Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic News!!

Afternoon all,
    Had a good day all round. My son has Aspbergers Syndrome (Autistic spectrum) and we have been fighting the LEA for a statement. We took them to tribunal as they refused to consider his application for a statement.We won the tribunal and they were ordered to consider the application and today we informed that we won as he will be statemented. It only took us a couple of months but these cases usually go on for up to 6 years. We had a great solicitor and now a very low bank balance(LOL) Great news and its my birthday tomorrow so a double wammy!!!! Enjoy the rest of the very wet day!!
    Clairexx
    http://clairebsd.blogspot.com/

aw that's fantastic news, congratulations.........and happy birthday too
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Hi Claire,

That sounds great news!

Sorry to sound ignorant but what exactly does this mean for your son?

Hope you have a good birthday tomorrow also! :d
      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

That is fantastic, congratulations and have a very happy birthday.

Comment

Congratulations

Hi Claire,
          Congratulations, I know how important this is for you as my friend has an autistic son and is trying to do the same, she is paying a lot of money to keep him as a day pupil at a school that spe******es in autistic children. The improvement in his well being and behaviour has been incredible but she is not well off and won't be able to afford it for long. I hope you and your son get the support you need, it can make a real difference. I think it is shameful that you have to fight so hard for it when so much money is wasted on less deserving things.
          Chris W.
          x
          Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

I am really pleased that your son's needs have been recognised. All any of us want is the best for our children and it shouldn't be so very hard. Have a really great birthday and I hope that your son gets all the help he needs.
            www.littlebead.blogspot.com
            www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by craftyc View Post
              Afternoon all,
              Had a good day all round. My son has Aspbergers Syndrome (Autistic spectrum) and we have been fighting the LEA for a statement. We took them to tribunal as they refused to consider his application for a statement.We won the tribunal and they were ordered to consider the application and today we informed that we won as he will be statemented. It only took us a couple of months but these cases usually go on for up to 6 years. We had a great solicitor and now a very low bank balance(LOL) Great news and its my birthday tomorrow so a double wammy!!!! Enjoy the rest of the very wet day!!
              Clairexx
              that is absolutley fantastic news. they hate having to give up those statements. Its such amazingly good news for your son, I'm sure he will really benefit from it. A couple of months is a top result, because your right they can go on for years by which time its too late!

Happy birthday too!
              Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Oooh I dont really know what all that means but I'm so pleased for you and your family and your son and wish you all the very, very best with everything you achieve

Hey I'm chuffed I said "never say never" the other day, I feel like Mystic Meg now!

Oh and belated Happy Birthday, darnit I just missed it by 15 minutes

Shaz x
                Keepsake Kollections
                & Rossendale Ramblings!
                http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Working...
                X