Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please.

Okay, here's the story.
    I bought some beads from eBay, I paid for them straight away with PayPal and everything, this was almost 3 weeks ago now. After ten days, the beads hadn't arrived, so I emailed the seller telling them that, and they e-mailed me back asking if I wanted my money back, or if I wanted the beads, and well ... I wanted the beads, so I told her that. Another 7 days passes and I'm getting quite miffed at this point. So I e-mail her again (being really polite) and basically said, I don't want to have to report an item not sent, so if you could just give me my money back, that won't happen. Then she e-mailed back saying "You don't have to report anything, THANK YOU VERY MUCH." How rude is that? she told me to keep "both" of the packages, and THEN she'll refund me. Quite frankly, 1. If I had both of them, I wouldn't be asking for a refund, would I? and 2. I don't think her immature and damn rude attitude is helping the situation. Granted, I didn't pay £200 for the beads, but £200 or 2p, it's the principle of the whole thing.

Why would TWO packages magically disappear into thin air like that?
    She was talking to me like it was my fault.

I don't know what to do now. ]: & I really hate rude people trying to confront me. Help please?

www.thetrinketmonster.blogspot.com (:

Have you asked her to send you ( if it too doesn't get lost!!) the proof of posting receipt. What was the feedback like for the seller?.
    Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

Report it

A very similar thing happened to me a while ago and I got that fed up I reported it! Do it, it's the only way!!! I ended up getting what I wanted and in the end the seller was very nice about it. Just do it I say. I was like you and left it and left it but in the end I HAD to report it. Sue xx
      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

we have had some bad experiances on ebay and purple planet were really bad i didnt get refunds for items not recieved after emails and phone calls so i am cautious who i order from i check out there history on ebay but there is not a lot you can do then they leave you bad feedback and your rating goes down so i know how angry you are feeling you just want to shout at someone
        Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Report them, Report them, Report them!

I say report them. Why should you have to sit around and wait for goods that you've already paid for. Don't let them get away with it!! Don't waste your energy worrying about what to do about that rude person who obviously has not got a personality. Just report them.

Here endeth the rant!!

Ebay need people to tell them when sellers aren't sticking to the agreements etc.

Sharon
          Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
          Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
          Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Her feedback is 100% - I always like to make sure I buy from sellers who have ATLEAST 98% I'm even cautious about those with 99% - she made me feel like I didn't have a right to report it, and it was my fault!

Ugh, some people could make a vicar swear. =/

Comment

Firstly, as an ebay seller I think you've done exactly the right thing so far. You've been polite and understanding and by the sound of things she just been rude! You've paid via paypal so you can now open a dispute on paypal to reclaim your money...it'll freeze her account till either she gives proof of posting or refunds you.
              Proof of posting can be a bit of a bug bare with people selling jewellery items as at the end of the day someone always has to pay. The post office won't give compensation. If she's got proof you're responsible for the loss. If not then she is. I hate when people have opened disputes on me because it's usually the first thing I hear about when an item is lost but, in this case, it's not like you've not given her the chance to cough up!
              Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
              Dichroic Glass Tutorials
              Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by thetrinketmonster View Post
                Her feedback is 100% - I always like to make sure I buy from sellers who have ATLEAST 98% I'm even cautious about those with 99% - she made me feel like I didn't have a right to report it, and it was my fault!

Ugh, some people could make a vicar swear. =/
                ...the feedback system is ridiculous! One of my rivals has about 120 negs but because he sends out more than 500 pieces a month that somehow equals a 99% positive rating!
                Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

You have done everything right. It takes two to make a good transaction and this seller is not playing ball. You have been reasonable and now you can only take the next course of action which is to report this and possibly open a disspute.

Sue
                  www.susiedolls.com
                  www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

She didn't offer an insurance thingamawhatsit =/ if she had, I'd have taken it. The beads I ordered were specific to three custom items a friend of a friend of a friends mum had asked me to make (she owns her own clothes shop whatsit) and she was willing to give me a chance, but because I had no beads to make the things I wanted to make

1. My work wasn't as good as I'd hoped it could be because I had to improvise.
                    2. It was late.
                    3. She couldn't really see what I was made of.

She was understanding, but it felt very 'unprofessional' of me.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Don't beat yourself up, I'm sure you can present her with another item. We all feel at times as if we have fallen short of our best ( well at least I feel like that most of the time!!!!).
                      Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

The woman just randomly refunded me last night. (??)
                        It must be my hard-faced cyber demeanour.

Comment

Working...
                        X