Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 19th

Morning all

Dull but no rain here atm. Had quite a few showers yesterday but helped the garden and saved watering. Blood taking went well and this time did not bruise! Shopping done. Wanted a cheap week this week and had some vouchers, so slummed it in Sainsbury's . Skipped the farm shop as at that point hammering it down but did get the repeats collected.

Did you get your labelling done Linda? I hate the end bit of a creation. Love making but the stock listing, labelling etc is boring. That reminds me have not stock listed the 2 necklaces or found boxes and price labels for them.

How is the leg Shelley, keep an eye on it and hope you get the swab results quickly.

Well done on the sales Mo, better than nothing. We have rituals and always make time a couple of times in the day for a chat. First thing after breakfast to discuss the day and then late afternoon, you know they say 'Good to talk'.

Dave having a whale of a time in Wales, .

No Sarah? must be busy in the shop.

HAGO and BBL x

Morning All! Was bright about an hour ago, but clouding over a little now. Rain expected this afternoon, but hopefully we'll escape the really heavy stuff.

Yesterday, went out to lop off some very wayward brambles - recent rain and sunshine means they are growing several inches in length each day - ended up cutting back quite a bit of stuff then had a go at the hedge at the entrance to our "drive" on the far side of the garden. Unfortunately, my anvil loppers broke (the anvil has broken into parts and dropped off), so can't do the thicker branches until I can get a new one/pair(?). Picked three large bags of pines cones from the bonfire pile, having found a neighbour uses them for firelighters. Got the stock picked and packed for Sunday then got the recent make labelled and squeezed into a corner of the store room. Spent the rest of the day on more family tree tidying.

Today, need to pop out to do a chore this morning, then don't know, so will just see how I feel. Sniffles didn't develop to anything yesterday, but haven't cleared up either.

How is your back today Caroline? Hope you're not considering doing anything that might aggravate it again. As for labelling - yes all done; I'm one of those weird people who actually like doing paperwork (don't even mind filing!), so the only problem for me is finding the time to do it!
    Mo - good news on the big sale yesterday morning; if only that type of thing would occur several times a week
    Shelley - how are you feeling today? Do take things as steadily as you can and give the ABs and your body chance to attack the infection
    Dave - still in Wales? Hope you've had time to get out and about and enjoy the Welsh scenery.
    Sarah - been quiet, hope all is well.

HAGO
    Linda

Comment

Back is very stiff still Linda, taking it easy and only doing research odds and ends.

I don't mind doing paperwork once I get started, just getting started. We used to use fir cones for fires, so quick if dry and easy to use plus the smell is not too bad either. Lee went fir coning with our first Golden, Pancho over at Cut Mill. There he was picking up fir cones, minding his own business and out of the shrubbery came the army on their stomachs, crawling through the undergrowth. Pancho was amused and went to help them! so embarrassing having a dog lie down and copy them. They were very good though.

Comment

Good morning all.

Well it's hammering it down at the moment but quite breezy as well so may pass over but forecast more to come. Don't think we will be walking around the gardens at Waterperry though.

Looking forward to this show as they have talk and demonstrations throughout the weekend.We both love ceramics and from the promotional posts on faceache there are some amazing artists there. When we do these events we rarely get time to amble around and look at other stands so it will be nice to be on the other side of the table.

Hope your leg is improving Shelley and Linda's sniffles come to nothing.

Slumming it in Sainsburys Caroline, never mind it could be Lidl like we do LOL

Hope Dave's holiday in Wales doesn't get rained off.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Mo.XX

Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Lee went fir coning with our first Golden, Pancho over at Cut Mill. There he was picking up fir cones, minding his own business and out of the shrubbery came the army on their stomachs, crawling through the undergrowth. Pancho was amused and went to help them! so embarrassing having a dog lie down and copy them. They were very good though.
          LOL!!!!

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Its been raining on and off since last night, at times quite heavy. Good thing really, garden was parched and we used the last of the water butt the day before yesterday. Really hate paying to water the garden so try to avoid it.

Leg not getting worse but not getting better, but its only the second full day of ABs so hopefully by Monday it will be better, if not back to the docs, Monday is also when the results of the swab should be in.
            My chest however is almost back to normal so thats a bonus.

Today more paperwork towards the VAT, yesterday got all the ins done now its just the outs and then some calculations, so should be done Sunday, Monday at the latest.

