I'm so nervous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so nervous!

There's moderators coming in to college to see my Interior Design work. Everyone else in the class has the same type of thing. ("oriental"/naff) which seems to go down pretty well. I chose flamingo and hot air balloons as my theme, along with Georgian inspired design, and mahogany stand (It's a lamp). Now I'm thinking "WHAT WAS I THINKING?!" - I'm also getting my little website up and running this week. I really want people to like it. All of it! ]: Just have to wait and see, I guess.
    www.thetrinketmonster.blogspot.com (:

You have your own distinctive style so have faith in what you do. I hope it goes well for you, let us know how you get on.
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

At least you aren't being a sheep. You are being original and that's what it's all about!!
      Good luck!!
      http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

You are different!! hold your head up high and be proud of what you do...self confidence, that's the key.

Sue
        www.susiedolls.com
        www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

you will be ok its good to have your own style my daughter did her gsce and always had her own style and got a* where as lots that copied got cs i do think originality will always shine through
          Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wise words all

Doubt hits us all at times but your inspiration was there at the beginning so its still there now, just needs re-visiting is all

Best of luck with everything!

Shaz x
            Keepsake Kollections
            & Rossendale Ramblings!
            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

You know what they say

Hey take a deep breath - it will be fine

Comment

how did it go?
                Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Well, I've decided to go with my initial instincts, and I've drawn up my plans for the flamingo/hot-air balloon fabric, just have to go get it printed, now.

And I've started on a whole room set! I've gone for kind of 50's glam (marilyn monroe/jukeboxes/bright vinyl) mixed with like ... I'm not sure. Some really dainty floral fabric, for 'diner' style seats, and some big old chairs, I've knitted a cover for one! and I'm having some of the others in quite unusual modern fabrics, it's basically really old edwardian/victorian style furniture in unusual colours and fabrics. (:

Thanks for all the support guys.
                  www.thetrinketmonster.blogspot.com (:

Comment

Good luck!!! My son worries like mad when the mederators are due where he teaches!!!! You're not on your own. Best of luck. Sue xx
                    http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm liking the sound of your ideas! good for you! you have to do what you want and take the leap!

s.x
                      Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Best of luck with the moderators, it sounds to me as if your designs will stand out head and shoulders above the rest if they are all so samey. Keep up the good work and I'm sure it will pay off. Why not post some pics/photos for us if you get a chance?

Si.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X