Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 29th

Morning All

Dreadful the weather the next few days, rain, thunder, dull and did I mention rain!

Different 40 years ago today when it was warm and sunny day, Lee and I got married at St Joan of Arc's in Farnham at 11.00 am. We then had 3 weeks of 2 weeks annual leave and 1 week special leave. The weather was bliss. No honeymoon away, long story but we are still together and happy.

Finished stitching out the angels, have stitched 5 together will finish the other 5 today, then wait for the beads and bells. May make a start on the start bags with a Christmas pocket topper over a pocket on the front.

Is it me or is Strictly not as good, very disappointed the past 2 weeks, not necessarily the pros, their partners and some of the dances but something seems to be missing.

Off for a almond croissant for breakfast, HAGO and BBL x

Good morning all.

Damp and windy here too. Hoping the end of the week won't be too wet as we are at RHS Wisley and people won't bother to visit especially as its a very small event.

Got to get on with the Christmas stuff again today as it's my last day at home till be go on Friday.

Caroline maybe it's because we have watched it faithfully from the start and things change, presenters, judges and professionals and sometimes the mix just doesn't gel as well. Not keen on the selection of D list Celebrities but probably most of that is because we watch such a limited range of stuff on TV no idea who most of them are. I'm not keen either on the voting system for any of these shows where the public has the final say as it's mostly down to personality and the ahhhh factor rather then the ability to dance but I know that when I watch it, still winds me up when obviously the wrong people are voted off. Think I'm becoming a grumpy old woman LOL

Hope Linda is having a nice time away and Dave is all ready and packed for his next holiday. Think Shelley is in the shop Sundays but hopefully time as well to create.

Better shake a leg I suppose.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thank you for thinking off me while I've been offline. I've had a lovely weekend, although both journeys were long, wet and slow but I got there and back without incident.
      Feeling extremely tired after an active day yesterday and all the driving, so will be having an early night.

Hope everyone has managed to achieve what they had planned to get done in terms of craft work.

Strictly - has definitely changed very noticeably. I've recorded all the current season programmes but not yet actually bothered to watch any of them; and as for "celebrities" for quite a few years I've been lucky if I've even heard of a couple of them, never mind know who they are. Not sure who is on this year but I doubt I'll have a clue about any of them. Agree about the voting system, but I'm sure that's one of the things that attracts the audience and makes the programme so popular.

Have a good journey Dave and Sue.

Will check in tomorrow
      Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Rain, wind and sun here.

Yesterday got away with me again, busy in the shop and trying to keep up with everything.

Today a nice lie in and then a peaceful afternoon with crafty telly and making cards.

My friend will be back at about 6ish from the IOW. Then supper, then probably chatting and catching up as she wasn't here long before she rushed off to she her mum and very, very poorly stepdad.

Congratulations Caroline and Lee, 40 years thats ruby isn't it? Well done. Glad you have been happy.
        I think its a waste of time and money to have a honeymoon away, much better to just spend time together.
        Simon and I didn't even have a wedding never mind a honeymoon.

Mo enjoy your xmas making. I have never watched strictly, not for me. I don't watch any of those types of things, talent shows ect.

Dave busy for the off? Away tomorrow on hols?

Linda okay? I know you are away.

Safe travels to those on the move and everyone else stay dry and warm.

Shelley

Comment

Thank you for the reminder Shelley - I completely forgot to say congratulations to Caroline and Lee (I'm blaming it on brain fog from this weekend's activities!).

Congratulations Caroline and Lee, may you have many more years together. We didn't have a honeymoon either, but that's mainly because we had no money - marriage was a quick trip to the registry office a, couple of friends dragooned in as witnesses and that was it. Managed to survive 46 years though, where others who had big flashy weddings didn't last too well.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the various ongoing craft projects.

Linda

Comment

Thank you for the congrats. We only had a small church wedding, Therin lay the problem. MIL said she would not come if in a Catholic Church, needless she came b....y miserable in all the photos. We were waiting to complete on our maisonette and did so on the 28th September, day before. We were happy to enjoy three weeks on days out. Mum gave us a choice big wedding or money, we chose the latter. She equipped the kitchen, oven, fridge etc. This was another problem with mil she wanted us to have a large wedding in a c of e church. Which I refused as Lee was not a church goer and I was.

Comment

We were waiting to complete on our maisonette and did so on the 28th September, day before. We were happy to enjoy three weeks on days out. Mum gave us a choice big wedding or money, we chose the latter. She equipped the kitchen, oven, fridge etc. This was another problem with mil she wanted us to have a large wedding in a c of e church. Which I refused as Lee was not a church goer and I was.
              Sounds like a sensible choice to me
              As for MiL - whose wedding did she think it was? Personally I think attitudes like that are deplorable and selfish.
              We didn't have anything like that, but then we didn't tell anyone we were getting married (only asked the people who were witnesses a couple of days beforehand )

Linda

Comment

I did wish Caroline congratulations on FB but here are best wishes again for many years to come.

Hated my first wedding and stuck it out for almost 40 years but adored my second, not having any more, could never beat that one LOL and anyway my Dad said before he gave me way '' I'm not doing this again mind '' so Pete can't get rid of me that easily. The only people we needed to please were ourselves. No wedding gifts required just a contribution to the reception by way of a dish of food or a bottle of wine or physical help getting everything ready, decorating the venue which was here on the estate and helping in the kitchen. A friend made our woodland cake, I did all the flowers and some of the cooking, my dress was off Ebay with a silk coat over the top borrowed from my best friend.

The right decision tonight on Strictly I think...............

Going to have an early night working four days in a row in the shop before we are off to Wisley. Night, night all.

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Weddings were mentioned a lot, so I decided to ask: what's the budget? We're planning to marry in the spring and spend about £12k at the wedding. Is the sum ok? Also we need to come up with a decent venue. [MOD EDIT..no links please] Trying to do everything properly.
                  Last edited by 3dDave; 30-09-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Haha 12k, you gotta be kidding me, what an absolute waste of money. Are you very, very rich? then this is ok, will you be going into debt for this? then its very, very bad.
                    Last edited by Lilly42; 30-09-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
                      Haha 12k, you gotta be kidding me, what an absolute waste of money. Are you very, very rich? then this is ok, will you be going into debt for this? then its very, very bad.
                      10 years ago my friends daughter spent £23K on the wedding it lasted 7 years !! Apparently the average spend on a wedding these days is around £27K including the honeymoon.

Mo.XX
                      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                      www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X