Help with finding metal keyboard tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding metal keyboard tutorials

Hi all my son has asked me to ask all you lovely people on here for some help.

He has been searching the net endlessly and can't find any tutorials or anything teaching you to play metal on the keyboard. What he is looking for is acutal keyboard tunes not guitar covers. The sort of thing he is looking for is things by Children of Bodom (who the hell are they!!!) or Dream Theater (again who are they!!!).

Thanks guys for all your help.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Sorry I cant help.......Is there not a music shop in Glasgow city centre ? There used to be one that sold music sheets. My brother used to go to it.

I went with him once and he played in a rock band.

Sorry not much help sure they will be other people who know for sure where you get these things from.

Cheers Janice
    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

sorry i cant help my daughters got an electric guitar she doesnt live at home she got some music sheets from the internet so im sure there out there you just need someone to point the way
      Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lisa, I think you're going to be hard pressed to find keyboard music sheets for any heavy metal music as 99% of it is all electric guitar based.

My teenage daughter plays bass guitar. I'll ask her and see if she knows of anywhere. I'll also ask my eldest son, he plays drums he may know of something.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Ruby x
        Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
        Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
        Facebook Page

Comment

Lisa sorry forgot to ask. Does he know how to play keyboards already? If so then I may have come up with a solution for him.

Ruby x
          Ruby xx

Facebook Page

Comment

I don't know if this will be of any help, but might be worth asking, they have got a fantastic reputation.

http://www.chappellofbondstreet.co.uk/C~10~Sheet+Music

Also sounds crazy but is it worth writing to the bands, asking if they can help. It might work.
            Amanda
            xx

Comment

Originally posted by girlyracer View Post
              Lisa sorry forgot to ask. Does he know how to play keyboards already? If so then I may have come up with a solution for him.

Ruby x

Hi Ruby,

Yep he can play the keyboard and read music (multi talented little swine that he is - all self taught!!).

Thanks for all your help everyone - he drives me nuts playing the keyboard as it is god only knows what this stuff will be like now!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Does this mean anything to him? if so just google band name and piano score.
                http://fr.tabnabber.com/view_Tab.asp...sName=Downfall
                "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Hi Lisa

So he is a smart alec then is he ...LOL.

I had a quick chat with my eldest. He is heavily into music, he plays drums he's got his drum kit in his bedroom, I know we must be mad!! He also creates midi music on his PC using a Game Boy (don't ask, haven't got a clue!!)

Anyway, he suggests that he uses a software program called Guitar Pro. It costs $59 (£30) and is available as an instant download. It is a tablature editor. Although it is for guitars, one of the things you can do with it is to convert tabs to different instruments, keyboards being one of them. Now if he goes on to www.911tabs.com he can then get hold of any tabs (Children of Bodom is on there) and use them. They even have guitar pro tabs available.

I had a quick look on Chappell music and all the heavy metal books they have are for guitars only. This way he can use any guitar tab and convert it so that he can use it on his keyboard.

Hope that helps.

Ruby x

PS Just sent you a PM.
                  Ruby xx

Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by girlyracer View Post
                    Hi Lisa

So he is a smart alec then is he ...LOL.

I had a quick chat with my eldest. He is heavily into music, he plays drums he's got his drum kit in his bedroom, I know we must be mad!! He also creates midi music on his PC using a Game Boy (don't ask, haven't got a clue!!)

Anyway, he suggests that he uses a software program called Guitar Pro. It costs $59 (£30) and is available as an instant download. It is a tablature editor. Although it is for guitars, one of the things you can do with it is to convert tabs to different instruments, keyboards being one of them. Now if he goes on to www.911tabs.com he can then get hold of any tabs (Children of Bodom is on there) and use them. They even have guitar pro tabs available.

I had a quick look on Chappell music and all the heavy metal books they have are for guitars only. This way he can use any guitar tab and convert it so that he can use it on his keyboard.

Hope that helps.

Ruby x

PS Just sent you a PM.
                    Ow Ruby you are a star will PM you in a minute. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Cheers.

Lisa
                    Bowed Over
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

And here I was thinking you were asking about metal keyboards for computers!!
                      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
                        And here I was thinking you were asking about metal keyboards for computers!!

I know, I know - might be an idea but what would happen if you spilled your coffee into a metal keyboard!!!

Hehe.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

It'd probably go FIZZ, BANG, WALLOP

Ruby x
                          Ruby xx

Facebook Page

Comment

download guitar pro, its useful for that sort of thing
                            another thing u could do is get him to learn by ear...
                            And unless your song is a genius he's going to have a hard time with those bands, their keys parts are virtuoso...i cant play them!

Comment

Working...
                            X