.

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
          Just come back from the vets, Pepper is now at peace. She is lying in state till tomorrow so her daughters can have a chance to see her so they don't wonder why she just isn't here anymore.

We will bury her under a tree in the garden tomorrow.

As you can imagine very sad here but also a sort of sense of relief that it is over and she isn't suffering. The vet agreed she wasn't in pain but she was dying.

I will pop in tomorrow, life goes on and normality helps, but today is one of grieving.

Thanks for all your thoughts and hugs.

Shelley
          Saw your post on fb - sending hugs and thoughts to you.
          Take as long as you need and come back when you are ready.

Linda

Comment

Thank you Linda,

It was Simon who suggested I post it on FB, not like him but I think he thought it would be a good way to let everyone know so that we didn't have tell lots of people for weeks.
            My friend pointed out that my sense of relief was probably because now I didn't have to worry if she suffering, I was feeling a bit guilty about that.

Shelley

Comment

Thank you Linda,

It was Simon who suggested I post it on FB, not like him but I think he thought it would be a good way to let everyone know so that we didn't have tell lots of people for weeks.
              My friend pointed out that my sense of relief was probably because now I didn't have to worry if she suffering, I was feeling a bit guilty about that.

Shelley

I think your friend was quite right Shelley, and Simon was right about posting on fb saving you perhaps weeks of having to break the news to friends and family.

Linda

Comment

Thank you Linda,

Shelley

Agree with Linda Shelley. Every pet owner has been through the same feelings, was it too soon, was it not soon enough. Have your day of private grieving. She was obviously well loved and thrived to reach such a great age. Doesn't make it any easier though. See you again when you are ready.

Lots of love,

Mo XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk
                https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thank you Mo, actually i think it was exactly the right time, that is one thing I wasn't worried about. I am a bit weepy but ok. Didn't sleep well last night so probably will sleep like a log tonight.
                  Shelley

Comment

Working...
                  X