Sorry your back is still bothering you Caroline.
            I much prefer Sainsburys, we have a Waitrose close to us too but I don't like the choice, they have a limited stock of branded goods and far too much of their own creations that I dislike intensely. Heston Blumenthal has some very strange ideas about food combinations. Way too many weird ingredients. Give me good old Heinz baked beans all day long. I buy all my food as unprocessed as possible and make everything from scratch because of my nut allergies.
            I am the same, I don't mind doing the paperwork, its just getting started.

Linda you seem to be keeping on top of the vegetation. One year at Xmas I found pine cones impregnated with different chemicals that burned with different colours on the fire, it was beautiful to watch. Tried to find them the next year, couldn't find them anywhere.

Mo hope you are both having a wonderful, if a bit damp, day out. We always have our little chat last thing at night in bed, what has happened during the day and whats happening the next day. Used to be a much longer conversation, these days we spend most of the day together so not much to update.

Dave and Sue still enjoying Wales? Safe travels.

Have a good day everyone.

Shelley

Last edited by Lilly42; 19-07-2019, 03:16 PM.
            Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Comment

I only go to Sainsburys if going past. Nearly always have Waitrose deliver, think this gives a better choice of options for us as Petersfield store is very good.

Comment

About 10 years or so ago I tore the ligaments in my knee and couldn't drive for about 6 weeks. The supermarket I had been using turned into a Morrisons and that was so bad I drove 15/20 minutes to the 24 hour huge Tesco once a week to do a big shop.
                Because I had been using them already and they were one of the first to do home delivery I used their service til I could drive again. Very useful in that situation but so much prefer going and wondering round and picking things, like the freshest fruit and veg, bread, eggs and making my own substitutions
                But each to their own.
                Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Comment

Evening all...

Wales was indeed sunny and hot, today was the worst day, we left at 10am so no loss there.
                  Amy arrived after a couple of days with Baby Daniel. She brought soooo much stuff we could hardly move...me, Sue, Flo the dog and those two. Baby gurgles in the night ( and trust me, this one talks to himself all night long...no crying, just mumbling 😩 ), Dave wakes, dog wakes too, wants out for a pee so I had to get dressed, take the dog out...got zero sleep...we’ve come back home for a rest 😆
                  Hardly any signal so internet was pretty non existent.
                  Hope all are well, catch up tomorrow.

Dave.

Comment

The Ceramics Show at Waterperry Gardens was fabulous. So much variety, all beautifully made and each with their own style, some were so innovative too. One guy made thin sheet clay formed it into a corrugated slab then twisted it like origami into forms. It was so fine and light, all in black and white, just gorgeous.

We had only got around the first half a dozen stands when a voice said, ''Oh it's the wood man'' Can't take him anywhere LOL Turns out to be a customer from Wisley in the spring who was extolling the wonders of the large candle pillar she bought. Told her we will be back for the Christmas Show which has moved down the road to West Horsley and she said see us there.

Sadly because of the rain we didn't do the gardens, next year maybe. We did have the best of the weather while we were there which was good and hit a fair bit of traffic on the way back, poets day so the 1hr 45min journey became 2hr 20mins. Definitely visit it again next year.

Glad you have a nice break Dave hope you can catch up with your sleep now.

I have had pine cones with different smelling wax on and these are lovely as the wax helps light the fire too.

Back to work again tomorrow then we may go mad and have a second day out on Sunday.

Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk
                    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Dave, you made me smile, coming home for a nice rest Nothing like your own bed for the best sleep.

So glad you both had a lovely day out Mo, nothing better than a good bit of positive fame, enjoy.

Sleep well everyone, nite all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
                        About 10 years or so ago I tore the ligaments in my knee and couldn't drive for about 6 weeks. The supermarket I had been using turned into a Morrisons and that was so bad I drove 15/20 minutes to the 24 hour huge Tesco once a week to do a big shop.
                        Because I had been using them already and they were one of the first to do home delivery I used their service til I could drive again. Very useful in that situation but so much prefer going and wondering round and picking things, like the freshest fruit and veg, bread, eggs and making my own substitutions
                        But each to their own.
                        I agree Shelley but I hate shopping of any type. I know odd but do not to crowds well. go to M & S foodhall in Weyhill mainly because never over busy apart from Christmas when people go mad and I avoid like the plague.

Had a delivery by Sainsbury's once and it was dreadful the fresh was rubbish and the dates for BB? well let's just say we would have had to pig out the first 2 days then starved. Find with W if they have what they call a short date you get the chance to have it but they do not charge. If this involves items that can be frozen a win, win. Rang once as 1 egg out of 12 was broken, told her not to worry but got refunded for the 12.
                        Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 20-07-2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X